Milky Way Wishes: A Kirby Super Star Tribute - History

Arek the Absolute

Writers: We will be working together to create each chapter one by one. We will have to get in contact by AIM or some other chat program. Production on this section will not start until some time next month when KWarp gets back from his trip. Sorry for the delay :?
Awesome banners. Now' date=' just waiting for an assignment, or I'm gonna start writing something.

Arek? Anyone?

~.C.S.~[/quote']

:?

Pay attention Claado, you silly boy.

I'm a bad, bad bear...

[/southparkjoke]

Yeah, didn't read enough, apparently. Alright. Well, I'm going to do my best to get acquainted with the game and try to hone my skills for this particular endeavor. Easy, children's writing is not.

~.C.S.~

...and then the children rode the unicorns to a magical celebration in fairy land! The end!

See? Not hard at all. XD

Pick a song already and stop foolin around :wink:

Arek I'm having a lot of trouble picking a song. It seems as if everything remotely takeable to my style is well... taken.

I really dunno what to do, I really really want to arrange for this project! I was there from the beginning.

What is the end credits track supposed to be like? WHat's begin treasure hunting (I can't find a mid of it anywhere...)

Argh... what a distressing situation.

Worry not dear sir! I still wonder why you can't find Begin Treasure Hunting. You try looking at the RSN file?

Anyhow, I am saving the ending theme for pixietricks. I want it to be the coup de grace...or something. Just a really good ending to the project, which I know she will do perfectly. If you wish to work with her on it, that would be cool. Just PM or something and work something out :)

Also, as KWarp has said before, if any of you are having trouble finding the music for a track, just contact him! He has a track for every song, I believe. A good source indeed if you need some help.

Alright I'll be signed up for begin treasure hunting I think. I'm really liking the idea of doing piccolo, light percussion, guitar and some xylophone.

I'm warning, I dunno what I'll do about production. I'm a classical musician, not really familliar with production (I can use fruity loops but I"m not amazing). I'll probably record the piccolo part (hopefully!) but we'll see...

I may need help with that.

So yeah, begin treasure hunting (hotbeat) is mine!

My suggestion is taking a peek at what some children's movies do for the darker/battle tracks. My impression is make it COMICALLY dark. Look at yoshi's story OST - that would be an EXCELLENT reference for this project. The dark tracks are... well... it's dark but only a 'rainy bad day' type dark, if that makes sense. Stick to lighter instrumentation, avoiding electric guitars and stuff. Swelling, quiet strings with a lead more comical xylophone, I dunno.

Just my idea :)

(to confirm, Hotbeat is MINE now, and I have ideas. Will start work tomorrow)

Hey, I've been just laying out the melody from the .rsn (havent made any substantial progress YET. :lol: ), and, a few questions came to mind. Firstly, do you have any deadlines planned (first wip, final deadlines, ect.), and, are there deadlines for the writers? As I move into writing my song, I would like to see what the writer writing chapter 2 (or whatever Grape Garden is in) will be writing so I can push my song toward the feel of that chapter.

Sorry if these are idiodic questions. I'll have a WIP probably within the next week or imediately after (just really busy this week).

Thanks. :lol:

Hey, I've been just laying out the melody from the .rsn (havent made any substantial progress YET. :lol: ), and, a few questions came to mind. Firstly, do you have any deadlines planned (first wip, final deadlines, ect.), and, are there deadlines for the writers? As I move into writing my song, I would like to see what the writer writing chapter 2 (or whatever Grape Garden is in) will be writing so I can push my song toward the feel of that chapter.

Sorry if these are idiodic questions. I'll have a WIP probably within the next week or imediately after (just really busy this week).

Thanks. :lol:

Well, there are no deadlines set yet. KWarp and I have yet to really get into details about that since this project is still in its "baby" phase. Expect, however, deadlines to pop up some time next week.

Writing, as some of you know, won't start until next month when KWarp gets back from his scheduled trip.

If you want to wait for chapter two to be made before you start your mix, I see no problem with it.

