Milky Way Wishes: A Kirby Super Star Tribute - History

Arek the Absolute

Would anyone have any luck funding a graphic (fairly large) of Kirby 'surfing' on a star? Or anything involving kirby and a star so I could incorporate it into a sort of background for the project's banner.

Here you go!

Oh yeah, and I know that you can't use the backgrounds repeatedly without making adjustments, I thought that you could do that (because it's not a problem for me). Just wanted to give you some nice starting images... OK, and for the buttons I would suggest using transparent PNGs and re-write the rollover engine because it's not preloading and the server is really slow, so you can't see the roll-over effect unless you wait for a long time. If you need any additional help, just ask me :)

Damn, I'd give anything to be at my home computer right now so I could outline a website design in Flash. 35 more days.. <(-_-)>

Oh yeah, more bad news. It seems my parents are taking me to Australia as soon as Winter break starts out on December 16th for the whole break (till Jan 2nd). So much for the project deadline..

Okay, so I've been trying to cut down the loading effort. I've decided to cut out the image menu buttons and go with onmouseover text changes instead. I don't know why I didn't do that in the first place because the end result will most likely be exactly the same as the image version (with NO loading time for the text changes).

I've reached a roadbump. I can't quite seem to get the transparent background pictures to work. In Photoshop I set the background to transparent (the sort of checkered background) and I saved it as a PNG. I thought that right there would be enough to make the background be transparent on the website, but instead it appears as a dark grey background. Am I completely skipping a step?

Nevermind! After some tinkering I found out how to make a transparent background. It's working really well now. This is good ... very good ... I never knew it was possible. I always thought you had to make the background of the image the same as the background from the webpage, which is hard to do if you have backgrounds that are really complex (such as space). Okay. I am happy now. It's going to be a lot easier from now on.

Unfortunately, I've spent far too much time this morning working on the whole thing that I'm late for my camping trip! I'll be back on tomorrow evening most likely. Until then, like always, my current progress can be found Right Here.

I made somewhat of a logo for the site. I still have to add another part to it ... this is just the "Milkyway Wishes" part. I was fooling around in photoshop and created it... I think it looks pretty neat, but it's not 100% done. I still have to add "an OCRemix collaboration project" at the bottom.

It can be found here: Yipee.

I made somewhat of a logo for the site. I still have to add another part to it ... this is just the "Milkyway Wishes" part. I was fooling around in photoshop and created it... I think it looks pretty neat, but it's not 100% done. I still have to add "an OCRemix collaboration project" at the bottom.

It can be found here: Yipee.

It looks pretty nice, but I think it would be a great idea to put it on the website at 100% of the original pixel size :)

Yea I'm not good with the graphic's programs ... so ...

If anyone would like to create the website's banner, go right ahead!

Specifications:

-It should say "Milkyway Wishes: an OCRemix Collaboration" or something very similar. Feel free to be creative.

-Incorporating kirby into the picture for brownie points

EITHER:

-Use of the Starry background that I've utilized on the webpage. You may find that picture HERE

OR:

-Use of transparent background (so it will match the webpage's current background).

Alright... this isn't necessary, but i'd enjoy the help. If it doesn't get done, then I'll probably do it myself (but don't expect it to look super-duper professional, hehe). I'm going to start focusing on the layout from now on.

Specifications:

-It should say "Milkyway Wishes: an OCRemix Collaboration" or something very similar. Feel free to be creative.

EITHER:

-Use of the Starry background that I've utilized on the webpage. You may find that picture: http://www.angelfire.com/rpg/justtesting/kirby/starrybg.gif (might need to add space at end of URL)

OR:

-Use of transparent background (so it will match the webpage's current background).

Alright... this isn't necessary, but i'd enjoy the help. If it doesn't get done, then I'll probably do it myself (but don't expect it to look super-duper professional, hehe). I'm going to start focusing on the layout from now on.

Specifications:

EITHER:

-Use of the Starry background that I've utilized on the webpage. You may find that picture HERE

OR:

Woa slick! Contact me before creating any sort of projects or ideas :)

Meh, it is all good. I am gonna use Ref's banner anyhow, so everyone don't worry about it.

