Milky Way Wishes: A Kirby Super Star Tribute - History

Arek the Absolute

Let's get to the point... I need to drop out of this project.

Reasons:

• 1. My song is alright, but I can't fit the melody in at all, let alone make it connect and make sense.
    2. I'm burnt out on remixing specific games for specific projects. Getting my S3&K track done was pulling teeth itself, and I just want to just be able to do any song that pops into my head.
    3. I don't want to waste time doing a track that I'm not enjoying and give the project a sub-par mix that was only intended for an Easter egg in the first place.
    4. Sounds like the animator has a lot on his hands as well, so it might just be for the better.

Again, I'm really SORRY! Better luck getting my brain to function creatively next time, I guess.

-chth

Uhh... well if that's the case then we won't have a song (or a reason) to make a Dedede battle easter egg animation in the project. From what I understand from the above quote you kinda missed that. I suppose if you're really dropping out, the animation can change from a Dedede one to a Metaknight one. I'd like to hear from chthonic and pretty much everyone else on this project before a decision is made.

Who's remixing the Metaknight battle theme anyway?

Ok, that stupid accordian thing has been the scourge of my existance to try and return to, but I'm gonna dedicate the next 2 or 3 hours to trying to expand it...

...right after some ramen noodles.

EDIT:

Mmmm... good ramen noodles...

So yeah; that's DEFINITELY all you're getting out of me so don't expect any more. Nothing can be tweaked, as is my style, all bridges have been burned behind me.

Egh... me no likes. How about you let me take on the melody with the Cello? (when I get home next week)Hearing annoying reptetive accordions at the beginning of the storybook would be a disaster.

I read a bit on how to be a good director during my trip so far and learned it's best to put a team's best people at the beginning and end of a project, the middle guys in the middle, and let the rest fill in the gaps.

Bottom line is LAOS, your track is too important for you to poorly remix it, heck even making an average remix is a bad move. The training song has to be good. It simply has to be. PLEASE DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED. I intend to do everything I can to help you with this remix when I get back. Wait until Saturday next week.

My girlfriend is going to university thousands of miles away in three days, so I've been spending lots of time with her. Don't be surprised if I'm a tad bit late. If you're really worried about it, I can give you the MIDI of my completed composition, but I'd prefer to just submit the real recording a bit later. ^_^ (Like a day or whatever.)

Personally I think the accordian bit is quite funny and stylistic to start the album.

I'm not sure if your cello playing would be better, as much as you seem to want to insert it (no offense meant, as in track fittingness).

I think the accordian thing could be good, it just isn't right now...

(ok... right now my track is going nowhere. I've just got too much 'official' stuff to do. I really would like to be part of this project but right now it just isn't happening. I'll keep trying, but so far you should be worried about me...)

Egh... me no likes. How about you let me take on the melody with the Cello? (when I get home next week)Hearing annoying reptetive accordions at the beginning of the storybook would be a disaster.

I read a bit on how to be a good director during my trip so far and learned it's best to put a team's best people at the beginning and end of a project, the middle guys in the middle, and let the rest fill in the gaps.

Bottom line is LAOS, your track is too important for you to poorly remix it, heck even making an average remix is a bad move. The training song has to be good. It simply has to be. PLEASE DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED. I intend to do everything I can to help you with this remix when I get back. Wait until Saturday next week.

Hehe, yeah I think I am a bit eager. <(^_^; )> I agree with lightwarmth completely. Also, I'm echoing what I typed last page. Comments would be nice.

OOOOOO! Update!

I'm still gonna work with the mastering (it sounds thin to my ears), and, I know that hi hat pattern is repetitive as sin (I'll fix it. :lol: ). Othwise, here's 2 minutes of kirby mixed goodness!

http://www.remix.herograw.com/LordMaestro/GrapeGardenV4.mp3

Tell me if I suck. :lol:

It's pretty enjoyable, aside from the dissonances, which I'm not sure are intentional or not. Just tweak up the production a bit and you'll have a cool song!

