Milky Way Wishes: A Kirby Super Star Tribute - History

Arek the Absolute

Hey guys! A quick, but important, update.

Refelos has graciously created these badges for everyone, so if you are part of one of these sections for the project, pimp them out! :)

writer6lq.jpg

music3hb.jpg

artist2cn.jpg

And of course, use your own file hosting. My sn for photobucket is long anyways, so I don't think you would want to waste "precious" character spaces on it :wink:

Anyhow, other than that, I updated the remix request list. Thanks for signing on guys!

Okay, this is my wip for the save point...it's a piano lullaby thingy...I need to refine my piano mastering a lot, and do some things about a couple of parts...ESPECIALLY 0:59...I may need to tone down on the reverb a tad too..but anyway, this is just basically me putting notes down. :-)

http://www.tindeck.com/audio/my?loc=3rz2r-Monobrow_%20-_%20KirbySuperStar%20_-_%20Savepoint%20Lullaby.mp3

:(

Edit: Oh cool, badges :)

Okay, this is my wip for the save point...it's a piano lullaby thingy...I need to refine my piano mastering a lot, and do some things about a couple of parts...ESPECIALLY 0:59...I may need to tone down on the reverb a tad too..but anyway, this is just basically me putting notes down. :-)

http://www.tindeck.com/audio/my?loc=3rz2r-Monobrow_%20-_%20KirbySuperStar%20_-_%20Savepoint%20Lullaby.mp3

:(

Edit: Oh cool, badges :)

What is wrong miss monobrow? Oh, might as well comment on it :)

It is pretty good so far as Kwarp said. I see nothing really wrong with it. Keep up the very nice work.

Very well done, Monobrow! I really enjoy your WIP, especially the spaciousness of the sound! Keep it up :)

And, for mine, I just upped the first WIP of the second part, and oh yeah, got a chord wrong in the first one, this is fixed now, as well...Enjoy!

Ya...I am thining that we will really need to make some cuts on the writers and artists. We REALLY appreciate all of you guys wanting to be part of this, but we really do not want to over complicate things with having too many people. We might have some sort of screening process, but that still up to discussion.

Sorry guys, but worry not! Just show us what you can do, and we will most likely keep ya.

Stay tuned...

This sounds awesome. :D

I'm up for Milky Way Overworld, I would take credits, but I don't feel I could do it justice on my own. However, if anyone would be interested in some kind of collaboration on that track I'd be happy to help.

If you need some kind of proof that I can remix or something, check out this or this.

Awesome. Welcome aboard.

And, for mine, I just upped the first WIP of the second part, and oh yeah, got a chord wrong in the first one, this is fixed now, as well...Enjoy!

Oh yeah, I might add that I'm not yet content with the violin playing, consider it a crude WIP :)

Yes, and I have the feeling some of the chords at the very end aren't quite fitting... Anyone can help out on this? I already tried out a lot of combinations so some help would really speed this up :)

Hello there all, I'm a friend of Arek. I've pretty much joined the OCRemix forums for the sole purpose of helping with this project, I will be a co-art coordinator for this project along with KWarp.

Now, that the introduction is done with...

The direction that we're currently looking to go with for the art, since this is going to end up being a sort of children's story book type thing, is sort of a crayon-ish Kirby Dreamland 3 look with little white paper cut-out backgrounds around the characters sort of like this:

Mahoraba_ep3.jpg

KWarp and I agree that this will give this project sort of a uniqueness to the art. I'll post a tutorial on how to create this effect in photoshop in a day or so. And if needs be, I can do the effect for other people.

The direction that we're currently looking to go with for the art, since this is going to end up being a sort of children's story book type thing, is sort of a crayon-ish Kirby Dreamland 3 look with little white paper cut-out backgrounds around the characters sort of like this:

Mahoraba_ep3.jpg

Awwwww, cute! I love it :)

Very nice. I like the rotation of the instruments. One minor gripe: the pauses feel sorta empty until the guitar jumps in on beat 4. Since the tempo is so slow, it sorta stands out. I know the remix is supposed to be laid back and such, but the pauses just sound empty. The original had all the drum stuff going on to fill said pauses. Then again, I'm nitpicking. Maybe you'll want to change that, maybe not. :?

