OCR01372 - Shatterhand "Shattered"

Thanks to everyone for the kind words!

There's a bit of a story here about this song. I submitted the VGmix version just to get in the judging panel early, while I worked on a "complete" version of the song. Well, it got to the panel, and I asked Gray to postpone the judging till I could finish the revised version.

I asked Rubbler for new takes on the rhythm and bass guitars, I recorded new takes for the leads (added some new stuff and some rhythm guitar too), and redid the drums. BUT... I just didn't feel right releasing it.

This version that's on both VGmix and OCR, is the result of an INSANE 3 day cramming session we did to get this done for DOD. I re-mixed it for the VGmix release, but that's as far as I really wanna take this track. I know it may not be perfect, but it's got a very awesome memory attached to it that I'd feel wrong to change.

I REALLY dig this! Good ol´ HERO-heavy metal.. Ahh.. awesome. The guitars rock soundwise and ANYWISE. And so do the drums... I just love this.. I´m always after retrovibes and they are very well present in this piece. You can hear the Nintendo stuff in there but also the 80´s heavy metal stuff.. This is a definite classic in my books. Great melodies and THE DRIVE is devastating and the low frequencies rule. When I pump this up, my table quakes. THATS THE WAY BOYS!

The only bitching I have is about the intro. I don´t like it. But I don´t care. The song is great and the intro is kinda separate from the rest, so YAY!

Thanks dudes.. this is awesome. I like this almost as much as I like Snappleman´s sig.

This version that's on both VGmix and OCR, is the result of an INSANE 3 day cramming session we did to get this done for DOD. I re-mixed it for the VGmix release, but that's as far as I really wanna take this track. I know it may not be perfect, but it's got a very awesome memory attached to it that I'd feel wrong to change.

An insane cramming session which, due to my working two of those three days, made me unable to contribute my rhythm tracks to the remix :P.

The only work of mine in this remix is the feedback between the clean intro and distorted part :lol:.

Glad to see this mix got posted though, it's a badass mix.

An insane cramming session which, due to my working two of those three days, made me unable to contribute my rhythm tracks to the remix :P.

The only work of mine in this remix is the feedback between the clean intro and distorted part :lol:.

Hah, indeed! We had a huge 3 way collaboration planned. Too bad you were so busy man, next time!

Hah, indeed! We had a huge 3 way collaboration planned. Too bad you were so busy man, next time!

Next time start to make plans a bit ahead of schedule ;)

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words. Just thought I'd toss my two cents in here.

I first have to say I'm glad Andreas decided to go with this version of the song. He asked me around the middle of last month if I could redo some rhythm tracks and bass tracks, try to do a few things different, etc. He never did let me hear how it turned out, but I can't see it being better than what we've made in such a short time. This mix was the most ambitious project in terms of the sheer lack of time we had to make it happen. In those 3 days we never stopped recording, right until the night before the mix was due, which Snapple diligently finished by not going to bed until about noon the next day, he's a hell of a guy.

So anyway, I'm glad this kind of blood sweat and tears mix made it on, and you're all digging it so much. I look forward to collaborating with Snapple on the million of things we have planned and it will surely be the most badass music we'll put out. Thanks and keep rockin'.

Damn! Man, I'm a sucker for a good thrash, and you guys certainly got me in that soft spot with this one. I didn't, to my surprise, leap out of my chair with my air guitar the first time I listened to this, but let's just say that I'll be listening to it many times again with the blinds closed on my windows.

Music-wise: Good composition and mix. The beginning sticks out a lot compared to the rest, but that's not bad, really. The ending is abrupt, yes, but again, I like it. I never played Shatterhand, but the arrangement sounds great to me.

Sweet!

I agree that the guitar and bass work are kickin', but I've got to disagree with everyone here about the intro. It's actually quite good, and on the first listen, I came up with this:

Imagine you're codename Shatterhand. You've been sent to take out an enemy base, but something feels wrong. You've just passed through four corridors and there's no activity. No guards, no traps, no ambushes. You start to feel that maybe the intel was bad when...

*screetch* bam, three cyborgs right around the corner. You crack your knuckles, grin, and mutter something about kicking ass.

*proceed into main portion* Now they start coming from all sides, but it doesn't matter. You're dishing out the punishment. They're throwing everything at you in the hopes of slowing you down. Fat chance of that happening.

By the time the song's ended, you're teleporting out after leaving a wake of death and destruction.

Nifty. I'll just add this to my large collection of remixes...

And just something I was looking for too...needed something to air guitar too...even if I suck at it.

Heh...2 and a half years downloading remixes here...and I just now post what I think of a mix....*shrugs*

Guys, seriously, DAMN!!!

I know I posted here before, praising this but SHIT, I´ve been listening to this all week and it just gets better and better!

I really admire your skills dudes. You sure play damn well and the sounds and mixing are awesome. The drums are supertight, and make me particularly jealous. Definately one of my favorite remixes ever.

This is so catchy. Oh yes. Now I´m gonna give it yet another go... YAY!

• 1 month later...

oh my fucking god.. not only I LOVED Shatterhand.. and wanted to keep the music forever when listening to it...

not enough people know it I see, but it was one of the best...

I downloaded the NSF original music today unaware of the remix.. and was happy with just that.... but then I thought "wait.. for every nsf/rsn on this site there's always at least one remix.."

I almost shit my pants the first time I heart that.. and the second.. third.. fourth... OMFG.

*joins the worshipping*

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

It started off good, but the thrash-type of metal style you sort of infused in this track kind of ruined it for me. You needed to stick more to the actual music rather than tailing off into a tangent with your own guitar-work.

I would of liked to see some other stages too.

This entire game is filled with great music. It's a shame just to waste everything else by leaving it off.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...
It started off good, but the thrash-type of metal style you sort of infused in this track kind of ruined it for me. You needed to stick more to the actual music rather than tailing off into a tangent with your own guitar-work.

F that. These guys are doing it right. Nothing wrong with soloing. The track's a bit dated these days, as the energy could be more pronounced here, but this is still a really solid arrangement. Shatterhand has got some more good cuts besides this source tune, so I'd love to hear Andy revisit the soundtrack.

• 1 month later...

Rocking stuff, and a little more raw than i'm used to hearing from Snapple and co., but it's a welcome sound- sounds like live playing to me. Great rhythm playing, with some excellent riffage. Leads are uber, with some excellent solos, tasteful and shredding at the same time. Added to a great source tune, this is definitely a keeper.

Rock on guys.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01372 - Shatterhand "Shattered"