Milky Way Wishes: A Kirby Super Star Tribute - History

Arek the Absolute

I have three songs from this project: Two from Usa and one from Mazedude. I'll post 'em up when I have the chance.

Usa still has his songs, but I'm not sure how he would feel about people just "posting" them here. He really wanted that album to be released, and I think part of why he is not here as a regular user is because of events stemming from stuff that happened with this and other music in the past. Stuff that I didn't witness but whatever. You could ask him about the songs of course, he is very easy to contact.

Oh yeah, almost forgot! If I recall correctly, NeoForte was really busy at one point, and couldn't spend the time needed to get some of his pics finished. We collabed with him doing most of the original art, and me providing a quick color job.

With this second one, NeoForte did the coloring on the characters, I just provided the background.

I want to thank everyone for the support shown here. It'd be awesome if we could manage to release something with all this stuff. I've been dying to hear the music and see the artwork from this project for quite some time now.

I've not been able to be as involved in the day-to-day of OCR lately, and haven't had the time to get involved with discussion of this.

I just PMed Arek on his decision to cancel this with no formal release of anything. I'm not down with the work here fading away or not being recognized, and that's basically what will happen if nothing's done. None of the staff had an opportunity to review the content, and that prevents us from making an educated decision on whether we should attempt to release something. I say let's take a listen to the muzak and WIPs, and if it's as cool as this art, let's do something with it. We have smaller albums, we have other concept albums, we have albums that include WIPs as bonus material. I think it's too impulsive to dismiss the work outright; let's take the opportunity to assess what's there and decide if we can release it.

THANK YOU! I'm kinda sad that this would otherwise get ignored. I'm downloading this artwork like a fiend - I see no reason why those people who worked their butts off should get no recognition. This is some amazing work and it deserves to be known and shared.

Thank you, Liontamer!

Oh thank goodness I'm not the only one who felt this way! I was so upset over the fact that Arek was simply going to drop the project without a word :( The art various users have posted are fantastic stuff. I hope there's enough material here to get a release of some sort. Oh I'm so excited now! XD Hope is not lost after all <3

Book 1

01. Kirby no Nozomi (Milky Way Wishes) - OverCoat

02. Dream Within Dream (Save Hut) - Monobrow

03. Welcome to the Galaxy (Flying Through Outer Space) - halc

04. THE BEST 2 Minutes 14 Seconds OF YOUR LIFE (Peanut Plain) - ProtoDome

05. Grape Soda (Grape Garden) - halc, ProtoDome

06. Don't Hold My Breath (Candy Mountain) - Benjamin Briggs

07. Mummy Dance (Trees in the Depths of the Earth) - Mazedude

08. Spelunking in Space (Cocoa Cave) - Hylian Lemon

09. Chef Kawasaki's 16-Bit Jazz Orchestra - Walkway of Stars (Taking Over the Halberd) - ProtoDome

10. Victory Festival (Victory Star 3) - Geoffrey Taucer, Usa

11. The Incredible Star Machine (Marx's Theme) - halc

12. A Reminiscence (Staff Roll) - Ergosonic

Book 2

01. GO! GO! GO! (Kirby Super Star) - ProtoDome

02. Bias, Groove (Float Islands) - Insert Rupee

03. Blowing Bubbles in Space (Bubbly Clouds) - halc

04. A Green, Green Dedede (King Dedede's Theme) - Sir_NutS

05. Kirb Your Enthusiasm(Marshmallow Castle) - Brandon Strader, halc

06. The Ballad of Meta Knight (Meta Knight Defeated) - halc

07. The Kirb Reich (Green Greens) - Brandon Strader

08. The Savior of Dreamland (Gladiator Kirby) - Sixto Sounds

09. Samurai Kirby (Boss Battle) - Mazedude

10. So Easy (King Dedede's Theme) - PrototypeRaptor

11. Ska Buffet (All You Can Eat: Dirty Version) (Run, Kirby, Run!) - The OverClocked Plaid Muffins

( 'o')<

Edited by halc