Milky Way Wishes: A Kirby Super Star Tribute - History

Arek the Absolute

Whew, glad you posted this the day before I left. <(^_^; )>

I hope LAOS doesn't mind, but I quickly put together some sheet music of the Time to Learn/Training song and performed it.

Clicky

The melody itself is really quite easy. I didn't even need to put 5 minutes of practice to achieve the result above (that should be very evident :P). If LAOS (or any of the other remixers) are interested in having a live Cello performance in their remix, I'm more than up for it. The easier the part, the better I'll play it. :)

In the storybook, the Time to Learn song is going to play in the first few pages where there will be a small tutorial telling users how to use this book. Keeping it short would probably be acceptable. :wink:

BTW, wanna put a Cello in your remix?

WHOA!! 100% DONE!? 8O

Anywhoo, I made some final modifications to the demo before I have to leave for Africa. Everybody please look at it.

http://www.kwarp.com/demo.html

While on the trip, I'm bringing my sketchbook and will practice drawing most of Kirby's copy abilities. I call dibs on Yoyo, Plasma, and Cutter art for the project. :P

See ya'll in 5 weeks. Let me know what's going on with the project through email. KWarp11(at)gmail(dot)com

Whew, glad you posted this the day before I left. <(^_^; )>
I hope LAOS doesn't mind, but I quickly put together some sheet music of the Time to Learn/Training song and performed it.

Clicky

The melody itself is really quite easy. I didn't even need to put 5 minutes of practice to achieve the result above (that should be very evident :P). If LAOS (or any of the other remixers) are interested in having a live Cello performance in their remix, I'm more than up for it. The easier the part, the better I'll play it. :)

In the storybook, the Time to Learn song is going to play in the first few pages where there will be a small tutorial telling users how to use this book. Keeping it short would probably be acceptable. :wink:

BTW, wanna put a Cello in your remix?

OSNAP yes, that would work great, you offering? Reach me. Ah... there's the mp3 I see...

1) I really like the direction you are going with that Lord Maestro. No need to say it is crappy at all. Everyone is in basic agreement that that track is pretty nifty.

2) I just listened to MaliceX's remix. It is rather interesting. First of all, the mood feels like you are in some sort of space-ish/robotic place, so good job on that. The music itself is pretty good as well. Even though the original melody doesn't start until 1:00, the beginning has a feel of "mystery", just like what Kirby would feel when he went into Nova for the first time. Overall, the music is pretty good. I "dig" it. It is up to you if you want to show the others or not, but I think it would be a great idea considering we have a lot of talented remixers that can critique and help you if there is anything that you think should be changed or anything like that.

3)

If you guys still haven't made the cover for this, maybe I can help with it?

If so PM me telling me yes or no.

Thanks.

Thanks for the offer, but we are having a sort of "event" where every artist will create what they think is a cool idea for a cover and every member of the colab will vote for the best one. This way, it is a bit more fair to everyone who wanted to create the cover.

Im downloading now and I cant wait! Flying into Nova is my favorite song in Milkyway Wishes (and mabey in the whole Game).... damn dial up! HURRY!

EDIT: 8O THAT WAS AMAZING! It gave me goosbumps! Where to start? I love how you had some of the original music thrown in there. I agree with Arek, the first minute was definatly needed for the story element. The aspect of the song which I loved most: When you close your eyes, you can actualy see the story flipping through your head. Kirby flying into the unknown, then gets attacked by Nova's defence sytem. Then the music slows down a bit, that means Kirby is approching the heart. Then finaly the song starts to detiriate and Nova blows up. :D I'm still listening to it while writing this! Im no mixer but they way you made this song fit with the story part of the project is perfect. I wouldnt change a thing!

Outstanding work, old boy! Good show!

While on the trip, I'm bringing my sketchbook and will practice drawing most of Kirby's copy abilities. I call dibs on Yoyo, Plasma, and Cutter art for the project. :P

If thats how its gonna be for the artists, I'll take Ninja and Sword for now (I don't want to take all the good ones now) :wink:.

Now that I think about it... depending on the amount of artists we get, I think we should have each artist do 2-3 abilities and a boss and/or planet. I'll probably pick my last ability after some other artists have chosen theirs, and I've already illustrated the Computer Virus Boss.

So far we have:

KWarp: Abilities: Yoyo, Plasma, Cutter. Bosses/Planets: ---.

CarefreeCaptain: Abilities: Sword, Ninja. Bosses/Planets: Computer Virus.

Oltri: Abilities: Mirror, Fighter. Bosses/Planets: ---.

Hey guys it's KWarp. I'm posting from the airport on a connection that charges money so my time's limited.

I want the artists to keep in mind that each planet will probably have a color theme that's appropriate for the given planet. Probably green for Floria, blue for aqualiss, etc.

KEEP A SEPERATE COPY OF YOUR LINE ART IN CASE THE COLOR THEME OF THE PLANET YOU'RE DRAWING CHANGES!!!!

I'm going to visit this topic as much as I can.

