Milky Way Wishes: A Kirby Super Star Tribute - History

Arek the Absolute

The code is really something isn't it? I was pretty lucky to have found it. It's a bit glitchy if you're not careful though (for example, the text on the cover page disappears when the page is turning).

Does anyone have an mp3 of the Dynablade Area 3 song, from Cavios?

I'm no remixer, but I think it would make a decent drum n bass song.

Clicky

If anyone else needs an mp3 from the game, talk to me. :wink:

The remix list has been updated.

To monobrow, I am in full agreement with Kwarp. We can let it be so that the reader themself has a choice in either listening to the full mix or just continuing on. Though, again as Kwarp suggested, it would be cool if you crazy remixers come up with a shorter version of your songs for the book...but I really don't know how all that would work properly :?

*sigh* Kirby :)

You know, Kirby's Dream Land was the first video game I ever beat? Good memories. My brother was always stuck at Dee Dee Dee and couldn't figure out how to beat him. I fealt so proud when I was able to tell him I beat the game on my own. Me and brother always had a huge video game rivalry. Kirby always brings back great memories. Whatever you need me to draw, just ask.

*lol* Thanks for the fast feedback! I'm kinda having some kind of creative frenzy right now. I'm almost done with the next part already, it will continue the guitar strums in the background, and a solo violin takes over the next part. Without expression in the violin play, I could already post it here, but I don't feel like it, it sounds soooo mechanical *lol* but the most important thing: I got hold of my ideas and put them into the sequencer :) And that's what counts! I can always refine it later...

*lo* Thanks for the fast feedback! I'm kinda having some kind of creative frenzy right now. I'm almost done with the next part already, it will continue the guitar strums in the background, and a solo violin takes over the next part. Without expression in the violin play, I could already post it here, but I don't feel like it, it sounds soooo mechanical *lol* but the most important thing: I got hold of my ideas and put them into the sequencer :) And that's what counts! I can always refine it later...
Oui oui, you suck!

OOH! CLEVER JOKE ABOUT THE UNITED STATES AND FRANCE!

Anyways, Nice work.

Yeah, it'd be pretty funny, but Usa doesn't = USA. :P

*lo* Thanks for the fast feedback! I'm kinda having some kind of creative frenzy right now. I'm almost done with the next part already, it will continue the guitar strums in the background, and a solo violin takes over the next part. Without expression in the violin play, I could already post it here, but I don't feel like it, it sounds soooo mechanical *lol* but the most important thing: I got hold of my ideas and put them into the sequencer :) And that's what counts! I can always refine it later...
Oui oui, you suck!

OOH! CLEVER JOKE ABOUT THE UNITED STATES AND FRANCE!

Anyways, Nice work.

Yeah, it'd be pretty funny, but Usa doesn't = USA. :P

Right, right! *applaudes Kyle* It's from Japan, not from the USA - a short form of the word "usagi", meaning "rabbit".

Okay, this is my wip for the save point...it's a piano lullaby thingy...I need to refine my piano mastering a lot, and do some things about a couple of parts...ESPECIALLY 0:59...I may need to tone down on the reverb a tad too..but anyway, this is just basically me putting notes down. :-)

http://www.tindeck.com/audio/my?loc=3rz2r-Monobrow_%20-_%20KirbySuperStar%20_-_%20Savepoint%20Lullaby.mp3

Also, not much attention has been given to the plot. We need to talk about that more.

Yeah, I would like to know more about the story before I put pencil to paper. At the moment, I don't even know what exact style this will be done in either.

Yeah, the drawing style is quite undecided for now. There's really two directions we can go with that:

1) We can pursue a graphic style similar to Kirby's Dreamland 3. The style here looks like it was drawn by a kid with a box of crayons. It would fit very nicely into the kind of project we're doing, but it's also a somewhat difficult style to draw in.

image.png

2) We can stick with the full-color style that made Kirby Super Star so distinguishable. Color here is thick, lush, and very balanced. This is probably something artists would have an easier time drawing considering the source material is in the same style.

13.jpg

Personally, I'd lean towards #2 because that's how I like to draw. What do you guys think?

Kwarp and I have been talking, and we believe it would be best if we started the writing sometime next month. He will be out of town for a month, so we will not all be able to gather in a group for what we are planning.

oh and before I forget, I am scrapping my story. I want to work with the writers personally so that we can create awesome chapters one a time, though again it won't start till sometime next month.

Thank you for your patience in the matter writers!

Kwarp and the rest of you guys, keep up the friggin goodwork!

EDIT: I like the idea for #2 of kwarps suggestion. it would really fit well with the Kirby superstar feel. Again, keep up the awesome stuff guys. without you, this wouldn't be here ^_^

I always thought the style from Dreamland 3 always seemed like the best visual representation for Kirby from an artistic perspective, but I don't really mind what's used. It could be the Art Deco style Darkesword wanted for his project for all I care.

I just don't wanna start working on artwork until I have a firm grasp of understanding for what I'm going to be drawing.