Mario Kart: Road Rage [Still Recruiting]

pokemoneinstein

My intention was for the whole series, I'm pretty dedicated to getting songs from every game on the album.

If anything, we should leave them out of it. SMK has 4 accepted remixes and MK64 has 5. DS has one, and none of the others have any at all.

Essentially, I'm against leaving any games off, but I'm VERY strongly opposed to just making it focus on SNES and N64. Frankly, in my opinion, the best of the series' music isn't on either of them, besides Mario Circuit and the two Rainbow Road songs.

well, you have to remember, those are the oldest games, and generally has an easier melody to work with.

Not true, it depends on how conservative you are. In order to be a ReMix, all you need is a clear influence from the original. You can vary as much as you want, as long as it's identifiable as the source. What can make melodies difficult is the composition, not the platform they're on. Sure, the more advanced the console, the more advanced the whole song can be, but the melody is only one aspect of it. It's all the backing, effects, and percussion that makes most simple songs complex, and if you include them in a remix the way they are in an original, it's deemed too conservative.

That's more than fine, as long as Maple Treeway is dominant. Or if you want to have DK Summit and Maple Treeway share the limelight, that's also great!

The only real guidelines I have are that you run a mix by myself, Brushfire, and Electrolisystem before submitting it to the judges panel, and that you put your best efforts into the mix. I hope (as I'm sure Brushfire and Electro do, too) that this album can become an official OCR release, but we can't do that without a solid number of OCR-acceptable tracks.