Contact Information

Remixer: bXmMusic

User ID: 46081

Submission Information

Game: Super Mario World

Arrangement: Bowser is a Champion

Original Song: Castle

Original Composer: Koji Kondo

Comments: A metal remix of probably one of the darkest songs in Mario history (in my opinion.) I have had this song in my mind for a couple of years, and finally when the time came around the corner, "Bowser is a Champion" came along!

----------------

• 1 month later...

I thought about this one for a while. Overall it's a tough decision. The arrangement itself has a pretty good soundscape, and the genre transition is fluid. There is also a lot of variety in the background while the melody stays mostly the same. What is putting me back is how many times the same part of the theme is presented throughout the track. It's quite a few times. However, going back to my earlier point, the amount of background variation does a lot to make the song not feel as repetitious as it could be. I'm honestly pretty on the fence for this, but I think I am going to lean towards a pass, and also wait to hear the other judges' opinions. Good luck!

YES (borderline)

I like this. nicely adapted to the style, though I think those drums were a bit to stiffly sequenced, and the lead could have been a little more forward in the mix. I didn't think the song was too repetitive though; overall a nice treatment of the source with solid transitions and production. I'm down with this one. :)

YES

How are you djentlemen? Ok it's not that djenty but I hear hints in the rhythm guitar.

Not bad at all. A few iffy sounds here and there but the core rock elements are pretty solid. A little repetitive like my jooj-brethrin suggest but the rhythm tracks are pretty varied and inventive. Loving the influx of (what I assume) is eight-string guitars being submitted.

YES

Not a whole lot to add here. Very clean soundscape given the intensity of the arrangement. I was also worried about repetativeness in the first third of the song initially - it didn't sound like you were ever going to take on the second half of the melody. But turns out you were just saving it for later.

Nice litte break at 2:20 and the changeup at 2:48 was very unexpected, but not unwelcome.

Biggest issue for me was the transition to the end section, which while sudden like 2:48, wasn't as effective IMO. I would've gone with either a smoother changeover from intense to laidback or build up to some sort of big climax and then throw the listener with the quiet passage to end it. Right now the intensity just stops and the chill starts. Not a dealbreaker by any means, though.

Overall, performance was excellent. Very solid guitar chops on display here, take note guys :).

YES