On the Breath of the Wind - Wind Waker Project - Breaking News: SkyRiderX Co-Director!!!!

Swifthom

As far as the idea for the Title Track goes, my initial thought was something along the lines of this song,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky4wTMZ0AZM

at about 54 seconds when it comes in with all the drums and such. Bagpipes, choir, drums, electric guitar, bass, maybe some mandolin or a wind instrument. IDK about lyrics. :P

But if a more simple, folksy feel is desired, that would be cool, too.

I'd never heard of Skiltron before... That song is absolutely epic... Right up until the moment the singer comes in:wink:

Just a quick plug for the album guys. I've had a few tentative pokes from people who aren't quite willing to commit yet, and a few more from people who really want songs already taken.

Some songs that would help the album immensely if someone would take include Inside the Pirate Ship, Forsaken Fortress or any battle music (listed or otherwise). I want some badass guitars in this album somewhere :-)

As someone taken the Title Theme yet?

Well, people have talked about ideas for it, and collaborations have been mooted, but nothing yet as far as I know...

However, I deliberately put both 'Title Theme' and 'Ending Theme' on the track list as their quite similar songs and should give the album some nice simmitary. The more I think about it, several of the individual ideas i've heard mooted for this collab, sound like they might be very appropriate for 'Ending Theme'...

So if you want a shot at it, i'd love to hear what you have. Remix either song and i'll decide nearer the time which is appropriate to have at which point in the album.

------

A quick progress update - both my voice artists who agreed to do the narration for this album have confirmed they are free to record this weekend.

Any people dependent on some samples from me for their songs should let me know their exact specifications otherwise i'll just have to do several takes and you can have whats best suited.

One person has backed out of a song, one other person has shown interest. I've set up a private blog where we can discuss everything (including this potential collab) and you can find the narrated sections next week once i've done a preliminary edit.

Also, although I had a fun ten minutes throwing together the cover art on the first page, I'm not sure if its exactly what this album requires. Any artists interested in taking a shot at either that, or just art for the album at all, get in touch via PM or on here. :-)

Reminder for people who currently have tracks claimed - 1st WIP deadline 1st March, I expect a 30% WIP or at least a concept piece so I can see what your aiming for.

Your playing is amazing btw.

Take the zelda's theme and find a harpist.

Ahh, thanks man! That is actually a really great suggestion, it would work fantastically and fit right in with the style of wind waker I think.

I'll keep an eye out if someone would want to collab on it =)

I'm a harpist! If you do want to collab, I can provide my harping skills. :)

I'm a harpist! If you do want to collab, I can provide my harping skills. :)

Haha, what coincidence...or fate. Well, if you want to contribute and make an acoustic cover of Zelda's Theme (since the title theme seems to be generating much interest from others) then we can make it happen.

I would add multi violin and viola parts, and some stuff from my sound library. I see you are on youtube also, if you wanted you could do a youtube collab with me, and we could film us recording the remix if you wanted, that way your channel would get some more views?

But yeah, let me know interest wise, (No offence if you say no!) and also the way in which you want to do this. If you want to make a backing track I can improv over it, or if you want to make a track before hand then that works also.

Chris

Sorry I havent been online to answer some of your messages this last week. Some surprises at work have resulted in me going on a placement for a few weeks, so i've been prepping to ship out.

Which means as of next week i've no access to my equipment, which is all staying at home. I'll have a laptop with my DAW on me but no midi keyboard and the RAM is appalling... Plus i'll be fairly busy...

So, sorry in advance, i'll be rubbish to contact for a few weeks. Keep up the good work though and i'll be back with plenty of time before any deadlines. If anyone does want to get in touch i'll try and get a responce, but it wont be immediate, sorry :(

We're still accepting several songs, see the first post. On a personal note if anyone has any ideas about something funky they could do something funky with the Forsaken Fortress song its something i'd love to hear.

Anyone interested? Anyone?

• 3 weeks later...

I've finally been able to sit down for a few minutes to get some work done on this. In the interval i've recieved a very, very nice WIP for Farewell Hyrule King from a very talented pianiast :lol:

Seriously, favourite song of the game, series, of any video game ever... A few years ago I put together a half hour a slideshow of photographs/videos of my college friends, so we could get together one last time before we all went to go our seperate ways, and I stuck that song on at the end.. There were tears in the crowd :roll:

1st March deadline for WIPs are looming. If you wont make it, thats fine, but please get in touch to tell me if you still want it. If I havent heard from you or seen at least some form of WIP i'll have to reopen the track to the general public.

Anyone who hasnt come forward to claim a song, please speak up now. I'm practically GIVING them away :lol:

Cheers for your interest, both of you.

Mangaman - I'd love to have more vocalists, but I'm terrible at writing lyrics, otherwise I would have taken Orangedragon up on his offer. I'll keep you in mind though if something comes up - I'm trying to work out an idea (potentially....)

Pixelpanic - I had put WIP deadline as the 1st of March for everyone who'se already claimed a song. Thats just so I know that they actually are capable and interested in turning a song out. We are getting fairly close to that date though so there's a little leeway :) Once I've heard a satisfactory WIP the track is guaranteed yours, but i'll put you down as interested.

Looking forward to hearing it

Mangaman - I'd love to have more vocalists, but I'm terrible at writing lyrics, otherwise I would have taken Orangedragon up on his offer. I'll keep you in mind though if something comes up - I'm trying to work out an idea (potentially....)

I can write lyrics! I've had to write my own lyrics for the longest time. Sure most of the material was a little silly but I can do serious lyrics. Just name me a song from Wind Waker and I'll come up with some lyrics, no problem. In fact, I could easily write lyrics for "The Legendary Hero" Song.

Edited by MangaMan

Mangaman: Well someone's already claimed that song :P

If your prepared to write the lyrics, i may potentially be able to put down a live drum track...

Let me have a think, i'll get back to you ASAP with some suggestions. I'd like 'another' vocal piece on the collection (SPOILERS :lol:)

SkyriderX: Go ahead, i'll put your interest on the front post

Mangaman: Well someone's already claimed that song :P

If your prepared to write the lyrics, i may potentially be able to put down a live drum track...

Let me have a think, i'll get back to you ASAP with some suggestions. I'd like 'another' vocal piece on the collection (SPOILERS :lol:)

Will do. A drum track will be nice and I know we have someone who can play the harp and a violin player. Once I get the lyrics written, I'll see if I can't contact those people to possibly help me out.

Also can't wait for this "other" vocal piece. Keep me updated.

Updates - 1st of March is looming people - I'm looking forward to some more awesome music soon

Had a few developments recently, which I like.

One of the keenest of which however is a request; GRANDMA'S THEME!

Yeah, such a simple, adorable, tune, there's nothing to it. Does anyone dare take the challenge? Go on, surprise me.

And if that doesn't take your pick there are still other songs available, see the first post

Well, i've missed the 1st of March, but my inbox has been filling up.

Could everyone get in touch and let me know how its going - i need either a WIP from everyone or a solid commitment that you are working on it, otherwise i'll have to re open some of the songs up :sad:.