NEW OCR Shirt Designs! VOTE!

OceansAndrew

Will you buy the shirts?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy the shirts?

• I would buy the OverClocked university shirt.
    • I would buy the Instruments shirt.
    • I would buy both shirts.
    • I would buy neither shirt.

The original OCR shirt design is a time-honored classic that will remain a staple in just about everyone's wardrobe. But what about those times when you want to rep OCR, but would like to have a twist to it?

Here is your chance!

Here are two potential OCR designs that we are gauging interest on.

Please vote in the poll and let us know what you think, whether you like them, hate them, or are indifferent!

Other designs are welcome from the community as well, we're just gauging interest.

ocru.jpg

ocri.jpg

I said this in staff chat, but I'll throw this out there publicly as well:

The university design isn't my favorite, because even though it's tongue-in-cheek, most people wouldn't know that. I don't think it serves a practical purpose... Instead of spreading the word about OCR and what we do, it just winds up feeling like an in-joke. I'd rather wear something that actually promotes the community and feels 'inviting' to outsiders. Why would we want people to mistake OCR for some preppy college?

Anywho, another thought I wanted to throw out there... Maybe it would be cool to have a version with the original OCR logo on the front, and the instruments on the back? ^-^

The university design isn't my favorite, because even though it's tongue-in-cheek, most people wouldn't know that. I don't think it serves a practical purpose... Instead of spreading the word about OCR and what we do, it just winds up feeling like an in-joke. I'd rather wear something that actually promotes the community and feels 'inviting' to outsiders. Why would we want people to mistake OCR for some preppy college?

Anywho, another thought I wanted to throw out there... Maybe it would be cool to have a version with the original OCR logo on the front, and the instruments on the back? ^-^

In total agreement - I think the "OverClocked University" thing is bad fashion sense :( .

Tongue in cheek or not, I somehow felt unsure about the instruments shirt. As cool an idea as it is, it probably has too much detail going for the front, when I somehow feel any form of detail would most likely cover nearer the center of the shirt or top at best. I do however second the idea of having the instruments on the back of a shirt design, similar to what one might expect from a band's sellout tour shirt :)

I understand the concern, and it definitely might seem exclusive or preppy, but I don't think it could do any significant harm. Keep in mind that: 1) most people who buy these shirts are already involved with OCR and 2) It can still grab the attention of curious friends.

...Plus I need more white shirts...

Your idea of the logo on the front with the instruments on the back is brilliant!

Will the website be on both of these T-shirts in some way? It would defeat the purpose of promoting OCR without it...

I'm inclined to disagree. The phrase "Overclocked" doesn't exactly conjure images of preppiness.

The first one makes no sense to me at all. If I don't get the joke then anyone who doesn't know OCR will just get confused about what OCR is. Srsly if that was a mix I'd no override it, fo reel.

Second one is cool though.

I'm not sure that the second shirt conveys OCR's purpose either. Don't know about you, but I don't generally see a bunch of instruments on a person's shirt and immediately think, "Oh, remixing video game music, and by remixing it actually means rearranging."

I like the first shirt because it's a bit more aesthetically pleasing, and "Overclocked University" sounds awesome. If I saw someone wearing a shirt like that, (and didn't know what OCR was) I'd probably ask them about it.

I think both shirt designs are decent, but OU is my clear preference.

I love the idea to expand beyond the classic shirt design. I probably wouldn't buy either of these though. I agreed with Jill before I even made it down to her comment, though I will say the design is classy (no pun intended) and visually appealing. (I can't read the inscription below, but I gather from the length and spacing that it's the mission statement. If so, I like that touch, too.)

The Instruments shirt....I dunno. I have no design experience, but I instantly wanted them to be in a circle and not a square. I'm sure the designer put a lot of time into the layout and pic selection, but ultimately, to me, it has a feel of clip-art pasted in a grid somewhat arbitrarily. :|

Not sure how much of that to chalk up to taste...it looks like the response has been mostly positive.

Also, has the new shirt design movement been underway for a while, or is this the first time it's come up? With all the artistic talent in the community it seems natural to welcome anyone interested to suggest designs, but I haven't seen anything like that around here. Whatever the case, I'm glad to see more OC gear in the works, and I hope it brings in some much-deserved coinage.

I voted for both.

If some combination of resources (time, money, what have you) dictate that only one is feasible, I would prefer to get the Overclocked University one largely because it adds more diversity to the "shirt lineup" than the instrument shirt does. I did read Jill's comment -- I would suggest that in an environment where shirts like the ones below are fairly commonplace, the OCR version would fit in just fine. Admittedly, I will be living in a college campus environment for the majority of my life, so perhaps I'm just more accustomed to it. :P

anf_51710_05_prod1?$anfCategoryJPG$transylvaniauniversityt-shirt_1_106919_black-with-white-print_l.jpg