You will be missed sir KWarp, but I am sure that CC and I can hold the fort for now. :)

Anyhow, DEADLINES PEOPLE! I think a good deadline for WIP's is August 20. If people have a problem that will hinder them from producing or submitting one by that time, SPEAK NOW. This will be posted on the first page with some minor wip locks.

Other than that, keep up the good work guys.

You will be missed sir KWarp, but I am sure that CC and I can hold the fort for now. :)

Anyhow, DEADLINES PEOPLE! I think a good deadline for WIP's is August 20. If people have a problem that will hinder them from producing or submitting one by that time, SPEAK NOW. This will be posted on the first page with some minor wip locks.

Other than that, keep up the good work guys.

I should have my final version in in the next few days...

Whoa. Making big moves already eh Arek? :wink: Posting from London btw. The flight crew was awesome (they all swore under their breath whenever there was a mishap. Total hilarity.). Jolly good place London is. These internet stations are everywhere. 8O

I dunno if LAOS can get a WIP in if I'm to play the melody for it. :?

Ill be in Aftrica in around 20 hours...

Posted some minor updates on the first page. The ability list is now up, so artists RESERVE YOURS N O W! Even though you won't be able to really work until each chapter is put out, I would like to see some concept art so that I know that you know how to do work with the art style that we have chosen. Don't forget that the cover contest is going on. I won't be accepting any late entries. NO exceptions. You have 10 days. Get on it :wink:

Also, remixers. You know what your WIP deadline is. If there is ANYTHING hindering you from turning in your work by then, please PM me NOW. Any late work will be looked down upon and might get you cut, and that's no fun :?

Anyhow, that is it for now. :wink:

I just wanted to post a quick first try here to find out if it was "spacey" or "ambient" enough.

http://64.124.20.70/connX/11/01/freemp3/ichitootah+kirbystorybookwip.mp3

Just to find out if you have any problem with where I'm going with this...

Edit: Are we gonna be cued with specific with specific time points in our tracks where we should, say, make a transition into major key for a particularly heartwarming line, or increase tempo, etc.?

Will one of the pages have a picture of Kirby defeating Marx? If so, which ability do you plan on having Kirby defeat him? Im thinking perhaps something heroic, like Sword, Beam (charged), or Figher (projectile kick). Or maybe he gathers all the strength he can and unleases a Crash attack, finishing Marx off.

Ichitootah: I hate to scream, but that WIP is ONE HELL OF A DRAMATISER!

Though the trailing reverb/sustained releases are a little too muddy. For the final piece, try to even out the sounds with a bit of equalization of the render. (If possible, but other than that, it sounds fine right now!)

Spaced Ambience is a beautiful thing.

Will one of the pages have a picture of Kirby defeating Marx? If so, which ability do you plan on having Kirby defeat him? Im thinking perhaps something heroic, like Sword, Beam (charged), or Figher (projectile kick). Or maybe he gathers all the strength he can and unleases a Crash attack, finishing Marx off.

I was thinking sword, cause it just looks cool :P.

Heya people. KWarp again. I'm finally down in Africa and stuck with dial-up. Nothing Firefox and disabling images can't handle though. :wink:

I think I'm going to drop Plasma Kirby and keep working on Cutter and Yoyo Kirby. I just can't make a good illumation effect with my current drawing ability. <(>_>)>

Totally up to the artist. :P

Quote:

I dont know if this is possible because of the delay on the writing portion, but mabey we should do the chapter art after we write the story or at least part of the story. Though it can still be done without the story, it will make the artists jobs a little easyer.

I just wanted to post a quick first try here to find out if it was "spacey" or "ambient" enough.

http://64.124.20.70/connX/11/01/freemp3/ichitootah+kirbystorybookwip.mp3

Just to find out if you have any problem with where I'm going with this...

I dont mean to dis you song, its realy cool and it does set up a spacey mood... but what song is that? Thats not in Milyway Wishes is it?

I dont know if this is possible because of the delay on the writing portion, but mabey we should do the chapter art after we write the story or at least part of the story. Though it can still be done without the story, it will make the artists jobs a little easyer.

I think the best way to handle this is to have the general plot outlined for the artists to work with. Next, the artists will outline their own work. Once the writers see the basic outline of all the art, both groups can hopefully finalize their work without conflicts.

Hey, it's like I'm not even gone. :P

Ichitootah: I hate to scream, but that WIP is ONE HELL OF A DRAMATISER!

Though the trailing reverb/sustained releases are a little too muddy. For the final piece, try to even out the sounds with a bit of equalization of the render. (If possible, but other than that, it sounds fine right now!)

Spaced Ambience is a beautiful thing.

I think I agree here, I also think the melody of the piano right before :02, then again at :05 and so on, sounds a little fake. (at that point, no other really...the piano overall is pretty nice) It's the progression of those notes or something. This may be a bit too early in the mix to say this, but lowering the volume on one or more of those three notes (preferably the 1st and 3rd) might solve the problem quick. I am thinking of what it would feel like to play those notes on a piano, and I wouldn't put the same amount of pressure on those keys...it doesn't sound or feel natural to me. So anyway...That's just nitpicking. It sounds pretty nice so far...makes me wonder what you plan on doing next with this.