Cold Man (Mega Man & Bass) + Wily Tower 2 (Mega Man 8) 80's Vocal Euro-Disco - 'The Fall'

AkumajoBelmont

WIP HERE 'The Fall': http://www.box.com/s/1vyizjsjj2okh6f8y07p

Sources:

Cold Man (Mega Man & Bass SNES):

Wily Tower 2 (Mega Man 8 PSX/SAT):

So this was one of my entries for the Wily Castle Remix Gauntlet that I got sounding pretty good, but didn't QUITE get to finishing. You'll notice that from listening to the WIP. But I reckon it's at about 80% done, and though it sounds a little basic in parts, I'm working on that.

BUT! GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

I've asked Level 99 to do some guitar for me, and being the busy (and totally awesome) guy he is, agreed to feature in this track with me, with a solo and everything! So YAY!

So I'll be posting any progress we make in here. Just bear in mind that the WIP above is pretty much fully mastered, so any subsequent updates may not sound as bombastic as it does until it's done.

But it's at a very close to complete stage at the moment, so it's sounding pretty decent I think.

The track is very much equal parts New Order, and any 80's synth-pop/euro-disco outfits you could think of. Lyrics are PURE CHEESE, and not at all game related. Also used some fantastic Linn LinnDrum samples I found for the percussion, and most of the synths are either Juno 106 and Yamaha DX7 samples. Also, stole a little sample from the Jap/Euro Sonic CD to use in my transitions. My good friend Jason Covenant provided some mastering wizardry to make it a little louder than I had it earlier, too, so thanks for that man! :D

I've pretty much taken the Wily Tower 2 theme from MM8 and adjusted it to fit over the main chord progression Cold Man theme from MM&B. So it's a relatively even mash-up of the two themes. Vocals are done and dusted, so they won't be changed. They MAY feature in more of the track, albeit in a chopped up, altered form, but the main vocal sections are done. I'm also gonna vary the percussion up a bit, but I'll wait till I get some guitar before I do that. Might add some 80's toms, cowbell and PERHAPS some claps. Maybe :D A little more instrumentation, some polishing of the transitions, and work on the arpeggio's is on the cards too.

Lyrics are HERE:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VERSE:

I'm saying that it wasn't ever right.

I find myself repeating things a thousand times,

and I'm tired of never getting through to you.

(Oh oh oh oh)

You couldn't care where this road will take you

Could build you up, or tear you down or maybe break your fall.

But I'm up against walls you build to keep me out.

CHORUS:

I'm falling (I'm falling)

I'm falling down(I'm falling)

And I can't waste my time on you.

It all feels wrong when the trust is gone.

You're calling (you're calling)

You're calling out my name, but it's too late.

So goodbye.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyhoo, lemme know what you think! :D

Just saying, this deserved WAY more votes than it got in this particular WCRG round. The vocals are just...chilling. That's the only way I can describe it :D

I can't say I have any criticism to offer...it's got sort of a lo-fi quality to it but it just works SO well for the song itself.

Can't wait to hear the finished product :)

Geez man, thanks a lot! That means a whole heap to me! Glad you like the vocals - I'm so uber-happy with the way they turned out in this track, it's not funny! :D