Milky Way Wishes: A Kirby Super Star Tribute - History

Arek the Absolute

I got sort of a middle eastern/south asian groove *I am part indian, it is ok for me to say that* from that, you know, a theme you would find for a desert or something. I wanted sort of someting like that. Very nice beginning. Make that flute a little more "desert-ish" *I really don't know how to explain it* and you got yourself a sure winner.

There will be at least 4 versions of this file.

800x600 resolution, Windows (.exe)

800x600 resolution, Mac (.hqx)

1024x768 resolution, Windows (.exe)

1024x768 resolution, Mac (.hqx)

hmm... Flash is compatible with both PCs and Macs, so you should be fine with SWF files.

Not really. Not everyone has the Flash player installed on their system, let alone the latest version. Also, of the computers I've used in the past 3 years, roughly half of them can't play swf files not embedded in a web page. Leaving them in projector files simplifies a lot of things.

Also Arek, the time it takes to adjust the stuff isn't anything to worry about. I can make .exe and .hqx files in seconds, and resizing everything only takes about 30 seconds per page. That's 50 minutes if the project spans 100 pages.

That sounds fair :D Maybe there can be an extra webpage of the "alternate covers" for people who wanna check them out, assuming there will be a site for this.

I'm guessing others will be asking this, so: What are the criteria for the cover? And what will the title of the "book" be?

Title will stay "Milkyway Wishes". It just fits the best.

The criteria? Whatever you wish. Goodluck :wink:

Onto the topic of compatability. Unlike Arek, who's fine if this project only gets out to the bulk of Windows users (bad, bad Arek), I want this book to be compatable with everything it can be. There will be at least 4 versions of this file.

800x600 resolution, Windows (.exe)

800x600 resolution, Mac (.hqx)

1024x768 resolution, Windows (.exe)

1024x768 resolution, Mac (.hqx)

There will also be a demo on the site containing the first chapter or so for viewers who haven't decided if they want to download the whole project yet.

Any objections/suggesions/death threats? If so now is the time to let your voice be heard!

One question:

Will there be support for Linux? If not natively, perhaps through WINE? I can always reboot, but hey, if you're going to make it compatible, less work for me. :)

Awesome Refelos, although it looks more like a movie preview poster rather than... I don't know. :?

I may as well let you guys know I'm a Cellist. I picked up some decent recording equipment last week and whipped up a little something. Keep in mind that I'm seriously out of practice (haven't touched the instrument since late May).

http://www.kwarp.com/mp3s/MetaknightCello.mp3 (I usually play much more in tune)

I think I'd be useful in the "Time To Learn" song or another of the songs with a low octave melody.

Uh... im gonna have to withdrawl from bein an artist. there is NO WAY i could do half the stuff you want without my photoshop :( but im still up for helping out with the story. I hate to admit it.. but kirby is harder to draw than i thought lol or atleast not as good as KWarps pics so ill just be a writer

and sorry but im a bit of a newbie to forums but how do i get the badge at the bottem of my posts?

how embarrasing...

Yeah, with Photoshop you can customize your brushes to make it look like you painted it with any medium imaginable. Actually, Corel Painter (IX) is even better for that, since there are a billion brushes and things already built in. I have Photoshop since my hobby is drawing and CG coloring, but my friend is a real artist and uses all those programs, so I can definitely vouch for Painter even without much personal experience.

Arek, you've done a horrible thing by choosing a game featuring a character whose design is just so *complicated and difficult* to reproduce. Ease up on the artists, okay?

Writing isn't any easier. :? 4 writers is already more than what seems managable.

This has brought something up, however. I've outlined how much art needs to be done (totally non-final) and it's amounted to quite a bit of work.

1 Cover page

5 Intro pics (this part describes that the sun and moon are fighting, Marx tells Kirby how to stop them, etc)

1 2-page-spanning overworld (aka the the area Kirby could land on any of the planets)

19 Kirby powers

7 planets (an illustration of what each planet looks like)

1 "?" star (secret planet I guess)

7 bosses (a picture of each boss)

7 When Nova Appears and Marx makes his wish

5 Nova (where Kirby flies to Nova and destroys it)

2 Marx (battle begins and ends)

2 Ending (Nova blows up, Scene of Sun and Moon around Popstar)

? End credits (this case is special, I don't know how many pics there will be)

That adds up to almost 60 pictures, and we haven't even included the scenarios for the Metaknight and Dedede music yet. We're going to need more artists. 10 total at the very least. 8O