NEW OCR Shirt Designs! VOTE!

OceansAndrew

Will you buy the shirts?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy the shirts?

• I would buy the OverClocked university shirt.
    • I would buy the Instruments shirt.
    • I would buy both shirts.
    • I would buy neither shirt.

Imho, the 'University' trend caters more to gym-addicts and fashionistas rather than the actual OCR population/fanbase.

The 'Instruments' one is great, but slightly too busy atm. Sometimes, less is more. ;)

If you're ever open to suggestions, here's my 2 cents:

ocrteesmd.jpg

I like. On the instruments one, can you get rid of one of the controllers and add a mouse? Some of us play games using a mouse, and some of us write music with a mouse. That's one thing I liked about the original instrument shirt -- it included us mouse musicians. =)

Imho, the 'University' trend caters more to gym-addicts and fashionistas rather than the actual OCR population/fanbase.

The 'Instruments' one is great, but slightly too busy atm. Sometimes, less is more. ;)

If you're ever open to suggestions, here's my 2 cents:

http://kngi.org/djmokram/misc/da670591/ocrteesmd.jpg

Ok I want to change my vote to both of these.

Regarding the first shirt: Perhaps I'm reading too much into it, but since many find OCR to be elitist, the shirt falsely comes off as a self-fulfilling prophecy. Now, I don't care if people call the site elitist since most of the time it is unjustified. It's more the blind "I told you so" mentality they would have and satisfaction they would feel. What do y'all think?

EDIT: I do like the idea of replacing one of the controllers with a mouse in the second shirt since I primarily make music with a mouse and am a PC gamer. :)

If you made something more discrete, like something with a small logo on top left and nothing in the back, I think I'd buy it. If you made a polo shirt, then I would definitely buy it.

Those two designs are not very appealing to me.

I agree with this.

bah, was looking through the posts to try to find a clear explanation of the joke. gave up after 5 pages of debates =(

everything's been restated a bunch but here's some of my thoughts (hopefully some new):

-both seem cool, but could the OU be changed to ORU ("Overclocked Remix University").

i think the "remix" would actually make people stop us and say "yo, that school looks like it's fracking awesome, where do i sign up" instead of saying "meh, another parody college shirt."

-if the "both" vote wins are we still going to get both or drop the OU design since it seems so controversial. :<

-will these eventually become hoodie designs as well? both would look nice, but you can't say college without a hoodie.

-will OCR ever switch to/ add on another clothing vendor (besides estarland)?

videogame-wise i can see why it's good, but female designs are better with some other indie print sites. just a suggestion cause i don't know all the current benefits with ES.

-when is there going to be a DJP and/or Oji stylized Shepard Fairey "REMIX" shirt/hoodie design? i'm serious.

ninja EDIT: are additional designs on the way? seems like a lot of good ideas

If i had to choose between the two, i'd pick the instruments. Seriously, guys, this is an image that people see on youtube. It actually makes that connection. If I were to walk around with that shirt on, people might recognize and make the connection.

The university logo doesn't relate to anything we do, nor does it project an image that people would remember. That being said, I *hate* the blocky design of the instruments logo. Yes, it's recognizable, yes, it's something we've used before, but GOD. it's UGLY.