OC ReMix Presents Wild Arms: ARMed and DANGerous!

Level 99

WAcover.png

OC ReMix Presents Wild Arms: ARMed and DANGerous Remix Album!

December 20, 2011

FAIRFAX, VA... Today marks the 15th anniversary of Wild Arms, one of the first Japanese RPGs to feature a Western-style story and setting. To commemorate this landmark game, originally published on the PlayStation with music composed by Michiko Naruke, OverClocked ReMix has released its 31st arrangement album, Wild Arms: ARMed and DANGerous. Weighing in at 58 tracks, this is the largest collaborative project by the community to date. The album was directed by Jennifer "JaDE ARaN HaRuNo" Aguirre, joined by assistant directors Jordan "bLiNd" Aguirre, Wes "Emunator" McDonald, and Stevo "Level 99" Bortz.

ARMed and DANGerous is available for free download at http://armed.ocremix.org. It was made by fans, for fans, and is not affiliated with or endorsed by Media.Vision or Sony; all original compositions are copyright their respective owners.

This extensive collection of music was created by 53 talented artists, both new and familiar, featuring performances from 23 musicians. The album hosts as vast variety of styles as it does artists, featuring genres as diverse as acoustic, electronica, trance, rock, reggae, jazz, orchestral, vocal, Western, experimental, chiptune, and more!

Director Jade Aguirre's connection to the album is among the most personal of any OC ReMix project: "Many years ago, I had a great circle of friends. As we got older, our lives started to change and many friendships ended in brokenness. Later, I discovered Wild Arms because of the music and found myself and these old friends in [the game]... like replaying my past over with a soundtrack. The Western theme reminded me of my father, because of his admiration for Westerns. He passed away after I discovered the game, so it brought me some closure," said Jade. "The project is about the music, the fans and everyone's dedicated hard work. Though the reason why I chose Wild Arms is because I wanted to dedicate this to my husband, Jordan. It is the very meaning of my love."

Her husband, assistant director Jordan "bLiNd" Aguirre, highlighted Jade's extensive research and perseverance in organizing ARMed and DANGerous. "I want to say as Jade's husband how proud I am of her and all the work she did to organize, inspire, and keep this project alive. Jade did a wonderful job of getting to know each artist's music before approaching them so she knew where to direct them and their talents. It was truly awesome to see how great things fell in place once everyone was on the same page. I am proud to be a part of this project, because of the sheer QUALITY I hear in the final result."

About OverClocked ReMix

Founded in 1999, OverClocked ReMix is an organization dedicated to the appreciation and promotion of video game music as an art form. Its primary focus is ocremix.org, a website featuring thousands of free fan arrangements, information on game music and composers, resources for aspiring artists, and a thriving community of video game music fans.

###