EDIT: Yes, there will be a deadline for writers as well. As soon as KWarp gets back, we are going to have to go into writing with full force. Don't worry, just because I am a writer does not mean I am not going to give them sympathy :)

EDIT: Arek posted at the same time as me. <(^_^; )>

Our ultimate goal is to complete this project before the end of the year if we don't encounter any setbacks. I'll leave the WIP dealines to Arek, although we really aren't going to have the project take off until next month due to the fact that various people are on vacation. :???:

About Marx's theme, you probably shouldn't go for too dark. I think I'll draw the line at Baby Bowser's (final) theme for Yoshi's Island. Anything darker than that is a little too scary for anyone. 8O

Er... I PMed KWarp regarding an artist position, and he instructed me to post my art here for more opinions...

Anyway, here are two quick things I've done; one took 10 minutes or so and the other 30. I usually spend around 5-10 hours on something.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v41/oltri/kirbybomb.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v41/oltri/angelkirbydoodle.jpg

If the lineart or colouring seems very basic, it's because of how long I spent on them. My serious stuff is more polished. If you want non-Kirby examples of lines and colouring, here are two:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v41/oltri/artsy/baleeted.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v41/oltri/artsy/hideseekfinal2.jpg

Expect that quality for the project, in whatever colouring style it will be. It might be too late, but.. yeah >_>;

Er... I PMed KWarp regarding an artist position, and he instructed me to post my art here for more opinions...

Anyway, here are two quick things I've done; one took 10 minutes or so and the other 30. I usually spend around 5-10 hours on something.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v41/oltri/kirbybomb.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v41/oltri/angelkirbydoodle.jpg

If the lineart or colouring seems very basic, it's because of how long I spent on them. My serious stuff is more polished. If you want non-Kirby examples of lines and colouring, here are two:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v41/oltri/artsy/baleeted.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v41/oltri/artsy/hideseekfinal2.jpg

Expect that quality for the project, in whatever colouring style it will be. It might be too late, but.. yeah >_>;

In my opinion, if you can keep the quality of work you have in the second two, you would be a great addition to the team... there are a lot of pictures to draw (I think) so Im sure there are quite a bunch of positions.

Anywho, on a site note, the ost for Marx is in some crazy time signature which I cant easily recognize, so Im going to bend it a bit and change it to 3/4 time.

Whoah, good stuff Oltri. You're in unless Arek objects.

I just gave a listen to Marx's theme. It sounds like 3 different time signatutres at once, so it might be in 12/8.:P I'd like to hear what it sounds like in 3/4 though.

EDIT: Arek posted at the same time as me.

About Marx's theme, you probably shouldn't go for too dark. I think I'll draw the line at Baby Bowser's (final) theme for Yoshi's Island. Anything darker than that is a little too scary for anyone. 8O

Awesome example. That is sort of how I was thinking it. Something dark, but not too dark.

Man....it would be a kick ass tune to hear all extremely darkish and such. I wouldn't mind if someone made a remix just for the heck of it of this theme :)

Edit: I see no problem with his stuff. He is in if you say so. As we said earlier though, I think we are pretty much done recruiting artists and writers.

I find that the mood is half the problem with remixing this. Dont get me wrong, I'll do it good ( :lol: ) but, I ususally like to make laid back ambient grooves, where here I'm gonna have to go really happy go lucky and... yeah.

It's good to know I have time before a first deadline is even set. I'll probably have a WIP before that happens.

I see no problem with his stuff. He is in if you say so. As we said earlier though, I think we are pretty much done recruiting artists and writers.

Ah, thanks for letting me join. I'm not a he, though...

In any case, I look forward to listening to all the remixes this project has to offer, as well as reading and looking at the story and illustrations =D The WIPs all sound great so far.

Haha, at least I have a (correct) gender now.

I agree, this project is gonna be great xD

There was a section in the first post where the artists and writers could show their work to the remixers for inspiration, and I'm thinking that could work the other way; the music could inspire the picture :D

Heheh I'm gonna have a lot of fun with that art style.