OCRA-0031 - Wild Arms: ARMed and DANGerous

Level 99

WAcover.png

On December 20, 1996, a role-playing game called Wild Arms released in Japan. 15 years later, I am proud to announce the official OC ReMix album of ARMed and DANGerous.

I never had intentions of directing this project. It was just a fan request in the beginning. The thread was old and dead, and after several months later it was revived. Suddenly, the support was pouring in and I took on the responsibility. I wanted this project to be different than the others and make it memorable. I wanted each artist to represent the meaning of the game and my feelings of what it meant to me. Directed by someone who is not an OC ReMixer, I want to thank those who believed in me that I could do this.

Many years ago, I had a great circle of friends. We did everything together and depended on one another. As we got older, our lives started to change and many friendships ended in brokenness. I remained lost for a great amount of time hoping someday it would be the same again. Later I discovered Wild Arms because of the music and decided to buy it. I found myself and these old friends in Wild Arms. It was like replaying my past over with a soundtrack. The Western theme reminded me of my father, because of his admiration for Westerns. He passed away after I discovered the game, so it brought me some closure.

The project is about the music, the fans and everyone's dedicated hard work. Though the reason why I chose Wild Arms is because I wanted to dedicate this to my husband, Jordan Aguirre (bLiNd). It is the very meaning of my love. What I needed and wanted was always right in front of me, not what I had before him. In the middle of making this, I wanted to give up on the project because of what occurred in 2010, but Stevo Bortz (Level 99) did not let me give up. Wes McDonald (Emunator) also joined to ensure the release. I thank those two for being my co-directors, because it would have not released today. Also, special thanks to James Joyner (Jewbei), Aaron Wu (Global-Trance), and Wesley Cho (Bahamut). After MAGFest 9, I learned who my friends are and what my life deserves the most. I had been separated for a year and a half and just recently we had our reunion. I am truly blessed and grateful that for Christmas of 2011, I get to spend it with my husband and his family while celebrating the release of this album and our reconciliation, despite of our sacrifices and pain. I am still making an effort to leave the past behind me and accept the present and future. The music is the whole explanation of this strife.

I am grateful to those who succeeded in this specific sound. Wild ARMs is about love, emotion, tragedy, and adventure. Shine in all your glory.

- Jennifer Jade-Lee Aguirre (JaDE ARaN HaRuNo)

I want to say as Jade's husband how proud I am of her and all the work she did to organize, inspire, and keep this project alive and everyone working in spite of all the struggles she went through these past couple of years. She worked her butt off to get this done and deserves a lot of praise for what she did. I have seen many projects come and go on OCR, but this one is different than the rest for one reason - Jade INSPIRED people. She used something she adored and loved and was inspired by and somehow got all sorts of musicians to feel the same way, even if they never played the game before; myself included...

This project really stretched me as a musician, an artist, and a person. I took in a lot of music in the beginning and throughout the process learned I was probably capable of being a judge at OCR, as I was giving lots of feedback to people about their tracks and it was actually helping them! It's not a job I would probably want to take on as it is very time consuming and takes away from what I love to do most (make music), but I can say it was a good experience and I found it a joy to work with the artists. There are SO many talented people in this community and sometimes I think they are overlooked because of minor things like not knowing production as well as a professional or not knowing music theory enough to be considered "good enough" and they really just need a push in right direction.

This project is a prime example of talent already acknowledged and overlooked talent that just needed some tender love and care and some motherly nurturing. Jade did a wonderful job of getting to know each artist's music before approaching them so she knew where to direct them and their talents. It was truly awesome to see how great things fell in place once everyone was on the same page. I am proud to be a part of this project as an artist and a co-director because of the sheer QUALITY I hear in the final result.

The remixes I produced also stretched me as an artist and I can say I am very proud of the work I did for it. I am especially proud of "Fireflight" because it is the matured sound of bLiNd. But most of all, the "Ring and a Promise" tracks are what this project is about for me - my wife. I made that track for our 1 year wedding anniversary, so this project represents the love I have for my wife and we will look back on it as a shining moment in our marriage. Everyone give Jade your thanks, love, and support for making something this grand come to life...

- Jordan Aguirre (bLiNd)

YAY! Congrats everybody! I'm downloading now and can't wait to listen! While I didn't actually contribute to the project, I've been following it since 2009 and have been eagerly awaiting this release. Wild Arms is one of my all time favorite games and is my all time favorite VG soundtrack, so I just want to thank Jade and everyone that contributed to this album and made it possible! Thanks!

Congrats go to Jade, Jordan, and all of the mixers/artists involved in getting this album out there - it really has been a long & arduous journey, and an excellent final product in the end. I think this may be my new favorite album on OCR but time will tell. Perhaps I'll post again in a few months and give more thoughts, but for now I think people will find it hard to disagree that this is a large high quality album :) .

