Steam Gift Pile Error Code Giveaway!

Brandon Strader

I've been getting a new fancy "Oops, sorry!" gift... pretty snazzy that they made that just for this occasion!

Just to edit this in, this was intended as a joke to sort of prod at how Valve's Christmas sale was off to a very buggy start, but considering it has been bugged all day and still as of now it is bugged, this has not gone as expected. And uhhh I want my gifts. :cry: Why steam no let me have my gifts? :cry:

I got a coupon for 50% of any Valve game.

I appreciate the free gift, I really do, but...all of Valve's games are always on sale anyway, and I don't like or want any of their stuff aside from Portal, so...hrm.

Edit: Oh hey, it'a tradable, apparently, so there's that.

I wonder if they stack or stack with the sale price because I might grab Portal 2 with my 25% off code.

Also got 50% off VVVVVV which is already 75% off.

EDIT: Read the fine print and you can't stack coupons but coupons stack with already discounted items.

EDIT2: I'm dumb. Just read the time when the coupons are valid.

Some coupons work from March 2nd, 2012 until March 1st, 2012. :lol:

I still only have -33% Valve when I should have got 3 gifts.. they never appeared.. I did the Orcs Must Die one plus people are supposed to get 2 for checking their inventory.

I had to go back and forth quite a bit from the gift page to my inventory to get it to act right and give me my free gifts. I have 3 coupons I'll never use now but can hopefully trade to people later who will put 'em to good use.

I'm hoping for coal since those are sort of like entries into their contest, and, well, that grand prize is pretty sweet. Winning all the games, ever. *_*

ETA: HAHA! My friend just did it and got Half-Life 2 for free! How awesome.

I have to wonder how many lifetimes it would take to play every single game on Steam all the way through.

More lifetimes than I have in me. I haven't even finished the stuff I already have. If I ever won something like that I hope it's in a format in which the games are giftable, then not only will I be happy but I can make all my friends very happy too.

And someone else I know got their gift, and it was 3 free games in 1. Some Fallout package? So they got 3 Fallout games. Innnnteresting. I'm wondering if games will be common gifts one can get. And I wonder if they'll all be older games that don't cost much anyways, or if there'll be a Skyrim or seven slipped in there.

I think Steam bugged out when we traded. 8-O We each still have the coupons we traded, according to Steam.... Well, I guess there are going to be a few errors here and there.

E: Looked on Steam forums, it sounds like it's an ongoing issue: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=27090936

I will totally trade you on that extra sonic coupon. Luckily I have a 5 game indie bundle if you be willing to trade.

Steam ID: [OCR] Unstable Hamster ;-)

I will totally trade you on that extra sonic coupon. Luckily I have a 5 game indie bundle if you be willing to trade.

Steam ID: [OCR] Unstable Hamster ;-)

Sorry, I don't think I will. If it's just a fluke and Steam goes and corrrects it, I don't want it to disappear on you or something like that. My Item history, for example, does say I traded it. I'll give it a few days and see if it's still there; I can probably give you one of them then.

'Tis the season to find errors

Fa la la la la, la la la la

Double the number of bearers

Try to trade them off to someone

Fa la la, la la la, la la la

In order to get something fun

I'm fine with that, the coupon isn't usable til the 2nd anyway right? I was thinking of grabbing that earlier than that. I was kinda bummed that these coupons are not redeemable right now, but then I saw that they have a golden tickets that you can use now. Check the asterisk under the how does it work page. So has anyone managed to grab a golden ticket?

Wtf? :-(

Ok, I am finally getting 'gifts' now.. but I have 4 lumps of coal and no actual games. After reading about every other person on Steam getting awesome free game gifts, this makes me sad.

It'd be epic if I won every game on Steam due to getting nothing but coal. But if I get nothing but coal and I don't win, then all I will have had was coal that disappeared. ;_;

I may sound greedy or something but come on lol...

Recettear is on sale.

Get.

it.

now.

Yes. Agreed! That was an awesome game! I also read Recettear was one of the freebies you could get as a gift.

I already had Diggle Nog made in DoD so I awoke to the free gift of Virtua Fighter 2. Not being into fighting games I gave it to a friend who is. Yaaaay.

uhhh... anyone ever download a 3rd party game only to have the exe file never show up in your steam folder? Marry Christmas to me... $13 down the drain -_-

If you bought a game through Steam and the game isn't showing up it sounds like you should contact Steam support. For an issue like that I'm sure they can help, and when you get games you get confirmation emails and such so you should be fine. Sounds like a weird issue, but Steam keeps randomly breaking due to this holiday thing so I'm not surprised >>

You try restarting Steam? That's a simple solution that solves a fair amount of issues.