[RECRUITING! Next Check-In: Jan. 29th! 8 songs unclaimed!] Jigsaw Memories: A B-K Series Album

Kirvee

Added!

Also I'm thinking of adding a small note to the Style/Genre part because I've been thinking recently, since this is a tribute and a look back on the series as a whole, wouldn't it be awesome if the remixes not only re-imagined the familiar tunes but also invoked the feel/ambiance of the level it's from?

I kinda ran a similar idea by DaMonz for the boss remix, but in terms of the level remixes, wouldn't it be sweet if, when you listen to Bubblegloop Swamp's remix not only would you hear the tune you're familiar with but you'd be able to imagine a dangerous, giant swamp full of piranha-infested water, killer dragonflies, an angry crocodile and a bunch of small turtles inside a larger turtle. You basically wouldn't just be listening to a simple remix, but in a way you would be experiencing the music at the same time. The original songs sort of did this as well, since some of them included little sound effects as part of the music, but what I'm thinking about basically takes that a step further.

It'd require a lot of work on the remixer's end, but....what does everyone think of that?

I'm not sure how the recent announcement that a private Banjo-Kazooie project has been in the works, will affect this project. Are people still interested in working on this? The recent announcement could possibly push this project past the intended release. I was planning on claiming a track, but now I don't know.

EDIT: Actually, I don't know if the release date of this project will be changed. June 2013 is a while away, I guess it depends on when the other album is released. I'll still work on this project if others will.

Edited by Cash

I was already made aware of it a while ago, I just couldn't say anything.

But since now it's public knowledge, guess I can? XD.

Our projects are different so we're still good. Theirs exclusively focuses on the first game (which is why I was adamantly opposed to the suggestion that this project only be about the first game) while ours is more about the series as a whole.

Also theirs is almost completely done IIRC. And our release date isn't final either, it's just there for the sake of being there. Our release date is determined by how many people join and how quickly they join.

Edited by Kirvee

I'm not sure how the recent announcement that a private Banjo-Kazooie project has been in the works, will affect this project. Are people still interested in working on this? The recent announcement could possibly push this project past the intended release. I was planning on claiming a track, but now I don't know.

EDIT: Actually, I don't know if the release date of this project will be changed. June 2013 is a while away, I guess it depends on when the other album is released. I'll still work on this project if others will.

In the event that the private album is released in that time, we could wait until 2015, the 15th anniversary of Banjo-Tooie.

Also, I thought it would make this album super legit if Rare's Grant Kirkhope, the musician for the Banjo-Kazooie series and friend of OCR, were to take part in this project. He was on Overclocked After Dark a while ago, so he can't be THAT hard to recruit.

Like I've said in two posts and to some people, our release date is really, really, REALLY tentative. It's entirely dependent on how fast and how many other people join ours.

If people want us to get released faster, then we need more people to join ASAP. Otherwise we'll probably be a long while since we're getting new people so...very...slowly.

And I can't apply for official status until we have WIPs which I WILL NOT start taking until every track that needs remixing has a remixer, which obviously is going to take some time.

@Nonamer: Ooh I was not aware he was even on here! I'll send him a PM, it would be cool if he decided to take part =3.

I was already made aware of it a while ago, I just couldn't say anything.

But since now it's public knowledge, guess I can? XD.

Our projects are different so we're still good. Theirs exclusively focuses on the first game (which is why I was adamantly opposed to the suggestion that this project only be about the first game) while ours is more about the series as a whole.

Also theirs is almost completely done IIRC. And our release date isn't final either, it's just there for the sake of being there. Our release date is determined by how many people join and how quickly they join.

Cool, that being the case, I'd like to claim Hail Fire Peaks. Do you want me to send you a PM?

@chroxic: Perhaps, lol. Maybe we should have a variety of images to promote the project?

@Cash and Change: AWESOME, I was waiting for someone to claim that, XDD. You don't have to PM me, though if you wanted to tell me what you were thinking of doing with it, then I'd prefer hearing it over PM, lol.

Were you only going to claim one or both HFP tracks?

@Cash and Change: AWESOME, I was waiting for someone to claim that, XDD. You don't have to PM me, though if you wanted to tell me what you were thinking of doing with it, then I'd prefer hearing it over PM, lol.

Were you only going to claim one or both HFP tracks?

I was thinking I'd do both. I don't know what I'd do with it yet, I'm PM you when I do.

Update: With the addition of two more contributors, we officially now have 16 unclaimed tracks. Will be 15 as soon as I know which song Salluz wants.

Slowly but surely getting there. I found a few remixes on Newgrounds that I thought would be awesome to get on here but I haven't heard back from those remixers =/.

Also as a note, because it just happened and I feel horrible now, the songs I found on Newgrounds that I'm attempting to include on this album as soon as I hear from the remixers are for:

- Jolly Roger's Lagoon

- Mad Monster Mansion

- Gruntilda's Lair

I've already heard back from the JRL remixer, but I just wanted to give a heads up in case anyone else was planning to claim the other two tracks. I don't want people claiming the same track and then not being able to give it to them because I'd already heard back from a different person >_<.

• 2 weeks later...

@Chroxic: Woo! Awesome! I've already recruited AstrothSounds for his JRL remix (he has it on his YT channel, it's really, really gorgeous), so if you can find other people that'd be awesome =D.

I've been thinking of making a trailer of sorts to put on YT, but I'd need WIPs for that, so that'll come later probably.

*fistbumps*

@Everyone else: An extremely awesome Mayahem Temple remix I found on Newgrounds (that also fits the theme of making one imagine the levels through the re-imagined music) has joined the album.

Still a lot of songs left to go before I can apply us for official status...

Also there's another song on Newgrounds that I REALLY wish we could have on the album, but I haven't heard from the remixer and considering I messaged him on January 16th, I feel like I probably won't. BUT, what he did with it is sort of a huge example of what I was talking about with the common song theme so, maybe it'll make more sense now?

Edited by Kirvee

I massively edited the first post.

Cody recommended it, so I did it, lol. Mostly just to the way tracks and contributors were listed.

It should be easier to read now, I think. And looks a lot smaller now than before.

The order is still fundamentally the same, I've just organized them into discs for easier viewing.

I also added the other two Tooie levels to the bonus optional list.

Also made a list of songs I've thought of that would make sweet bonuses if someone wanted to do them.

Contributors are now listed next to the tracks they claimed and I've moved additional songs from other levels to be under their respective levels, though they're still considered optional for use.

Let me know what everyone thinks?

Zircon worded it a lot better than me: "Your vision is to have the remixes stick to the mood or 'feel' of the source tune, even if they change the musical style/genre, so if it's a dark, spooky track, you would want the remix to be dark and spooky, though people could accomplish that with orchestral, metal, electronic..."

Yup, I was hoping this was what you meant. :] As for the layout of the first post, it looks MUCH better. Good job.

This semester has been nuts. As a result, I have not gotten around to spread the word about this yet. However, I will have some time this weekend to get caught up on that stuff. In addition, the next meetings for the two video game clubs I'm involved in at my university are tomorrow and I'll definitely mention this to them.

I can probably squeeze a quick plug into VGM Scramble as well. :)!!