I keep trying to download the album with uTorrent, but it keeps glitching on me. I wanna hear it, darn it! I'll keep trying, I guess -_-''

The .zip folder glitched on me, as well. And when I went for the individual tracks, everything after Effrontery Escape links to a download of Effrontery Escape, lol.

Oh well. I'll content myself with the disc and a half of music before 2-05 that is working, and wait for the rest to be fixed. In the meantime, congratulations to everyone who worked so hard on this project to see it to its fruition!

Just wanted to say kudos to all of the fantastic artists that contributed to this album, it is by far my favorite remix album on the site. I've been following this project since it's resurgence back in 2009, and even though I've been on extended hiatus due to some terrible personal choices back in the middle of 2010, have managed to keep tabs on this album since then. I'm glad to see it finally come to fruition, and although my original plan of coremixing a track with one of the remixers who now has several tracks on the album. I am glad that I at least gave him the inspiration to persevere on the track that would have been ours and continued on to create excellent remixes not only for this album but for others as well.

Great Job OverClocked ReMix!

The .zip folder glitched on me, as well. And when I went for the individual tracks, everything after Effrontery Escape links to a download of Effrontery Escape, lol.

Oh well. I'll content myself with the disc and a half of music before 2-05 that is working, and wait for the rest to be fixed. In the meantime, congratulations to everyone who worked so hard on this project to see it to its fruition!

The individual MP3 issue is entirely my fault, I'm emailing a site code fix to Dave this morning. SUPER sorry about the inconvenience.

What Mirror are you all downloading from that has a borked ZIP? I just downloaded from Mirror 1 and it worked just fine for me.

I'm downloading the torrent version now.

From what I can hear it's sounding really nice, another project I'm proud to be a part of. Although this did came on a bad time for me, and made me cause some grey hairs to the directors (atleast I reckon I did), I think I should start replying to things more often :-P

Anyway, congratulations to Jade and the co-directors for going through with this, and everybody involved for getting such a large project into fruition, and with such quality too! (Although I could've done a better job with my contribution)

The individual MP3 issue is entirely my fault, I'm emailing a site code fix to Dave this morning. SUPER sorry about the inconvenience.

What Mirror are you all downloading from that has a borked ZIP? I just downloaded from Mirror 1 and it worked just fine for me.

Think it was Mirror 3. Could just be a bad individual d/l though - I just d/led from 2 and it worked just fine. (Sorry, should've checked the other mirrors before I declared it glitched. :tomatoface::-P) So it could've easily been an interrupted d/l that I didn't catch or something.

Think it was Mirror 3. Could just be a bad individual d/l though - I just d/led from 2 and it worked just fine. (Sorry, should've checked the other mirrors before I declared it glitched. :tomatoface::-P) So it could've easily been an interrupted d/l that I didn't catch or something.

Okay, yeah. Mirror 3 for all of them seems to be down or having issues, its being looked into.

Besides that, the main music page links have now all been fixed (obv besides mirror 3)

Thanks, I have been waiting for this album since announced. Since I am a huge Wild Arms fan, so thanks again to everyone who contributed to this album and made it happen.

I am listening through the album now, been leaving it alone to torrent for a while, one question, I look at the site and the last song (A ring and a promise club mix) is arranged by bLiNd but the file itself also credits Ashleigh Coryell, as they did work together on the non club, should they both be credited on the mix?

I really must say, this shouldn't have surprised me in the least, but... every single track on this album is amazing and awesome and epic in its own right. No joke. I work as a sign holder, and listen to music to keep me all happy and interested. I let this entire album play through my shift... and there was not a single track I wanted to skip. 8O

To Jade, bLiNd, and everyone on the project... fantastic job. I have no words... this is way too awesome...

53 tracks and not a single Alone in The World remix? Or Lone Bird In The Shire?

WAT

Migratory Bird of the Wilderness (Rudy's Theme) IS Lone Bird in the Shire. It's on Disc 3, track 15 by Ergosonic.

No Alone in the World remix made me depressed and sad that it couldn't be covered. 4 different people claimed it and never got done because of several different reasons. Sorry to disappoint a few people regarding that, but the project had to get released on the 15th anniversary. That was much more important to everyone, especially to me.

I give this album a Platinum medal. This and Serious Monkey Business are my 2 favorite O-Clocked albums. As with most albums, the tracks get better the second time I hear them.

Only complaint (and it's not that big of a complaint!) is that A Sorrowful Separation, Battle Motherfried, and Knight Quarters weren't released as bonus tracks.

I've been on an "OCR download spree" lately, and I'm usually very picky about which songs I decide to keep.

However, I must admit to liking every single song on disc 4 of the Wild Arms - ARMed and DANGerous album. There were a few here and there on the other discs (mostly clustered around discs 1 and 2) that I enjoyed such as "Up an' at 'Em", "Sharp Edge of Love", and "Within Despair Lies Hope".

But, with a couple of exceptions, the entirety of disc 4 were definite keepers. This was a great album, but I have to give big props to the guys who composed disc 4. Those pieces, in my opinion, turned an excellent album into an extraordinary album. Nice work!