OCRA-0031 - Wild Arms: ARMed and DANGerous

Level 99

No Alone in the World remix made me depressed and sad that it couldn't be covered. 4 different people claimed it and never got done because of several different reasons. Sorry to disappoint a few people regarding that, but the project had to get released on the 15th anniversary. That was much more important to everyone, especially to me.

This could become a good thing, like the absence of Concrete Man on the Mega Man 9 Album. Alone in the World EP, anyone?

I will say that this is the first I'm listening to most of the songs on this project and so many of them are fantastic. Really great work from everyone especially Jade, who I'm sure was going nuts trying to get together such a huge project. I'm proud that this was the first project I was able to get a remix into, and listening to all these is making me want to dust off my old copy of the game and play it again. Great stuff guys!!

This could become a good thing, like the absence of Concrete Man on the Mega Man 9 Album. Alone in the World EP, anyone?

Or something called DLC? Donwloadable mini-albums to make up for the missed tracks on a full album, these would include the WIPs or others that didn't get finished on time but then were finally done by the DLC deadline.

Brilliant album, one of OverClocked Remix's finest! The incredible amount of work, dedication, and love that went into this project really shines through. Kudos to Jade, bLiNd, Emunator, and everyone else involved!

My favorites at this point:

'I Now Pronounce You Incorrectly' by Binster

'Fireflight' by bLiNd

'Succumb to the Wilderness' by Level 99

I want to give a big thanks to everyone who worked on this project. I finally did listen to everything all the way through and I can say I am very proud of all of the music that was done. Most of all I am proud of my wife who inspired the work to be done. One of the greatest things about this project was the fact that most people who worked on it didn't really know the game or music but once Jade told them how much she appreciated their work as an artist and remixer, their ears were open to a great soundtrack. She basically told them in her own words "I believe in you" and that was it. The remixes started regardless of fandom or nostalgia and everyone did their best.

This project is great because of all the hard work, of course, and all the team players that were involved but I really believe its success should be credited to a woman who took the time to get to know each artist individually, whether that be their own discography, remixes, or their personality, and pushed them to further heights thru music.

Well done everyone. Well done Jade, my beautiful wife...

This album has intensified my four-on-the-floor cravings/addiction. :nicework:

high quality work + incredible arrangements * blood, sweat and tears / dedication = this album. I'll probably come back to edit this with a much more in depth review after I listen a bit more, but this was a very good album, and I felt the need to replay several songs over and over because they were just way too good for one listen-through. I love it when music doesn't just sound crafty and polished (with the technical, production aspect) but it also sounds full of emotion and passion; you can definitely hear some of the personal experiences seeping through a lot of these songs.

Congratulations to the Aguirres and everyone that helped make this possible; the hard work put into this was/is highly evident.

EDIT: hooooooly.... FFmusic DJ is back with a vengeance. no mercy on his track at all =/

• 2 weeks later...

It's a crime there aren't more replies for this!

I'm totally enthralled with this album, and I'm finding more songs I love on it every day.

"Round the Cape of Good Hope" really perfectly captures the feeling of the game to me, the combination of sad and uplifting tinges. (though it was my favorite original track as well)

But really amazing job all around!

Now that the album has been out a few weeks, I've had the chance to listen through it a few times. So I just wanted to say thank you and congratulations to Jade and all the mixers that contributed to the project! It exceeded my (incredibly high and hype-driven) expectations in every possible way! Honestly I have to admit I was a little skeptical that a project of such a large scope could be of equally high quality, but I was wrong. Every song on here sounds beautifully arranged, well-produced, and very enjoyable. I won't even try to name some of my favorites, there are so many. I really like how this remix project feels like a natural extension of the original soundtrack. It sounds like Wild Arms and reminds me of Wild Arms, yet is completely original in it's own right. It somehow strikes the perfect balance between recognizable, nostalgic melodies and original, interpretative re-arrangement. I can't describe it, but it just feels right.

So yeah, thank you everyone for such an amazing tribute to an amazing game and soundtrack. If anyone hasn't downloaded this yet, YOU NEED TO GET ON IT! :-)

Thanks everyone to the great replies so far. I am filled with awe. I haven't heard one negative thing yet so far, which shocks me because there is always someone out there you can't satisfy. You are all right. This whole album is filled with dedication and love. I'm happy everyone has felt it throughout the album. It was the whole point. :-)

Also I cannot release unofficial material so no, you will not see the tracks that didn't make it to the album. Sorry! :( It just doesn't work that way. A lot of them are not finished and unpolished. Artists don't want to release such material. It's a private matter and the album has 58 tracks already, stop complaining about more and/or bonus tracks! Didn't feel it was necessary. I topped OCR's project album track count too so be happy and not disappointed because there is nothing in this album not to like!

Just want to mention as well...USUALLY the last disc on an album is always the best, especially in video game soundtracks. I agree Disc 4 is the best, but that's also because most of those tracks were ending themes. Emunator did a fantastic job putting the playlist together. Everything blends great.

So I didn't realize there was an album review thread, so I'd been posting my comments in the announcement thread lol. So here was my brief review!

Now that the album has been out a few weeks, I've had the chance to listen through it a few times. So I just wanted to say thank you and congratulations to Jade and all the mixers that contributed to the project! It exceeded my (incredibly high and hype-driven) expectations in every possible way! Honestly I have to admit I was a little skeptical that a project of such a large scope could be of equally high quality, but I was wrong. Every song on here sounds beautifully arranged, well-produced, and very enjoyable. I won't even try to name some of my favorites, there are so many. I really like how this remix project feels like a natural extension of the original soundtrack. It sounds like Wild Arms and reminds me of Wild Arms, yet is completely original in it's own right. It somehow strikes the perfect balance between recognizable, nostalgic melodies and original, interpretative re-arrangement. I can't describe it, but it just feels right.

Again, great job everyone! This is amazing!

I haven't had time to listen to the whole album just a few tracks, but they are stuck in my head which says a lot about the remixes. There are only two themes of the original OST which stuck, first the Opening Into the wilderness and there's another track which doesn't seem to be on the OST called Extreme Decisions, I ripped it from the PSF package. BTW does anybody else know this track. Too bad this didn't get remixed (at least so far)

Uh, this is the first time that's happened to me. I feel kind of violated.

And they even had the audacity to list me as THE Archangel. Some nerve.

Also, I've finally got the time to listen to the entire album. Extremely enjoyable. I love it when there's so much genre variation in an album, so thanks a lot to everyone who contributed their music! I've never played Wild Arms, but after hearing this album, I'm certainly tempted to try, to say the least. =)