BadAss: Boss Themes: Volume II - History

The Joker

I once expressed interest in the boss theme from NieR, called "Gods Bound By Rules", but didn't think I'd be able to do it justice or make it better than the original... best of luck, Moomba. :razz:

I was originally going to try and do Emil/Karma or the track to the extremely spoilerish boss battle towards the end... But Emil/Karma is too awesome as it is (and the trance remixes on the arrange album really preclude any of the things I would want to do with it) and the latter is somewhat majorly spoilerish :3

Shadowlord is awesome too... but I get ideas just from listening to it... you could almost say it's arranging itself! :o

NieR has a fantastic soundtrack :D

I must admit, I haven't played Nier, but that soundtrack is just friggin beautiful & awesome. Got it based on a few youtube videos, & was pleasantly surprised on the whole thing. I just realized how much pressure you got Moomba! So much pressure, but that makes diamonds! Sharp, cutting diamands. For knife fights.

Is it too late to sign up? If it is, I'll go for Volume 3, but if you're open to extra tracks, I'd love to do Fawful's Theme from M&L3, or Cackletta's theme from the first game. I also have a great idea for Spat's Theme, from Hamtaro: Ham-Ham Heartbreak (He's still a villain... right?). Or better than any of the above, I want to remix Team Rocket's Motto, from the Pokémon TV Series. But since that's from the show, maybe it wouldn't be fit for OCR.

Or if you're open to new ReMixers but not new tracks, I'd love to take a crack at a Bowser theme, like suggested in the first post. Maybe even a medley.

Edited by pokemoneinstein

For my love of boss music, I gotta come in here and make a suggestion... Orochi battle song from Okami:

Can't listen to that song and not get goosebumps of badassery.

Btw, the Great Mighty Poo song. Awesome. I'm ashamed to admit I know the words to it....

I desparately want on this compilation, I've been meaning to do something with the Ocremix community for a long time and missed entry for the last Badass compilation, I've got a remix of Gangplank Galleon which has been getting some decent respect over from the Soundcloud community, you can peep it right hurr

http://soundcloud.com/tha-green-raver/too-krool-for-school

I can convert it to any format constraints necessary, like I said I desparately want to be on this album so let me know what you think!!!

-Green Raver

I desparately want on this compilation, I've been meaning to do something with the Ocremix community for a long time and missed entry for the last Badass compilation, I've got a remix of Gangplank Galleon which has been getting some decent respect over from the Soundcloud community, you can peep it right hurr

http://soundcloud.com/tha-green-raver/too-krool-for-school

I can convert it to any format constraints necessary, like I said I desparately want to be on this album so let me know what you think!!!

-Green Raver

We're always open to new blood on the project, but the mix you have isn't what we - or OCR in general - is looking for. It feels way too much like background music. Ambient is not the style to go for here at OCR, it really needs to be something you can listen to as a standalone track that will get your blood pumping. Check the first page for the different genres we're going for: the mix has to be BadAss. If you truly want to be on the album and are willing and able to shift genres send me a PM

Edited by pu_freak

Okay in regards to what you guys said I remixed a Robotnik track from Sonic 2 and tried to give it a little more magic, you can check it out at

(link removed upon request)

let me know if that's a little more what you guys are looking for

Edited by siditious