*NO* Battlefield 3 'Battle in the Sky'

DragonAvenger

• 3 months later...

Pretty conservative, structure wise, but there are a lot of texture additions that make it better and more interesting than the pretty atmospheric and unmemorable original.

It still is more of a backing track rather than something you can actively listen to, but it is a huge step up. THe new beats are cool and layered, so even though they are a bit repetitive, there is enough interest to keep things going. I think the soundscape is very well done, and im not sure what the 1up sound or whatever it is is doing in the track, as it doesn't fit the otherwise sophisticated sound scape. The lack of an ending is a bit of a downer though, and overall I feel a little underwhelmed by the arrangement. It think the production is fine, but there needs to be something more substantial to this one.

No, please resubmit

Andrew did a good job explaining what's up with this track. There is some additional material you added to this, but overall it feels pretty conservative and there isn't much to substantially make it hold interest throughout the track. It serves pretty great as a backing, which stems from the uninteresting original. Adding something more substantial to the arrangement would definitely help here. You've got the production chops down, which a lot of people feel is the hard part, so I look forward to you either augmenting this track or submitting something that derives from a more interesting source.

NO (resubmit)

not much to add to what the others have said, you've got a solid concept but this feels like a work in progress to me, despite the length. adding a melody or something would really drive the track along better. however I will mention that I really liked the soundscape a lot, especially the intro. reminded me of Trifonic, one of my favorite indie outfits.

hope to hear this again sometime.

NO(resub)