On the Breath of the Wind - Wind Waker Project - Breaking News: SkyRiderX Co-Director!!!!

Swifthom

• 2 weeks later...

Just to let people know, although I've been in absentia recently, i've nearly finished moving house and once I get the internet sorted in the new place, I will be collecting together second WIPs.

Looking forward to hearing from you all :)

Tom

• 4 weeks later...

Pokemonstein has done wonders with a piece of artwork that hopefully i'll be showing off soon. Thanks very much :mrgreen:

Also the song i'm working on with Mangaman and John is slowly, slowly taking shape.

Anyone with us over at KNGI, please pop down there and check in. I've put some of my more recent work up and I need to know how the tracks are coming along. The due date for second WIPS is July, and that's rushing by fairly fast.

Don't make me come looking for you :evil:

Only joking 8) I've been away from the PC for a number of reasons, so I havent had a chance to manage you as closely as I should, but i'm hoping to be back full time very shortly. Sorry about that, my fault. :???: Lets get this album rolling again.

And if ANYONE out there is still interested there are still some mixes that would be awesome:

1) Dragon Roost Island

2) Any Battle theme

3) GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNDMAAAAAAAAA! :-D

Anything you like :grin:

• 1 month later...

A few people are working on tracks but aren't ready to send me updates yet.

So, to ensure we're all on the same schedule, here's my plan.

I want near complete tracks by October 15th. This wont be 'final' WIPs but I would like a complete song with a start, middle and end. Hopefully then we'll have until the end of the year to make final adjustments.

If anyone else wants to volunteer for tracks, i'm still open.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just received your mix and enjoyed it thoroughly.

Hello everyone, the dreaded October 15th has now passed. I've chased a couple of you, not everyone, for status updates. Glad to say we're still moving forwards, slowly.

Could I ask all artists to put their latest progress on our KNGI forums? Additionally I think everyone who'se shared work on there (I know I would) appreciate feedback and constructive criticism, point out where we're making mistakes and what we need to change. Or, alternatively, big us up a little :razz:

http://kngi.org/phpbb3/

I finally have a stable internet connection now so my full attention is back on to this project. I'm not going to set a deadline for finished WIPs yet but I'd like everyone who sees this to check in with me and let me know where you are.

If you don't I may come looking :razz:

EDIT: additionally.

Anyone who wants to do a track but is busy, i'm patient.

Every WIP I've heard so far and passed I've developed an attachment to.

At least one person has asked if they should drop out and although, if you think you ought to, I can't stop you, remember I am prepared to wait and I'd be sad to loose what you've been working on so hard so far.

Edited by Swifthom

• 2 weeks later...

It's open.

Send me an audition piece but i'll put the track down as yours.

Sadly Pokemonstein is indicating he might not be able to do the Legendary Hero.

If anyone is up for taking on this track, i'd love for it to be taken, although i'm hoping his workload will free up sometime soon. Of all the tracks with a question mark over their head, that's the most important.

Current status:

Latest Update: 15/10/2012

Confirmed songs (passed 1st WIP):

1. Inside the Pirate Ship -

- Pixelpanic

2. Ocean -

- Tuberz McGee

3. Maritime Battle -

- TheGuitahHeroe

4. Forest Haven -

- SkyriderX

5. Molgera -

- HoboKa

6. Hyrule Castle -

- Amphibious

7. Farewell Hyrule King -

- MeMark2

+ orchestrated vocal sections from Thomas Swift: "These Accursed Oceans", "An Experiment in Controlled Madness" and "Fall of the Hyrule King

+ one or two surprises.

Edited by Swifthom

• 5 weeks later...

In order to ensure that we release in 2013, I'm setting next WIP date for January 20th 2013 (final draft) and final WIP date will be 1st May 2013.

Good luck people - if you can beat these dates do so :)

Edit: Also - the introduction song to the game ; 'The Legendary Hero' is currently available if anyone wants it.

If anyone is interested in taking up this song I'd love to hear from you.

Edited by Swifthom

In order to ensure that we release in 2013, I'm setting next WIP date for January 20th 2013 (final draft) and final WIP date will be 1st May 2013.

Good luck people - if you can beat these dates do so :)

Edit: Also - the introduction song to the game ; 'The Legendary Hero' is currently available if anyone wants it.

If anyone is interested in taking up this song I'd love to hear from you.

Can I take a crack at it? I'm confident I can have a completed track in a month or less.

edit: are you looking for specific styles or anything? I can't really tell from the OP.

Edited by Argle

• 1 month later...

Do you know what...

I want to gather all the WIPs we have at the moment and show a brief trailer with a few 'brief' clips of some songs and the album art at the same time. I'll start asking artists with WIPS ready if their happy with that.

And as delicious as the idea of having this ready for the new year sounds I doubt we'll be ready. Sorry :-P I completely understand your desire to show it off. If you really don't want to wait, go ahead.

I will say it is GORGEOUS.

Everyone: next WIP date is January 20th 2013

This is so I can put the trailer together for the end of Jan? Everyone happy with that?

GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNDMAAAAAAAAA!

So I hear you need grandma songs.

I am a rapper, and if it isn't clear to the forums by now, I will rap on anything people would like to have a rapper on. So here's my concept for Grandma's remix. What if it were like a parody of 2Pac's "Dear Mama" (

) but plus one generation? It could discuss Link getting into childhood trouble like breaking pots, harassing pigs, or knocking down Sturgeon's shelves, but Grandma still raised him right and gave him soup and stuff. Now he's finally hit it big and is giving her his private cabana in gratitude.... I could probably cobble at least one such verse together on that subject. Anyone want to collaborate on that project?

Alternatively, I could rap on another song if anyone needs it. Here are some samples of my work - poor audio quality, but I'm coming into better equipment soon; got a representative sample of different styles here:

http://soundcloud.com/mc-final-sigma/take-some-time-off-sample

http://soundcloud.com/mc-final-sigma/heros-rest-wip-sample-verse

http://soundcloud.com/mc-final-sigma/sms-sample-verse-for-ocremix

(wrote the lyrics, first rapper)