A few technical issues regarding ASIO + FL

Chiwalker

Hey errbady,

Since I've migrated to my new computer with Behringer UCA 200 usb interface soundcard attached to my 2.1 system, I've noticed some changes in FL that never happened before.

First, FL will not play audio unless the actual DAW window is open, so if I click to check internet for some reason it will stop playing.

Second, whenever I put in headphones I will not be able to use ASIO drivers to get audio out of the headphones (it will bypass them and go straight to the usb soundcard) BUT if I select another directsound device, I will get the typical shitty 'primary sound' out of the headphones.

Is there a way to get ASIO out of headphones without unplugging my soundcard from the usb everytime?

Thanks.

Hey errbady,

Since I've migrated to my new computer with Behringer UCA 200 usb interface soundcard attached to my 2.1 system, I've noticed some changes in FL that never happened before.

First, FL will not play audio unless the actual DAW window is open, so if I click to check internet for some reason it will stop playing.

Second, whenever I put in headphones I will not be able to use ASIO drivers to get audio out of the headphones (it will bypass them and go straight to the usb soundcard) BUT if I select another directsound device, I will get the typical shitty 'primary sound' out of the headphones.

Is there a way to get ASIO out of headphones without unplugging my soundcard from the usb everytime?

Thanks.

Did you try plugging your headphones into your soundcard? X_X Of course the computer would bypass it... It's using the USB sound card, not the integrated.

Oh geez, looks like you have the same trouble I have when installing FL and ASIO on any PC. Seriously, there's nothing you can do but mess about with soundcard/driver settings and uninstall/reinstall ASIO a few times 'till it works.

I've found the solution to be different on each PC I've used, HP PCs are a NIGHTMARE, but that's probably the default driver control software that comes with it.

Perhaps someone has something more useful than this, but I'm just warning you.

Did you try plugging your headphones into your soundcard? X_X Of course the computer would bypass it... It's using the USB sound card, not the integrated.

The poor little thing only has 2 RCA ins/2 RCA outs so I'm really just considering either getting a better interface or getting a 2 rca channel -> stereo 1/8 inch converter cable (if such a thing exists.)

|

|

V

http://www.ramelectronics.net/audio-video/adapters/rca-to-1-8-3-5mm-adapters/35-558/prod35558.html

Your sound card doesn't have a headphone monitor.

That

just

what

Yeah, I'd get the converter. No point getting a new box. O,r it depends on how much you got this thing for. Maybe you could sell it and get an Onyx BlackJack or something. Don't get an M-Audio CrapTrack. Those aren't built to last. Feels like hollow, thin plastic. :/

The thing about trying to use the headphone port on your PC: you can't, because FL only ever uses one sound card/driver at a time (I thought all DAW's did that, I could be wrong)

Your sound card doesn't have a headphone monitor.

That

just

what

Yeah, I'd get the converter. No point getting a new box. O,r it depends on how much you got this thing for. Maybe you could sell it and get an Onyx BlackJack or something. Don't get an M-Audio CrapTrack. Those aren't built to last. Feels like hollow, thin plastic. :/

The thing about trying to use the headphone port on your PC: you can't, because FL only ever uses one sound card/driver at a time (I thought all DAW's did that, I could be wrong)

My audio interface was free with my midi keyboard - retail is probably less than $30...but I don't need to record external instruments/vox so I don't see the need for a better one (although I've heard good tings bout the onyx and NI komplete audio interface)

Is that headphones, or headset?

ASIO doesn't like my headset's microphone (I have a Logitech USB headset) but when I disable the mic in Asio, the speakers work just fine.

Hope this helps :)