I already told you I had one anyways weatherstorm. Such an air head :P

Oh, and *ahem*

Ok, here's my cover idea.

kirbycover0vt.th.jpg

Umm...I have a cover for the story...I could post it up tommarrow...if you want

Go ahead and post it! :P There's a contest going on for the cover, so I guess everyone's (the artists anyway) gonna make one and post it.

Oh, right, comments XD

I love the colouring style for that! So painterly and stuff, and the little planet stages are in the background too xD Only problem with it is that Kirby looks a bit odd, his arms might be a bit too thin. Really great otherwise, especially the detail in the star background. What program did you use for it?

Well, first I did a little bit of basic colors with Corel Painter, and then I took it into Photoshop CS2 and did the rest of the coloring there. The brush system is different now apparently, and the starry background is a pointallism preset now.

You're not the first person to mention the arms. I may have to go back and see if I can fix anything.

Okay, WIP time:

http://bol.white-raven.net/other/A%20Love%20Of%20Knowledge.mp3

I want this to be done and I've sort of hit a wall. It sort of sounds like it could be done already depening on how it's used.

Yes that's live accoustic accordian samples.

This wasn't recorded to tempo. A hi-fi stereo version is available for anyone interested in taking over...

Let me know what the general consensus is. I kind of never want to see it again... aside from within the project. :)

That hurts my ears. It'll hurt the childrens' ears worse. You don't want to hurt childrens' ears, do you?

I have zero mixing experience, and my computer sucks too much to change that - but if I were to give you some advice, either find a better harmonica player or replace it with an accordion. Or start from scratch.

Less Ashamed Of Self wrote:

Okay, WIP time:

http://bol.white-raven.net/other/A%20Love%20Of%20Knowledge.mp3

I want this to be done and I've sort of hit a wall. It sort of sounds like it could be done already depening on how it's used.

Yes that's live accoustic accordian samples.

This wasn't recorded to tempo. A hi-fi stereo version is available for anyone interested in taking over...

Let me know what the general consensus is. I kind of never want to see it again... aside from within the project. :)

That hurts my ears. It'll hurt the childrens' ears worse. You don't want to hurt childrens' ears, do you?

Thats being a little harsh. I didn't like it though, sorry. The main thing that was turned me off was "where is the rest of the song??" When it started off, the harmonica was slow and it was the only thing playing. Now im thinking "oh its going to pick up in a little bit" but it didn't. It did emulate being in a school and learning; I was bored out of my mind.

Project website moving right along!

Click here or have bad luck for the next 3,725 years of your life

Some things to ask:

1) I am not sure what to make the rightmost menu into. Any suggestions?

2) The "Starmap" logo looks a bit clunky. Any opinions what I can do to make it fit in?

3) How's the background for the main text?

Some things to say:

1) I am going to revamp the main banner.

2) I am going to revamp the topleft Kirby picture (it was taken off a website hosting kirby pictures. I want a new one but am not good with drawing such things on the computer).

3) One of kirby's sidekicks is going to grace the top right corner ... anybody have a favorite?

4) I think I might start creating Project webpages more often. This is fun.

I'd like to hear all comments!

3) One of kirby's sidekicks is going to grace the top right corner ... anybody have a favorite?

The coolest sidekick has to be Biospark(ninja). Or, if we are somehow incorporating him in the story, put Meta Knight in there.

The coolest sidekick has to be Biospark(ninja). Or, if we are somehow incorporating him in the story, put Meta Knight in there.

I have a suggestion. How about a different sidekick for each page? Maybe instead of having a bunch of mini Kirbys on the left of the screen, it could just be the one big Kirby, and mini sidekicks as link buttons, and when you click a link, the corresponding sidekick takes the top right corner. As for the main page, there could be a first sidekick picture and an added "Main" link with that sidekick.

Don't work too hard on the html site. The Flash site is to be the main one, while this one is to be the alternate for ultimate compatability. I'm not saying it shouldn't be impressive, but don't put more work into it than you need to. <(>_>)>

I have a suggestion. How about a different sidekick for each page? Maybe instead of having a bunch of mini Kirbys on the left of the screen, it could just be the one big Kirby, and mini sidekicks as link buttons, and when you click a link, the corresponding sidekick takes the top right corner. As for the main page, there could be a first sidekick picture and an added "Main" link with that sidekick.

Wow, awesome idea!! But, if it's true this isn't going to be the main site ...well then I don't know if I should put that much work into it. I think I'll keep it as it is and edit only a few minor things.