Komplete 8 and Guitar Rig 5.0

At some point, like all of us, I want to upgrade to Komplete 8 (or 9 or 10 or whatever it is by the time I can get to it), but the addition of new processor effects, like the compressors and transient designer, using Guitar Rig 5.0 to do bothers me.

I have Guitar Rig 4.0 right now and if I put that on a master, it totally colors the mix. Also, my computer has NEVER worked well with Guitar Rig - flat out refusing to do things like pan, cut out other effects on the same fx channel.

How does Guitar Rig 5.0 work as a processor for mixing/mastering stuff like that? Does it color the effects channel like 4.0 does?

No it was still the master, I just loaded one Zebra patch to test it. I thought that was the point of Guitar Rig 5.0 being host to these new Komplete 8 effects.

I don't really care about the compressors, I just want to be able to try that transient designer in the mix. I think thats something my mixes are desperately needing.

No it was still the master, I just loaded one Zebra patch to test it. I thought that was the point of Guitar Rig 5.0 being host to these new Komplete 8 effects.

I don't really care about the compressors, I just want to be able to try that transient designer in the mix. I think thats something my mixes are desperately needing.

I use Guitar Rig for guitars. :) It is more of an effects host though, now. That's what they're pushing for, I think. Which makes sense, to keep everything they release under one VST.

I use Guitar Rig for guitars. :) It is more of an effects host though, now. That's what they're pushing for, I think. Which makes sense, to keep everything they release under one VST.

I do agree that Guitar Rig pushes effects. However, it does straight foward tones really well, the problem is because of the interface, its easy to overthink and overlook it. I do think that Guitar Rig 4 really is the last critical update though, (allowing for rammfire), and although I love Guitar Rig 3, I definitely believe having more than one guitar processing software is important. I would probably buy Waves GTR3, not sure though, I've only used Guitar Rig 3.

I do agree that Guitar Rig pushes effects. However, it does straight foward tones really well, the problem is because of the interface, its easy to overthink and overlook it. I do think that Guitar Rig 4 really is the last critical update though, (allowing for rammfire), and although I love Guitar Rig 3, I definitely believe having more than one guitar processing software is important. I would probably buy Waves GTR3, not sure though, I've only used Guitar Rig 3.

Rammfire sucks compared to Van 51 and Hot Solo in Guitar Rig 5. :)

Would you say that the tones, the interface, more eclectic results, or just the experience all around?

Guitar Rig 5 Pro is better because it has control room pro which gives you just a ton more options for shaping tone. As for vs. Rammfire I think Rammfire sounds nice and bright for insanely high gain but utterly fails if you try and turn the bass up just a teeny bit to add substance. I've found that separate distortion units (sometimes both inside and outside of guitar rig) then going through van 51 (and then control room pro) with slight gain and double tracked gets me a nice beefy, chunky but slicy sound without all the extra "sakijfoehsjrfovisjeroivb" distortion on top of it.

Guitar Rig 5 Pro is better because it has control room pro which gives you just a ton more options for shaping tone. As for vs. Rammfire I think Rammfire sounds nice and bright for insanely high gain but utterly fails if you try and turn the bass up just a teeny bit to add substance. I've found that separate distortion units (sometimes both inside and outside of guitar rig) then going through van 51 (and then control room pro) with slight gain and double tracked gets me a nice beefy, chunky but slicy sound without all the extra "sakijfoehsjrfovisjeroivb" distortion on top of it.

Coming from Guitar Rig 4, is it worth upgrading to 5 Pro?