Milky Way Wishes: A Kirby Super Star Tribute - History

Arek the Absolute

Egh, no internet for a week. Twas' in the Victoria Falls area.

The Dedede and Metaknight bits of this project are a real mess right now. I can't really do anything about it until I get back home at the end of the month. :? I'm going to contact Patrick on the Dedede part of the project and see what's going on on his part, but I haven't even looked into the Metaknight part yet. I'll leave that part up to Arek for now.

Hi. Sorry for any inconvience, but I thought everything was pretty much settled after the first e-mail (I'm really more of the type that needs to be told everything ^^;).

Well, about the Dedede battle, well... I haven't actually started anything yet. If you guys need proof that I'll work on it, I can submit something for you by Aug 28th, but I honestly can't really work on it until...possibly October. If that's too long a wait, again I'm really sorry, but there's not a lot I can do about that at the moment. If you believe it's better for someone else to have the position, then I can understand that too.

As far as ideas go, though, I'm not sure if this part directly ties into the rest of the story, so if there's any transitions to and from this segment, can someone please fill me in on that area? The battle itself would sorta be your textbook battle, though. Nothing random would happen such as warships flying by shooting at them or anything. It would honestly take way too much time to have events like that. X_X It can take me months to do about a minute's worth the animation as everything's frame-by-frame, so I think you get the idea why it can't go all over the place.

Again, sorry for any inconvience. I was actuallly referred to this topic by both KWarp and someone else I know yesterday. If it wasn't for that, I'd still go on thinking everything was fine.

Heh, I'll bet everybody's pretty confused now. <(^_^; )>

Here's what happened: Back when Arek first had the idea for this storybook project, he wanted to include "flashback" battles with Dedede and Metaknight after Marx makes his wish to Nova to inspire Kirby to keep fighting. I convinced him that incorporating a battle with Dedede out of nowhere was a bad idea, but the one with Metaknight is still included at this point.

As a result: The battle with Dedede was cut from the story, but chthonic had already begun on a remix of the battle music. Keeping this in mind, I began to look for a way to keep the Dedede Battle remix in the project somehow, even if it isn't related to the Milky Way Wishes plot.

That's when I asked Kine if he'd be interested in animating a battle sequence between Kirby and Dedede to serve as an "easter egg" (aka hidden bonus) for the project.

The bottom line is: Despite the difficulties we're facing now, I really want to include this easter egg in the project. Kine is simply the best Kirby animator of any Kirby fan I've ever met.

Chances are, the project won't make it's desired due date at the end of this year (I'm forced out of town my whole winter break) anyway. So once again Kine, time isn't really an issue. Still, I can't singlehandedly decide whether this easter egg should be kept or not. Is anyone actually interested in seeing an animated battle between Kirby and King Dedede as a bonus for the project? If not, we'll drop it (and probably the song as well). If so, awesome! We'll give you as much time as it takes to get it done (it should fit it perfectly with the project deadline if we're lucky). Heck, if you need any help with the workload, I'll pitch in. I know how to use Flash better than some professionals. <(>_>)>

Anywhoo, answer the question in bold, the inclusion of this animation depends on whether or not people are interested in it.

Sorry for the lack of updates on the website recently. I've been learning CSS, which will enable me to make a much more dynamic website. I will definitely want to have a kick ass kirby header, and anything that I create will not be as 'ass kicking' as I would hope. If any graphics designers would like to work with me on his header, please let me know. It won't be too complex, just take a bit of photoshop knowledge an the ability to manipulate images and simulate some basic menu (I'm thinking about a 900 x 300 image). The rate I'm learning thingd is pretty steady, so start to see some basic mock-ups shortly.

If you are interested in helping me, PLEASE message me on AIM: Jace3210. I can use all the help I can get. Thanks.

Heh, I'll bet everybody's pretty confused now. <(^_^; )>

Here's what happened: Back when Arek first had the idea for this storybook project, he wanted to include "flashback" battles with Dedede and Metaknight after Marx makes his wish to Nova to inspire Kirby to keep fighting. I convinced him that incorporating a battle with Dedede out of nowhere was a bad idea, but the one with Metaknight is still included at this point.

As a result: The battle with Dedede was cut from the story, but chthonic had already begun on a remix of the battle music. Keeping this in mind, I began to look for a way to keep the Dedede Battle remix in the project somehow, even if it isn't related to the Milky Way Wishes plot.

That's when I asked Kine if he'd be interested in animating a battle sequence between Kirby and Dedede to serve as an "easter egg" (aka hidden bonus) for the project.

The bottom line is: Despite the difficulties we're facing now, I really want to include this easter egg in the project. Kine is simply the best Kirby animator of any Kirby fan I've ever met.

Chances are, the project won't make it's desired due date at the end of this year (I'm forced out of town my whole winter break) anyway. So once again Kine, time isn't really an issue. Still, I can't singlehandedly decide whether this easter egg should be kept or not. Is anyone actually interested in seeing an animated battle between Kirby and King Dedede as a bonus for the project? If not, we'll drop it (and probably the song as well). If so, awesome! We'll give you as much time as it takes to get it done (it should fit it perfectly with the project deadline if we're lucky). Heck, if you need any help with the workload, I'll pitch in. I know how to use Flash better than some professionals. <(>_>)>

Anywhoo, answer the question in bold, the inclusion of this animation depends on whether or not people are interested in it.

I thought we were not doing the story part until Kwarp comes back?

But anyway, a cool little easter egg like that would be great! Have like a secret link in some random text somewhere they can click on... kinda like in Strong Bad e-mails (Homestar fans know what im talking about :wink: )

Shit, now I have to like, do a good job.

Stupid populace.

-chth

MWAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHaHaha

Also...the voting....are any more artists going to contribute to the cover, or is that it? I could extend the deadline...or not. Just tell me or something.

Oh, and WIP deadline is the same. :)

Late post, but I'd like to see the easter egg as well! xD

If the deadline for the cover art is extended I might try, but I'm having a lot of trouble with anything artsy right now :|

...Where are the others? >__>

I wanna write! C'mon KWarp' date=' I've been ready forever here![/quote']

Yea me too. Dont make a writer mad or you will be assasinated with fully-sharpened pencils and murderous dialog... :lol: Yea we should get together sometime and think about the story at some point. I mean, us writers could at least brainstorm a bit while we wait right?

Ha! Nice! Seems like the vote's unanimous. We're adding a Kirby animation into the project. :D

KirbyMixer

Back to the remixing part; I have some interesting ideas for my remix, but I first want to know if that would fit with the chapter 8. Is it some kind of evil digital monster Kirby's dealing with, or just a computervirus which shouldn't be taken serious?

Personally I'd like the remix to sound like a(n) NES chiptune, but whatever suits you I guess.

I wanna write! C'mon KWarp, I've been ready forever here!

Yea me too. Dont make a writer mad or you will be assasinated with fully-sharpened pencils and murderous dialog... Laughing Yea we should get together sometime and think about the story at some point. I mean, us writers could at least brainstorm a bit while we wait right?

I was about to suggest that. You guys brainstorm a bit, and by the time I back, the plot will pretty much write itself. :P

Personally I'd like the remix to sound like a(n) NES chiptune, but whatever suits you I guess.

Actually, I already have 35 seconds, and I think you'll like the style im doing it in, since it's a totally new one :). But I was thinking about putting a pure evil part in the remix, and since the monster is pure evil, that should be alright.