NEW OCR Shirt Designs! VOTE!

OceansAndrew

Will you buy the shirts?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy the shirts?

• I would buy the OverClocked university shirt.
    • I would buy the Instruments shirt.
    • I would buy both shirts.
    • I would buy neither shirt.

I could see the Overclocked University shirt actually prompting people to ask "What the hell is Overclocked University?" rather than just blindly accept it as some kind of preppy college. To be honest, I've never experienced a college that was "overclocked" or "cool" or "hip" or had any arrangement of those words in its name. So it's definitely something I think would turn a few heads and get people to ask.

As for the instruments shirt, it is great too. Very nice.

Are these shirts in addition to the regular OCR Black shirt? Cause it's a classic. :|

Maybe you should focus on getting more shirts and sizes in addition to designing additional shirts. :-x

And also release that damned site update that was supposed to be out in 2011 and for many years before 2011 :-D

I see a robot building team at a university. That's the second result. We're the first result. I'm sorry, but I don't see the problem. If anything, the fact that there is no real Overclocked University is a good thing -- no one to confuse us with. And again, we are the first result. I know you are concerned that people won't know what the site is based on the search terms, but I don't think that'll be a problem when those same search terms lead them directly to the site.

Agreed. One of the most reasonable forums period.

We're the first because of this thread. I don't believe people would click on "shirt design contest" when they search for a university.

@DJP: WHERE ARE THE MEDIUM SHIRTS

I've never been fond of fake university shirts and I like Jill's idea.

As for shirts for us gals, I highly recommend this (NSFW) shirt by American Apparel. Various t-shirt sites like Design By Humans often use this particular one. I'm very picky when it comes to how shirts fit and this is the best one I've worn.

Agreed, these are so cute. I have a lot of woot shirts, that my guess are probably a lot like the current OCR shirts in fit and fabric, I love some of their designs but not of how they feel or fit... Those longer, more fitted shirt you're posting are just my cup of tea though! :)

Agreed, these are so cute. I have a lot of woot shirts, that my guess are probably a lot like the current OCR shirts in fit and fabric, I love some of their designs but not of how they feel or fit... Those longer, more fitted shirt you're posting are just my cup of tea though! :)

Actually, it's the shirt that Woot uses I'm referring to. Here are DBH shirts using it. The primary shirt that DBH uses is okay, but is pretty thin.

Actually, it's the shirt that Woot uses I'm referring to. Here are DBH shirts using it. The primary shirt that DBH uses is okay, but is pretty thin.

Hmmm, well I guess they don't look like the woot shirts. The ones I have are too short IMO, so those girls in those pics must be pretty petite, because they don't stretch that long for me, possibly a bust issue maybe? :<

I know there was a lot of talk about how the shirts should promote the site, but honestly, the only thing I'm concerned about in a shirt is whether I like it, and I think most people buy merch just for themselves. For instance, I own an Achewood shirt that has absolutely no indication it has to do with the comic, but I love the design. But because it's an interesting design, many people have asked me what it's from, and I'm happy to tell them what it is. I guess sometimes an interesting-looking shirt can spark discussion with the wearer about the thing it's about (which is promotion), but I can't say I've ever seen a shirt out in public where I went home and googled the thing written on the shirt. I guess all I mean to say is good design creates its own promotion.

The instrument shirt gave me the idea for another shirt, though maybe this is too blunt. You'll have to picture it:

[Picture of guitar and keyboard] + [picture of controller]

=

OVERCLOCKED REMIX