OCR02345 - Mega Turrican "Turrimann"

djpretzel

Fantastic. It's great to see another enjoyable Genesis soundtrack get some love. The lead work is beautiful and tight. It carries the arrangement on nicely. A really nice balance between the synths and guitars is achieved here. The build to then end is gradual and well done. It feels so short....but that is really down to me just enjoying it so much. In terms of production, its sounds so clean, clear and crisp. An all round enjoyable and polished track. No complaints from me, Rock 'n Roll 80's style :)

A 100% French collab... that isn't with CHM. :razz: But a french bassist is always cool too.

So in regards to a level 3 tribute you managed to hit the mark off really well with the Golden Axe cameo in the beginning before going straight towards the source tune at hand, making sure to reference it in a very appropriate structure. With some well polished guitar solos and synth solos that could almost be mistaken as an acknowledgement of Van Halen's 80s material, I can easily see your driving passion towards the source through and through, and with it being a level 3 month for that DoD you've managed to hit the theme square on the head. Amusingly awesome.

Having witnessed some of Scaredsim's work over the past year, I've come to acknowledge that his production skills have been receiving a considerable boost too, most notably with the cleanness of the more synthetic instruments. Sure, that loud snare might throw some people off, but I think we can't imagine his style without it - it's raw 80s power!

Again, glad to see this got posted on the site after a very tenacious DoD back then! Surely this will mark the start of some Scaredsim goodness for 2012? We shall see :D

My favorite part has got to be that synth intro around 0:20 - very nice. Great, rockin' track from a game that I always wanted to play and never got around to - it's always wonderful to be able to get into a game that you've never touched through its music. And the Golden Axe part just made it all the better. Looking forward to your next piece!

Oh, man that intro is so awesome! Way to give it that 80's and classic rock sound that I love so much. The synth break was really well done and the pure raw energy coming off this ReMix was great. Both the arrangement and production sound top-notch and overall this is a very strong tune. Nice to see two great sources turn out like this.

I could've swore I posted in this thread - I guess I didn't. I remember this mix from DoD early this year, and it was a pretty solid entry from what I remember. I think this version is a more polished up version of the original entry (going off of memory here, so bear with me - it could be off since a lot of things happened this year for me), which is a great thing to hear. Everything sounds pretty crisp - the notes played on the guitar aren't always sharp, but the overall performance is pretty good. I do wish the song is a little longer, like a return to the guitar after the keyboard synth part at the end. I dig the song for the most part though, a good job by ScaredSim & Wild Cat here :) .

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR02345 - Mega Turrican "Turrimann"