I'd like to do "BEgin Treasure Hunting"

As it's very similar to Green Greens (if I am getting the song right. Anyone have an mp3 to confirm)

To thw WIP: I like it, but your samples really suck for the clarinet and (piccolo)? The bassoon sounds amazing and really full, which seems a little out of place. Otherwise... I love it.

I think treasure hunting will be for guitar, piccolo, xylophone and something else maybe. We'll see :)

To thw WIP: I like it, but your samples really suck for the clarinet and (piccolo)? The bassoon sounds amazing and really full, which seems a little out of place. Otherwise... I love it.

Maybe I can do something about the flute and the clarinet by adding more dynamics to them. I also have another clarinet sound with hefty vibrato, but I think it's a bit out of place in an arrangement like this. I prefer the simple one. Of course, the whole mix would sound much better if it would have been played on real instruments...but I only have that keyboard, so I have no other choice :)

Very nice. I like the rotation of the instruments. One minor gripe: the pauses feel sorta empty until the guitar jumps in on beat 4. Since the tempo is so slow, it sorta stands out. I know the remix is supposed to be laid back and such, but the pauses just sound empty. The original had all the drum stuff going on to fill said pauses. Then again, I'm nitpicking. Maybe you'll want to change that, maybe not. :?

I think the pauses in the original are the same, no drums and no other sound until beat 4, sometimes there is a drum fill with one hit before beat 4, but most of the time it's as empty, and with all the drums and other thingies going on in the original, I think the pause is even more noticable there.

But a friend of mine whom I showed the WIP a few hours ago also disliked it, but could not give me a reason for it, he said he didn't like the rhythm and also doesn't like the melody too much.

Oh yeah, and by the way, I will add percussion to the later parts of the mix, just the beginning is so laid-back (and I think this is kinda cool in some way)

Maybe I can do something about the flute and the clarinet by adding more dynamics to them. I also have another clarinet sound with hefty vibrato, but I think it's a bit out of place in an arrangement like this. I prefer the simple one. Of course, the whole mix would sound much better if it would have been played on real instruments...but I only have that keyboard, so I have no other choice :)

I think the pauses in the original are the same, no drums and no other sound until beat 4, sometimes there is a drum fill with one hit before beat 4, but most of the time it's as empty, and with all the drums and other thingies going on in the original, I think the pause is even more noticable there.

But a friend of mine whom I showed the WIP a few hours ago also disliked it, but could not give me a reason for it, he said he didn't like the rhythm and also doesn't like the melody too much.

Oh yeah, and by the way, I will add percussion to the later parts of the mix, just the beginning is so laid-back (and I think this is kinda cool in some way)

You're absolutely right. The main difference lies in the fact that your mix is (I'm guessing) 112 BPM and the original is (also guessing) 184 BPM. As a result, one beat of rest in your piece is .5357 seconds, whereas a beat of rest in the .spc is but .3261 seconds, making your pause (even though it is the same number of beats) 164% as long in real time. But some drums and other percussion should alleviate that feeling of hanging and give the song a smoother feel.

Yes, I'm a nerd. :wink:

Like "omgz". If we were mathematicians, we wouldn't be doing music, here! XD

Er... I'd like to pick a track, but I want to make sure I have the time for it. But then by the time I'm sure, all the good tracks are gone! How horrible.

Very well done, Monobrow! I really enjoy your WIP, especially the spaciousness of the sound! Keep it up :)

Thanks...yeah I usually do stuff that has a huge amount of stuff going on...so I tried this for a change...To keep it simple, but not overly boring. I just hope I can end it in a way I'm happy with. I'm trying to go for some notes being off...as if a child was playing it...though some parts of the song have a more mature sound to them. I'm about half and half here...

About your WIP: I did notice how the chord was wrong in the first WIP actually, but I just took it as "artistic" license or something...Nice to hear it the way it was in the original though. I am liking what I hear so far...it certainly has a light and carefree style. Maybe that in itself just rubs your friend the wrong way...I myself like it.

Edit: The pause with the guitar is fine too...it just reminds the listener that this is a light hearted kirby mix...I myself think this mix is just the right tempo...it leaves enough time for each instrument to be explored in their little way, then in the silence of the guitar transition, the next instrument jumps in. It expresses simplicity, I guess.

I also like that violin instrument...it's very charming, especially when it goes a tad off key. For some reason, it makes me think of Sim City...strange...but anyway, nice.