OCR00456 - Super Mario World 2 & 1, Super Mario Bros. 1 & 3 "What the Funk?"

Ginnsu

Super Mario World 2 & 1, Super Mario Bros. 1 & 3 'What the Funk?'

This is totally awesome. A good paced mix with a couple of transitions to different tunes from Mario Bros. games. But it doesn't stop there, its vocal samples of Mario himself. And what do you know, Mario snores, who’d of thought? Great work LousySpy, keep it up.

• 3 weeks later...

(originally posted Nov. 29, 2001 02:04 AM)

========================

What the funk! (Super Mario All-Stars)

========================

by LousySpy. You may remember him from such remixes as Final Fantasy VII's "Forested Temple" and Tecmo Bowl's "You Better Pick the Bears."

For a VERY long time, I wanted to hear new versions of the Starman theme. When Super Mario World came out, my jaw dropped when I heard the Starman theme, but when Yoshi's Island dropped it was the best version ever (still is).

LousySpy gets 10 slices on this one (F.Y.I., 10 slices is a perfect score).

He keeps the song from getting monotonous (if that's even possible) by inserting two snippets from SMB and one from SMW (@ 0:59, 1:43, and 2:05 respectively). The Mario soundbytes from SM64 creates a "skit," but doesn't feel forced or take away from the song at any point in the song.

My favorite part has to be the return to the Starman theme after Mario is awoken by a fireball (that's an official explaination from LousySpy himself...I just wish I remember where I read that). 10 slices for LousySpy. Unnotlistentoable.

Folks, these opinions are just that. I ain't a remixer. I'm a listener. But if you've been a regular visitor to the message boards since July 10th of 2001, you already know that. Please, listen to this more than once before you make your own opinions. Listen to it through decent speakers. And keep comin' back.

Kudos to LousySpy.

Well done sir. Well done.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Great mix.

Although, just to know, which invincibility theme is this?

It sounds alot like the super mario theme from 'Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island'

you know, the one where baby mario gets the cape and can run on walls?

It's either that or the Flight Cap theme from 'Super Mario 64'. :D

Anyway, Great mix.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

If you listen, it has bits of songs from SMB1 (main theme & underworld), SMB3 (stage 1 theme), SMWorld (end of level), and the Starman theme, which encompasses all 5 games (SMB1, 2, 3, Lost Levels, World) and because of all these elements, I listed it under All-Stars. In truth, however, I referenced the SMW2 star theme while making it, so the only real SM64 elements in it are the voices.

I guess I'll have to listen to it again, because I never heard anything besides the starman part, and I havan't played Super Mario World 2 much so I didn't know it was in that game too.

Edit: I didn't listen to it again yet(I don't have it as an MP3 anymore, only on CD), but I now remember the little part with the underground song, but it was really short. I don't really consider things like that enough to make it an All-Stars remix, but oh well. It's still a good remix.

Edit2: I listened to it twice, but I still didn't hear the Super Mario Bros 3 part.

The beginning part is a little to repetetive for my tastes (when the chords on the wah-wah guitar do their thing on their own)

In fact...I think those guitars could do with being toned down a little.

The ending kicks ass though...The final clips followed by the SMW level complete...über schwa....

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is an awesome remix, and one of my favorites on the site. Mario music has always been my favorite, right up there with Zelda, Earthbound, and Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

Well, I know there are people on here with a better ear, so grab a USF plugin and take a listen to the soundtrack, easily found here.

Open up "Powerful Mario", which is the music from the flying hat. Now, I believe that this remix sounds an awful lot like that. But, both the remix and this game music sound like the star music from SMB.

So what's the verdict? DOWNLOAD THE REMIX, it's awesome! Sure, this remix might be from a bunch of Mario games, last generation and back a few as well. I say All-Stars would be the only logical place to put it, as All-Stars was a compliantion anyways.

• 2 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00456 - Super Mario World 2 & 1, Super Mario Bros. 1 & 3 "What the Funk?"