Mario Kart 7 - OCR Community Created! Come join us!

Arek the Absolute

Welcome to the Mario Kart 7 thread. A new installment to the Mario Kart series has been released, so it is time again for us to get together online and battle it out!

With this new installment comes a new game mode, communities. What exactly are communities? Mario Kart 7's official websites description:

"Worldwide online* Communities, appearing for the first time in Mario Kart 7, bring players together like never before. Join a Community to play whenever you like with groups without having to add them to your friend list - or create your own Community and and have racers play by your rules."

Communities:

100 cc All Items:

04-2477-2285-1694

Along with this game comes something important to this site. Ever since Wifi connection games came out a few of years back, a group called ClanOCR was made. It was a group of ocremix forum goers who gathered together to schedule times and play various Wifi games on the DS and Wii. The group rallied a massive amount of forum members and really gave off a great community feel. With the release of Mario Kart 7, it is time to revive it and show that OCRemix still has the great community connection that it had years ago.

So, come join us on IRC at #OCRemix *temporary channel* on the EsperNet Server! Together, we can make sharing Mario Kart 7 together a great experience!

I've three-starred every 50cc cup and the first 100cc cup. Either I'm really good or Nintendo tweaked the ranking system a little so you no longer have to drive perfectly and never get hit by anything ever to score a three-star ranking.

i'm pretty sure that's the way its always been for 50 and 100cc

@Bleck: No Waluigi, but Waluigi Pinball. And who you pick doesn't really matter anymore.

@Hylian Lemon: Those 4 Wii tracks are the good ones, tho. I'm happy for their inclusion.

@Derrit: The DS game seemed a lot harsher, since in that one I really only got A and B rank.

Also, I'm not sure which is harsher: the AI who always targets you, or the online racers who always target you, and somehow always have starmen. One jerk STOLE IT FROM ME when I got lucky 7.

Neo Bowser City feels like Yoshi Circuit from Double Dash; lots of crazy turns over cliffs. Love it along with Wario Shipyard and the new Rainbow Road.

From the older tracks, I've gotta say they picked a bunch of winners in my opinion. Kalamari Desert and Koopa Beach where some classics to me, and I love Airship Fortress and of course SNES Rainbow Road.

The new SNES Rainbow Road feature where you get a speed boost if you're near a thwomp when it crashes down is sorta neat.

Anyone try first-person mode yet? Press up on the directional pad to try it out.

I tried it and I like it but I wished that they also allowed you to use the gyroscope in third person mode like you can already do on MarioKart Wii.

I've three-starred every 50cc cup and the first 100cc cup. Either I'm really good or Nintendo tweaked the ranking system a little so you no longer have to drive perfectly and never get hit by anything ever to score a three-star ranking.

It's like that in the Wii version too but in the Wii version it requires alittle more work to get the 3 star rank and it's not always easy either, but one thing I really hate is the blue shell in MarioKart 7, however, if you're not in the shell's way if you're in 3rd or whatever other place while it targets the first, then you won't get hurt but it's almost impossible to escape either they made it much more meaner this time around so if you get blasted right at the canon it still hits you, it's very very hard to avoid this time around.