OCR02350 - Wild Arms "The Long Journey Ahead"

djpretzel

This mix is absolutely incredible - Diggi Dis has been on fire lately, and this mix (as well as some other project mixes he has done that are yet to come out in the next few months) just showcases some special stuff. I admittedly didn't get as into it on my first listen due to that contrasting synth that pops up during the song, but after a few listens it really clicked with me, and I can't get enough of the music. It's smooth as butter and the soft instrumentation used here really shines like no other along with a great arrangement.

Frank, your music has definitely gotten a lot better in the past few years - what's your secret?

Whoa....that is one smooth opening! The kids yelling was an interesting touch to this funky, somewhat slightly elegant grooving ReMix, and it's certainly unique. It's really fun to listen to and has a nice, solid beat that is extremely catchy and gets you moving. Great work with the piano as well. The arrangement is terrific and everything sounds totally sweet. Another fantastic ReMix by Diggi Dis.

Yep. Diggi Dis can do no wrong. The opening ePiano was simply beautiful, and the funky wah guitar that soon enters is really clean and nicely recorded. The body and bass in the track is so clean and well-refined. I think the somewhat exposed string ensemble sample that comes in as a lead leaves a bit to be desired, but surely I am only noticing it because of how clean the mix is. So it's more of an observation than a legitimate gripe, and I'm certainly no sample-nazi.

I liked the vocal samples that are used and I think they provide a greater sense of whimsy for the song while they are playing. The drum and backing variations at 2:51 were great to help break up the monotony a bit from the similar repetitions prior. The drum variation in general, which does include some 4/4 sections, was quite well done and didn't linger on a single style of beat for too long. Diggi delivers yet again with a really solid and well-played track.

Given the use of rhodes in the original, I can definitely see how something of this nature would fit wonderfully for Diggi Dis's rhodes driven style.

Indeed it did with the original's intro being handled note for note, before it got expanded with a good hint of phatbeetzville on his end to give in more of his signature style. That feel is maintained when going into the more majestic riff of the source, similarly following safe but also incorporating some of his key/synth solo magic. I sure as hell can't identify the chanting, but they did indeed bring in this driven march approach that would get the listener pumped - very appropriately fitted.

It's a sharp setting as we've come to expect from the Bad Dudes roster, but I'm not too sure about the acoustic guitar that came in at 1:25 - it does indeed sound very sweetly recorded, but the attack on the strings feels very harsh to me to really appreciate properly; could there have been a way to EQ the strum attack out, possibly lowering the high end? Either way, I'm guessing it would be a lot less harsh to listen to on speakers as opposed to headphones though, so that's something to bear in mind when approaching the track with your listening setup of choice.

That irk aside, it's still a classy arrangement to go by, and one that shows off Diggi Dis's style in a very upbeat and classy fashion. Between this and "Voodoo, Roots n' Grog", I can say that his style has been amplifying tenfold over the past year, and I hope to see it keep growing within 2012 as well :)

This is easily one of my favorite tracks off the album. It's just such an fun, enjoyable song. The use of the rhodes compliments Diggi's style perfectly. Amazing production all around, I'm not sure I've ever heard something so crisp and clear. I am curious, are the shouting kids (?) saying something, or is it just nonsense noises? And where does one get such a sample? Regardless, this somehow fits perfectly, so props on the originality there. Totally love this song! Great work!

This song is so much damn fun. Love the sound variety from the gorgeous opening EP to the guitar, strings, random shouting kids, both acoustic and later electric drums and synths. There's a lot of stuff happening in places yet everything sounds nice and crisp. Great production. This track is a big highlight for the album

• 10 months later...

Just recently dug this up out of my OCRemix music folder and I just have to say, this remix is a masterful combination of sweet, sexy, and stylish.

The segment from 1:02 to 1:27 makes me melt every freakin' time. Can't get enough of it.

In my opinion, Diggi Dis' finest work right here from start to finish.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR02350 - Wild Arms "The Long Journey Ahead"