[RECRUITING! Next Check-In: Jan. 29th! 8 songs unclaimed!] Jigsaw Memories: A B-K Series Album

Kirvee

Sort of hit a snag, but I've made some headway. Basically my main computer for remixing died suddenly. But with the way things are looking, I may only be out of commission until Tuesday.

I have a 1-minute test piece already worked out, of about the first half of Cloud Cuckooland already, and I'm seriously committed to getting back on it ASAP.

Ah, right. I should probably post a link to some of my past stuff as well. May as well go with stuff related to this:

Blackeye Theme-related thing.

Grunty's Lair thing.

Some thing vaguely based off Rusty Bucket Bay:

http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/489702

And an unrelated album I did a while back:

http://ocremix.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41043

Sorry about the sudden link spam now. I have news to back it up, and make the post relevant again, thankfully: I've finished the uber-rough demo thing for Cloud Cuckooland, though it's mainly me playing around with instrument combinations and arrangements.

My hope is to find out which sections are more fun to listen to than the others, and then probably build another mix based off what section is chosen. I'd PM a DL link to one of you, but the PM system isn't working for me.

Also, Kirvee's email address was refusing my mail earlier on, so I'm not exactly sure how to go about handing it off to someone without publicly linking it. Can't use Skype or MSN Messenger while i'm between computers, either. :/

Wow I'm sorry! I haven't been around for 2 weeks because of the slump, ahaha....

@Mairujyat: IDK what could've been up with OCR before, but I got both of your PMs O_o. I've responded to it already, but just in case. Yes, you may have Cloud Cuckooland =). I also don't know why my e-mail wouldn't have been working....but I have my IMs publicly listed....don't I? Though if you tried to contact me through MSN, MSN no longer shows me when I get an invite and I apparently have a ton and I'm not sure who's a spambot and who's a real person. AIM works better for me.

Also to answer the question you asked, I mean just beta music from B-K itself. It may've started as Project Dream, but IIRC the music composed for Dream wasn't really re-used for B-K, so it would be a tribute to the beta songs from B-K.

@Toma: It is indeed still open and it is yours now =). I like the songs I listened to, so feel free to talk to me about what you're thinking of for it!

@HooNose: Awesome, keep me posted~!

@Cash: Thankfully we still have a lot more check-ins coming up =P.

EDIT:

Also, in case you can't contact me for some reason through OCR or e-mail (though I really don't know why my e-mail wouldn't have been working....), I have my Plurk, Tumblr and LJ linked in my signature. If I'm not on OCR, I'm basically always on Tumblr, so you can get in contact with me there too.

Edited by Kirvee

@Mairujyat: IDK what could've been up with OCR before, but I got both of your PMs O_o. I've responded to it already, but just in case. Yes, you may have Cloud Cuckooland =). I also don't know why my e-mail wouldn't have been working....but I have my IMs publicly listed....don't I? Though if you tried to contact me through MSN, MSN no longer shows me when I get an invite and I apparently have a ton and I'm not sure who's a spambot and who's a real person. AIM works better for me.

I figured out what my mistake was. Absolutely nothing turned up in the 'Sent Items' list on the PM system, so there was a bit of a reasonable assumption on my part that they didn't go through. Sorry about that.

I don't actually have AIM, and I've already got accounts with Skype, MSN, Yahoo, and Gmail, and so... yeah... I'm not eager to keep adding to the list, since it's pretty decently comprehensive. I'll stick to PMs, now that I know that they work.

Anyway, I might be claiming Glitter Gulch Mine as well, I have a 4-minute bit that I'd been working on for the past couple weeks that uses both Cloud Cuckooland and Glitter Gulch Mine's theme. I'll PM you what I have so far, and hopefully turn that orange text into magenta, if that's fine with you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Bumping this thread.

Check-in was three days ago and I'm waiting on more responses to all the PMs and e-mails I sent.

Also two songs became available again so now we're on 15 songs unclaimed.

If I don't hear back from Toma by the next check-in, that might become 16 songs unclaimed.

Also we're probably going to be extending the final deadline by another 6 months depending on how the project stands by the next check-in.

As always, please consider helping out if you have any iota of interest in this.

• 1 month later...

well since hailfire peak is open, I'd be interested in giving it a shot. We have pretty good WIP feedback right? It'll probably take me a few iterations of feedback to get there but I think its worth a shot. No better way to improve than to try :)

Oh and heres an example of a rearrangment I did.

https://soundcloud.com/jesse-mitchell-3/esperado-feat-hakstock-all-the

Edited by Esperado
added work example

Today's a check-in and I'll be sending out PMs to everyone I haven't received recent updates from.

Also, due to the fact we're no where near done, I've edited the deadlines portion of the first post with new Check-In dates through November of this year. Please consult it for future Check-In dates.

I am not musically inclined and cannot contribute to this project (though I wish I could). Anyway, this is a set of games that I have truly been looking for remixes for and I hope that the album progresses to completion.

Is the release date still set for sometime in March of this year?

@Skinner: Aaah sorry, I just now saw these replies ; v ;.

No, the release date has been pushed back. I'm not sure when it will be released. We're not even 25% done atm, so....

But thank you for your support! I'm happy to know another person is looking forward to these ^__^.

Thank you as well for the offer, but we need QA people who are musically inclined so that our remixers can receive the best possible feedback to make their remixes the best they can be. You'll be able to listen to them when the project is finished, though. I hope you'll enjoy them =).