Milky Way Wishes: A Kirby Super Star Tribute - History

Arek the Absolute

Ugh, I hated that this project fell apart.

Same as the Banjo Kazooie Project.

I'm worried the Link's Awakening Project is never going to come out....

Three totally worthy games...still, I understand the problem. The effort that goes into these things is MASSIVE. Like, hard-core mecha-extreme. And it's plainly obvious when you listen to an OCR project versus a random one that the OCR project is a labour of both love and some serious skills.

At least we have DKC2 to look forward to...I wonder if the Milky Way Wishes people could all just throw what they've got on the table. I don't know how far the album has progressed, but, if it's songs short, maybe with enough requests someone will take it up? Bit-by-bit, the project, though not so much a project, could just be limped onto OCR, not as an official deal, but at least to give people like Binjovi here a little more credit for their undoubtedly amazing work. I mean, Ska Buffet is in the works...there may yet be hope!

Um... no, actually, Arek flat out said he's not gonna finish the project.

Well I was talking based on something Arek told me over IRC a few weeks ago, but he could have changed his mind since then. That would be sad though. I suggested that it would be a good move to just gather everything that there is for this project, organize it, and release the album. He sounded like he was interested in doing that. Oh well. I really wanted to see this released and listen to it, too.

My song for MWW is like five years old now:

Basically for it to become project material, I would definitely have to redo it, and I probably wouldn't make a song like that, or take it in that direction...

That being said, go ahead and listen to this old song :(

http://www.songportal.org/katie/robos/wips/Monobrow%20-%20(dream%20within%20dream)1.mp3

My song for MWW is like five years old now:

Basically for it to become project material, I would definitely have to redo it, and I probably wouldn't make a song like that, or take it in that direction...

That being said, go ahead and listen to this old song :(

http://www.songportal.org/katie/robos/wips/Monobrow%20-%20(dream%20within%20dream)1.mp3

That was a very nice one!!

I've not been able to be as involved in the day-to-day of OCR lately, and haven't had the time to get involved with discussion of this.

I just PMed Arek on his decision to cancel this with no formal release of anything. I'm not down with the work here fading away or not being recognized, and that's basically what will happen if nothing's done. None of the staff had an opportunity to review the content, and that prevents us from making an educated decision on whether we should attempt to release something. I say let's take a listen to the muzak and WIPs, and if it's as cool as this art, let's do something with it. We have smaller albums, we have other concept albums, we have albums that include WIPs as bonus material. I think it's too impulsive to dismiss the work outright; let's take the opportunity to assess what's there and decide if we can release it.

Holy Freakin' Carp! 8O

The visual art here is Amazing!

But this thread really warms my heart. :-)

let's take the opportunity to assess what's there and decide if we can release it.

Especially when there's talk like this going on. ;-)

Come on Liontamer, make this project live again.

^ What this guy said.

I have to admit, that's really cool.

I've not been able to be as involved in the day-to-day of OCR lately, and haven't had the time to get involved with discussion of this.

I just PMed Arek on his decision to cancel this with no formal release of anything. I'm not down with the work here fading away or not being recognized, and that's basically what will happen if nothing's done. None of the staff had an opportunity to review the content, and that prevents us from making an educated decision on whether we should attempt to release something. I say let's take a listen to the muzak and WIPs, and if it's as cool as this art, let's do something with it. We have smaller albums, we have other concept albums, we have albums that include WIPs as bonus material. I think it's too impulsive to dismiss the work outright; let's take the opportunity to assess what's there and decide if we can release it.

You are my goddamn hero.

Wow, this is a blast from the past.

I remember working on these art spreads years ago with KWarp, and I agree with the general sentiment that it was a shame this project never amounted to anything. Everybody put a lot of time and effort into this thing.

Here are 3 of the spreads I made for it if anyone wants to see, I will post the next 2 in the next post because it's not letting me post all 5

Sorry I dunno where my artwork is atm. Since my old HDD was formatted by mistake, most my things were on CDs and DVDs. Since those atm are in a box (moving this week) I cannot show you any of the finished work. Hopefully by this Saturday I can.

Though it seems I still hold some of my old Scetches I did messing around with ideas. Here's a few: