Milky Way Wishes: A Kirby Super Star Tribute - History

Arek the Absolute

Eh.. are you still looking for artists? I was thinking of joining up, but I wasn't really sure before and now it seems you've enough artists as it is. I can post examples if you're still looking or something.

I got here via Rainbow Resort, so I'm not a regular here. Does that matter?

Writers: We will be working together to create each chapter one by one. We will have to get in contact by AIM or some other chat program. Production on this section will not start until some time next month when KWarp gets back from his trip. Sorry for the delay :?
Awesome banners. Now' date=' just waiting for an assignment, or I'm gonna start writing something.

Arek? Anyone?

~.C.S.~[/quote']

:?

Pay attention Claado, you silly boy.

I'd rather do AIM.

I've discovered there are quite a few people out there that still don't understand what the point of this project is, so here's the goal explained in the simplest of terms.

OK, the point of this project is to take the Milky Way Wishes chapter from Kirby Super Star, and retell its story in the form of a child-friendly storybook.

Arek, you'll probably want to put that at the very top of your first post.

You're absolutely right. The main difference lies in the fact that your mix is (I'm guessing) 112 BPM and the original is (also guessing) 184 BPM. As a result, one beat of rest in your piece is .5357 seconds, whereas a beat of rest in the .spc is but .3261 seconds, making your pause (even though it is the same number of beats) 164% as long in real time. But some drums and other percussion should alleviate that feeling of hanging and give the song a smoother feel.

I learned something today...

I'd like to do "BEgin Treasure Hunting"

As it's very similar to Green Greens (if I am getting the song right. Anyone have an mp3 to confirm)

Nope. You're way off. The song that sounds like Green Greens is called Later Treasure Hunting, and it ain't in this project. :?

I'm intrigued as this project rolls on. I'm currently talking to a Jordex to do a collab with me. I have a few questions though. What exactly is the time frame here? I've noticed that most projects take a while. If so that does give me time to get things arranged and begin writing music. Let me know whats up.

ATTENTION ARTISTS!!!

Tutorial for creating the paper cut-out effect is up:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/carefreecaptain/PaperCutOutTut.jpg

Forgive, the quality, I had to do that so that it wouldn't be resized when I uploaded it.

Very nice work there CC

I am putting up in the first page as we speak :)

And Pippins, ya, this project will take a while. I am guessing 6 months +.

I know we will get this done though :)

ATTENTION ARTISTS!!!

Forgive, the quality, I had to do that so that it wouldn't be resized when I uploaded it.

Very nice work there CC

Really? Got room for two more? :wink:

Hmph... now I have to learn Photoshop of theGimp. Flash can't make crayony graphics.

... how do you make crayony graphics? 8O

Well, I have two ideas...

1) Draw and color it with crayons and scan it :P

2) Use a brush in your CG program that gives a sort of crayon-ish look to your picture.

And I'm sure people who use illustrator have even better tools ^-^.

ATTENTION ARTISTS!!!

Very nice work there CC

It's wierd alot of my posts get buried at the bottom of a page :cry: . But Jordex and I would like to tackle remixing the end theme to metaknights revenge as a collaboration. Does that sound ok with you?

Hmph... now I have to learn Photoshop of theGimp. Flash can't make crayony graphics.

... how do you make crayony graphics? 8O

Try looking for pastels -- preferably chalk pastels. They allow greater control than real crayons if you're gonna do it by hand. And you should be able to find some free plug-ins or something for Photoshop. Art Rage had a nice pastel brush, though I can't remember the link, but basically it's a free (exeedingly) watered down version of Corel Painter.

EDIT: Found the link.

ATTENTION ARTISTS!!!

Very nice work there CC

It's wierd alot of my posts get buried at the bottom of a page :cry: . But Jordex and I would like to tackle remixing the end theme to metaknights revenge as a collaboration. Does that sound ok with you?

As cool as that sounds, that song isn't in Milkyway Wishes. We want songs that were involved in that game, and that game only. The reason Mt Dedede and Battle with Metaknight are involved are because....well...I can't say becuase "it's a secret to everyone"

ATTENTION ARTISTS!!!

Very nice work there CC

As cool as that sounds, that song isn't in Milkyway Wishes. We want songs that were involved in that game, and that game only. The reason Mt Dedede and Battle with Metaknight are involved are because....well...I can't say becuase "it's a secret to everyone"

Ahhhh I understand. Well I'm still up for doing a mix with Jordex. Is that cool? We are still deciding on a track as we speak. I'm swaying towards flying inside of nova. But this may take a bit.

*Edit* We've narrowed it down to Kirby Arrives on the scene and Dynablade area 3.

Writers: We will be working together to create each chapter one by one. We will have to get in contact by AIM or some other chat program. Production on this section will not start until some time next month when KWarp gets back from his trip. Sorry for the delay :?
Awesome banners. Now' date=' just waiting for an assignment, or I'm gonna start writing something.

Arek? Anyone?

~.C.S.~[/quote']

I'm a bad, bad bear...

[/southparkjoke]

Yeah, didn't read enough, apparently. Alright. Well, I'm going to do my best to get acquainted with the game and try to hone my skills for this particular endeavor. Easy, children's writing is not.

~.C.S.~

Arek? Anyone?

~.C.S.~[/quote']

I'm a bad, bad bear...

[/southparkjoke]

Yeah, didn't read enough, apparently. Alright. Well, I'm going to do my best to get acquainted with the game and try to hone my skills for this particular endeavor. Easy, children's writing is not.

~.C.S.~

...and then the children rode the unicorns to a magical celebration in fairy land! The end!

See? Not hard at all. XD