*NO* Animal Crossing '2 Long Years Now'

DragonAvenger

Contact Information

· Your ReMixer name: ForeverOdin

· Your real name: Owen Henson

· Your email address: odin_at_valhalla@msn.com

Submission Information

· Name of game(s) arranged: Animal Crossing (GC)

· Name of arrangement: 2 Long Years Now

· Name of individual song(s) arranged: Two Days Ago

· My Comments: Hello OCRemix! This is my second time submitting (first time was an Orange Ocean remix from Kirby that was definitely not up to par) and ever since my last attempt, I’ve been working very hard on improving my composition skills and production quality. So, I’m pleased to bring you something that I think is A LOT better than my last try (though we’ll see if it stands the test).

· This was one of my favorite songs off the original AC, mostly for the melody. Now, although it has more typical song-like quality to it (rather than K.K. <Insert Genre Here>) the title leaves some open interpretation. I always pretended like it was from the point of view of someone who got broken up with “Two Days Ago,” but was trying to stay strong. Well, this is a further look at that: it’s more atmospheric and hazy to represent the idea that it’s been “2 Long Years,” and thus a distant memory. Set in Chill/Downtempo to give it a more full, thought out sound, as if time has passed allowing more thinking over the years.In a general sense, that's more or less what inspired this piece. Anyway, can't wait to hear what you (folks) think!

------------------

(

- Better source link)

As a shameless fan of not just Animal Crossing, but also the soundtrack (haters gonna hate) I'm definitely familiar with this soundtrack and was very excited to see a remix of this particular theme, which has always held a really special place in my heart. However, I hate to say it but I can barely hear the original in your mix at all :-( What it boils down to is a few sparsely-used melodic riffs, and then some of the chords/riffs from the original slowed down to around half-time and used throughout the song. None of it jumps out at me and screams "Animal Crossing" unfortunately.

I really appreciate the time you put into crafting a unique and personalized concept for your song, that wasn't lost on me at all, but I'm not hearing enough source or enough development here to pass OCR's bar.

NO

thirding the arrangement concerns. perhaps a breakdown is in order? I can't say the source was impossible to place; those bells at the very beginning were taken from the source, and I'm hearing some other nuances throughout the track, but it definitely seems far too liberal for our standards, if not wholly original for a good portion of the track.

in terms of production, there's some nice, lush sounds in this track, but the mix was a bit flat, and sparse. the drums didn't have much punch, and the lows and highs were both really reserved.

anyway, enjoyed the track, and it has some nice moments to float away to, but ultimately this isn't quite what we're looking for in terms of arrangement. hoping to hear some more submissions from you as you improve your craft. :)

NO