Milky Way Wishes: A Kirby Super Star Tribute - History

Arek the Absolute

For the record, the idea for this project was thought up by Arek without knowledge of Rise of the Star prior to its release (although how he didn't know about Rise of the Star is anyone's guess O_o;).

So no, it's not a Kirby copycat project. End of story.

Hold on, who said it was? Did somebody say that?

Or are you just saying it so people don't start thinking it's a copycat project?

Exactly.

I may be able to help with line art if neccessary. I've made many pictures for I, Mario and this is a nice change of pace.

If you wanna see examples:

A Snifit

Bowser's Palace

And a Kirby picture I doodled for that Art Rage thread a while back.

Sadly Super Star is just about the only Kirby game I haven't played all the way through. So I'll need to do a bit of research.

Hello people, KWarp here. As Arek said before, I'm co-running this project with him. Seems like I'll be primarily managing the artisty side of project. Very few details have been worked out with the art it this point, and I'm not about to throw out requirements without hearing what the artists would like to do first.

Speaking of which, those who are skeptical about how the storybook will work out should take a look at this Flash Storybook Interface.

Arek, can you add that link to your first post as well? Things would be a great deal easier. :wink:

OK, as I already said, I'll take Dynablade Area 1 [Floria] - I won't be able to start on this before the next 4-5 weeks, though. I hope that's not a problem. Oh yeah, and if anyone needs a piano track for his/her mix, I offer my help here, as well (but I can only do it after I am back, so please bear with me)

Question: About how long should we be aiming for with these tracks? A couple minutes? And each track is a chapter? And to each chapter, you will set in some kid friendly theme story of each stage? Should we just wait then, for the exacts of the story, and then start working on the music, etc?

What is the workflow going to be like, is my general question, I guess.

I guess for my chapter...Kirby goes into peaceful place and saves his game...that's...well that's pretty simple. Anyway, I've got some stuff done. That's about it.

Oh and, IF I manage to make any time, I could help you with artwork, probably later on...I'm actually better at that than music. So we will see I guess.

There are two options I've been thinking about for the music and how it will fit into the project.

1) We can make the book scroll along like a movie, and coordinate each chapter in time with its remix.

2) Or, we can give the viewer more freedom to flip where they want to once the text is done scrolling (or before it's done even). They can stick around and listen to the remix, or move through as they please.

I'm probably going to fall towards option 2 as I strongly doubt we can write a plot that takes as long to read as an hour of music. Even if we could, most viewers would become really bored by then. All the music from the storybook will probably be released seperately as an album anwyay.

There's also the possibility for remixers to make a full song for the album and a shorter version for the storybook. How would you guys (the musicians) feel about that? :?