Need a Video Game Composer?

Andy Gillion

For any game developers out there in need of original music/sound but perhaps on a bit of a budget, please get in contact. I'm between working on a couple of games at the moment and am always looking for a new project to work on. If you know anyone who could benefit please pass on the word. Very affordable, high quality, uniquely imaginative and intelligent music!

Cheers

Andy

for examples of work check out www.youtube.com/andygillion

There has been a relatively large influx of newbie "game composers" coming in to advertise and I'm wondering who's been telling people this is a Game Development site.

Andy, this forum is for RECRUITING and COLLABORATING, this isn't free ad space for you to grab a gig. This is also not a game development website, it is a game music community full of other composers looking for work as well. The website you're looking for is gamedev.net.

Hey I remember you from that Sonic Tribute mix you subbed... yeah it didn't pass but I remember it got around a little on OCR, a fav of quite a few people in the rejected mixes category, which is pretty impressive :P

Nice stuff there as well, dig it. As a fellow composer I hope I get all your jobs (jk good luck dude :P)

However, stuff like this doesn't belong in this thread i'm afraid. If you want to post originals or remixes, post them in the appropriate forums (Post your Remixes/Originals) or put links in your sig :)

Cheers for the info WillRock, I'll check that site out. I kinda knew this would cause some people to get a bit angry, it's shameless advertising and there's no two ways about it. I do understand the forums and have posted a couple of my remixes here before, it's just so difficult to get this sort of work though - it's desperate I'll agree.

Cheers for the info WillRock, I'll check that site out. I kinda knew this would cause some people to get a bit angry, it's shameless advertising and there's no two ways about it. I do understand the forums and have posted a couple of my remixes here before, it's just so difficult to get this sort of work though - it's desperate I'll agree.

Best thing to do here is to wait for opportunities to arise and jump at them when they do. I did and I was ultimately successful, and have since composed music for edgebee studios as a result (critter forge and swords and potions if you want specifics).

Basically, go find the work, rather than hoping the work will find you ;)

It's desperate I'll agree.

One of the first rules of advertising is not coming off desperate. You are showing yourself off as a brand and no one's going to spend good money on a brand that's desperate.

That comes off meaner than I mean for it to, but you understand the point I'm getting at. I've learned from experience that these things come back to haunt you and may even cost you a job.

What WillRock said as far as the rest of that. Go hit up a bunch of Game Development websites and a bunch of indie game company sites and just ask around - and for God's sakes don't advertise yourself as "GAME COMPOSER FOR ALL YOUR MUSIC NEEDS!" every single other composer in the world is doing that. Just ask up as a humble decent person asking a question and it will be much easier to try to work inside.