OCR00538 - Lemmings (DOS) "Lounge Lemmings"

orkybash

Lemmings 'Lounge Lemmings'

Gotta love anyone who's able to take on Lemming's zany soundtrack and do it as much justice as Mazedude has. My only complaint is the vibes, which lag behind just a tad. I can see why Maze did this - to make it seem more "human," but it's done to such an extreme that it just sounds off. But other than that, it's a solid mix, and well worth a download.

• 1 month later...

Not what I was expecting from a "Lounge" remix (should've read djpretzel's review before I listened) but quite nice. I rather liked the slight delay on the vibes and piano, as well as the synth interludes. This mix is obviously going for a laid-back, rhythm-lounge feel to it, but I can't help but wish the synth had been cranked up just a tad more.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I remember when I first downloaded this song so long ago. I had it on loop for a week. But it's still a good song cuz I didn't get sick of it. That's when you have a good song, when you can go back to it a long time later and still love it like the first time.

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...

This song is amazing. I listen to OCR music while I read books usually and when this song hits about 2:51 or so I always stop and look up because it's so awesome. Most songs just play in the background while I don't really pay them much mind, but not this one. Chris surely is the man. Excellent Job.

I'm not sure why you guys are bothered by the off vibe, I can't even tell that it's there really...

Maybe I should listen to the source material to get an idea of what you're talking about.

• 8 months later...

I love the song I really do, but at the beginning the xylophone and some of the piano off vibes just drive me nuts. Later though they are almost covered up and so they fit and make it great like right around the 2 minute mark. But when they are so out in the open like that, it is very distracting and almost makes you think that something wrong must have happened. I love the song otherwise.

Chill as heck. I love the mood of this song. I also like the contrast between the sort of soft, acoustic sounds in the beginning (yes, forgive my inclusion of the drum kit, but it's appealing) and the rougher synth lead midway through. This is definitely a song to lounge to.

• 5 weeks later...

I just gasped when I saw who had remixed this remix, Mazedude!

Unfortunately, the other reviews ruined my first listen. There I was, expecting to hear bad vibes which is supposed to wreck the whole mix. And they never came.

I clearly has different taste than the rest of you guys, but exactly what made those vibes bad? They were rough, the other one maybe was a little MIDI-sh, but I didn´t feel that much bothered by it. And if my head didn´t get it, my tumbs and right leg sure did, cause at the end they didn´t do much else than shaking along the rhytm. Maze gave those muppets a tougher look, and he succeded. I just say: HIT THAT DOWNLOAD BUTTON!

• 2 years later...

I'm not completely into that synth distorted guitar, but it's passable, and beyond that, this mix is excellent. What really saves it from lounge boredom is the drums and bass; I went to a wedding about 5 years back and at the reception they had this lame-ass vibes player and an upright bass and no one chilled or danced or anything. Rather, people ate as fast as they could and then headed out. Not even an open bar could people around. However, if they had Mazedude kickin this out, they'd have partied all night, synth guitar or no.

The vibes are behind most of the time, but it's a good stylistic choice I think, and it gives the song a lot more character.

This is a great track, check it out.

• 1 year later...

I have to echo OA here in saying I don't like the distorted guitar either, however, it's not so bad that it ruins the entire song, other than that, the rest of the mix is awesome. It's very stylized and chilled, but the bass and drums save form going into what I'd consider 'true' lounge territory.

A definite must grab from Mazedude.

• 11 months later...

Every once in awhile I get the urge to hack into a public PA system and load it with video game music instead of whatever it is that they are playing. I haven't yet actually done this trick, nor do I know how, but still :D

I would definately start off with this song, and the slowly increase the pace, until the shoppers or whatever finally noticed :D

Anyway, on to the remix itself. Other people have mentioned the off beat vibes and the skips in the beat. Honestly I think it works really well. It keeps it from being a song that your brain just tunes out. I like it a lot and its part of my growing collection of relatively slow songs from this site. :)

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00538 - Lemmings (DOS) "Lounge Lemmings"