[RECRUITING! Next Check-In: Jan. 29th! 8 songs unclaimed!] Jigsaw Memories: A B-K Series Album

Kirvee

Is Banjo-Kazooie Grunty's Revenge for the GBA going to be on the album since this is a tribute to banjo-kazooie?

Just Curious :).

YOU KNOW.....

I was honestly considering including that game because yes this is a series tribute, but after a bit of research it seemed like that game was non-canon? Or was too far removed to be considered a main BK game. Either way it made me determine to not include it.

However, I'm not opposed to letting songs from it be used =Oa. They can be bonus songs. Though since I'm not familiar with that game's music, the person is free to choose whatever songs from that game they'd want to make a track out of.

Banjo-Kazooie, Tooie, and Grunty's Revenge are all part of my childhood. I practically remember every song from those games.

So when I get a little better at using my DAW, then I'll see if I can do something, and if I can then I'll let you know :).

Currently working on the RMWtS compo, and I need to do something for the DK64 album, so we'll see. It's definitely something that's on my list of to-do's :), but this is a huge Maybe.

Edit: The game takes place two months after the events in Banjo-Kazooie.

Edited by Cosmic Sounds

Banjo-Kazooie, Tooie, and Grunty's Revenge are all part of my childhood. I practically remember every song from those games.

So when I get a little better at using my DAW, then I'll see if I can do something, and f I can then I'll let you know :).

Currently working on the RMWtS compo, and I need to do something for the DK64 album, so we'll see. It's definitely something that's on my list of to-do's :).

Hehe, BK and BT were the only parts of my childhood ; v ;. I never got to play Grunty's Revenge.

Alright~! Just let me know U vU.

I'd be interested in claiming Grunty Industries if I'm allowed to remix the theme that plays
. I can imagine it being a nice metal song with some robotic/electronic sounds.

Sure! You're allowed to use any extra music from a level at your discretion. IIRC, that song is basically a remix itself of the main GI level song, right? So it'd still count as a remix of that level's theme if you started from that one.

I agree with your impression on the song and level as well (A+ thinking in terms of the album's theme), so you may have it!

I'll take on Grunty Industries and, if anyone's willing, I'd love to collab for either Cloud Cuckooland or Freezeezy Peak, PM if interested.

Aah sorry =(. I usually give songs to whoever claims them in the order I see. But the other two you mention are open, so you can have either or both of them. Collabs are also allowed! Just let me know if you find someone to collab with (we actually have one collab piece right now in the works).

I was asked about joining the project before, but I was mainly busy with working on my own album. Now that I've acquired some free time, I would gladly claim Freezeezy Peak. There's an arrangement idea I've been rolling around in my head for months now, and I can PM a brief demo of it today.

Sweet! We'd love to have you! Could you PM me the demo, please?

• 1 month later...

If anyone tried to PM me before, my inbox was full (Can OCR staff please make the limit not be 300 collectively and instead be 300 for inbox and sent individually? That'd be great). You're able to PM me now, I emptied out a few of the messages so I have room now for new PMs.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

It's been a while, but it's time for another check-in. Sending out PMs to everyone. We still have open/unclaimed songs, so if you see this and are interested, pleeeaaaaaaase claim one?

Since we're still not done, next check-in isn't the final one. I'll post more check-in dates when that one gets closer.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

So I haven't lost faith that this project needs to happen...if need be on unaffiliated Soundcloud playlist, then thats a start! The last login for the organizer was almost 2 years ago, so could this be logged as abandon property and ( at least until something more tangible comes to pass) can I take this project up and see if I can collect some tracks, then probably hand it off?