just what this world needs - more gerudo valley!

FM

I'd definitely suggest finishing up OoT before actually releasing any Majora's Mask material. It might be a good idea for you to get a head-start on MM if you're definitely planning on tackling it at some point in the future, so you have some content built up ahead of time, but I think it would be kind of crazy to try and manage updating both projects at the same time.

Also, weekly, consistent updates are best IMO. It gives people something to look forward to while still leaving enough space between releases that you don't burn yourself out. Just my two cents though.

Been loving the output of this project so far, I can't wait to see where else you go with some of the more ambient tracks later in the OST!

Been loving the output of this project so far, I can't wait to see where else you go with some of the more ambient tracks later in the OST!

Me too, one of the big surprises of this project is that it's all the forgotten tracks that are the most fun to work on. WIth the big names there's all this pressure, but with the dungeons and such you can just have fun. Plus dark ambient shit is pretty much where I live.

Huh, apparently Brevity is Wit (Kapora Gebora) and My Old Kakariko Home (the two I submitted and consider more or less complete) were both accepted, but I don't see Judge's threads. Pity, I would've liked to see their comments a great deal.

Judges threads for accepted songs appear after the song is posted. Congrats btw!

I agree with Emunator regarding the future of this project.

• 4 months later...

I've been underground but still working on the project! I've adopted a strategy of working a little bit at at time on every track at once, and I'm enjoying it.

Here is a "trailer" for the next nine tracks I will post, ETA: sometime. It has excerpts, but even in the excerpts not everything is finished. And I'm keeping the best stuff for later of course!

CLICK HERE!!!!

Oh and also I didn't master it or anything so it might be a little weird level wise. Maybe I'll fix it tomorrow

Tracks

1) epona's song

2) saria's song

3) lakeside laboratory

4) hyrule field

5) inside jabu jabu

6) ganondurf

7) kakariko village adult link

8) temple of time

9) prelude of light

Edited by FM

(the solo piano song is very confusing :-P, but I guess that's the point with the Lost Woods and all). Hope to hear more from you "soon".

Yeah that's an actual player piano playing that! Being controlled by a laptop and then double tracked. Pretty neat stuff (for me anyway). I hope it'll make a little more sense in context if it didn't in the demo.

• 1 month later...

can you survive THE HORROR of this semi-rejected jabu jabu remix the EXTEREMELYU LONG AND PAINFUL VERSION??? if you do you can get a tshirt and tell your friends I DARE YOU NOT TO LISTEN TO THIS (that is reverse psychology)

http://zazmusic.bandcamp.com/track/wip-welcome-to-hell-bonus-track-jabu-jabu-long-version-only-for-people-who-hate-themselves

semi rejected version of kabu jabu (he is sad and pathetic creature__)!! because I hate this level and this tune I went to a lot of trouble to create an experience that would be unpleasant for EVERYONE and then realized too late that that was probably really stupid

I have no idea how you came up with that Lost Woods arrangement lol, it's so weird and has so many cool key modulations. It has many cool moments but I'm not sure I'd listen to it on a regular basis :-P I'd change the intro though, make it start "sane" and then slowly turn into the crazy thing it's now.

The Temple of Time mix is very pretty. The things that appear at 1:11 are beautiful, feels like a movie. The arrangement is maybe a bit liberal but I wouldn't change a thing in it anyway.

Pale Blue "Fure" is interesting. It keeps the feeling of the original nicely. The part with the flutes at 1:31 is a bit too loud...

Nice job with the organ. I really like the organ sound.

Just bought it, some solid stuff and great work there. That said, the whole presentation and wip stuff kills the vibe. Still, happy to grab it.

Thanks, maybe this wasn't clear but this is still an incomplete project, so if you're looking for polish you'll want to hold off for a while :) (but please stay tuned!)

Edited by FM

I have no idea how you came up with that Lost Woods arrangement lol, it's so weird and has so many cool key modulations. It has many cool moments but I'm not sure I'd listen to it on a regular basis :-P I'd change the intro though, make it start "sane" and then slowly turn into the crazy thing it's now.

The Temple of Time mix is very pretty. The things that appear at 1:11 are beautiful, feels like a movie. The arrangement is maybe a bit liberal but I wouldn't change a thing in it anyway.

Pale Blue "Fure" is interesting. It keeps the feeling of the original nicely. The part with the flutes at 1:31 is a bit too loud...

Nice job with the organ. I really like the organ sound.

Dude you're always the first to pop up with feedback and I really appreciate that! Thanks again, its good stuff as always.