LAOS, if you could tighten up your performance and record it (much) better, then add an arrangement of strings under the part, it'd be much better. Somehow I think that it'd sound better at a higher tempo, too. The part after the accordian goes away isn't bad, though!

I can imagine what you hear in your head and prefer it as well. I agree my covering of this piece gets a 5/10 if that.

1, I had the better recording and the filtered recording on my PC, but both got deleted, which actually, wasn't my fault. I only posted the Accordian WIP which was filtered, and I had to download and work backwards from that. We're already talking about sound loss there. (hear the pitch bend off the beginning? I couldn't get rid of that.)

2, The accordian was a rental a long time ago. I cannot re-record it.

3, All files are deleted. That is all I'm bringing to the table... and furthermore, it would seem my subpar accordian, and probably whatever accompaniment I brought with it, also differed from the visions that others had for this remix anyway. To that I say: "Please: one-up me."

It was recommended to me that I add to what I had. I did. If I wanted to do it all over again I'd probably learn from my mistakes (which is ironic, given the source title) I would do something completely different. But I don't want to, I'm gonna walk away. Not bitter, or discouraged... I just think I'm done here. Sorry.

God I suck at collaborations. I backed out of the Sonic 3 & Knuckles one the same way.

Aww man, this sucks. We've lost some 4 musicians, and no one's even mentioned what's going to happen now that chthonics dropped out. Seriously, this is a big problem. We have a guy working on an animation without any music to go with it. Here's a few options I've compiled.

Chth's dropped out. What do we do?

1) Get someone else to remix the Dedede theme and continue the animation

2) Drop the animation altogether

3) Change the animation to a battle with Metaknight.

I think option 3 is our best bet. I'll discuss it with our animator and see what he thinks.

Get someone else to do the mix...at least that is my vote.

It would be best...considering I want that damn thing in there! :)

If worst comes to worst, i'll do it. I'd probably only establish MIDIs before heading back to college though. Chances are if that's the case I probably won't start work until I come back from France, which will be next weekend.

Heck, the college synth library will be fun to work with when I get my paws on it O.O

-Milkyway Wishes Intro (Cover)- Kungfuchicken

-Time to Learn ("Flash Storybook Tutorial") - LAOS *QUIT* {TRACK OPEN}

-Milkyway Wishes Overworld ("Introduction") - Ichitootah (locked) *Submitted*

-Dynablade Area 1 [Floria] ("Chapter 1") - Usa (locked) *submitted*

-Grape Garden [Aqualiss] ("Chapter 2") - LordMaestro (locked) *submitted*

-Dynablade Area 4 [skyhigh] ("Chapter 3") - Sir_Nuts *NOT SUBMITTED* I am trying to get ahold of him, but am getting no luck.

-Save Area [?] ("Chapter 4") - Monobrow (locked) *SUBMITTED*

-Begin Treasure Hunting [Hotbeat] ("Chapter 5") - lightwarmth (locked) *SUBMITTED*

-Dynablade Area 3 [Cavios]("Chapter 6") - Soraya *NOT SUBMITTED* Said he will submit soon....

-Kirby Arrives On The Scene [Mecheye]("Chapter 7") - Pippins+Jordex *NOT SUBMITTED* Got in touch with him. Submitting soon...

-Taking Over Halberd [Halfmoon] ("Chapter 8") - zarvoxthezadvook *SUBMITTED*

-RPG Kirby Battles ("Chapter 8") - KirbyMixer *SUBMITTED*

-Victory Star 3 ("Chapter 9") - *TRACK OPEN :(*

-Flying Into Nova [inside Nova] ("Chapter 9") MaliceX (locked/complete) *SUBMITTED*

-Mt. Dedede (Special Incorporation) ("Chapter 10") - Chthonic *QUIT* {Track open}

-Battle with Metaknight [special Incorporation] ("Chapter 11") - Darkesword *NOT SUBMITTED* Said he will submit today...

-Battle With Marx ("Chapter 12") - DJBren (locked) *SUBMITTED

There you go. That is the current situation with WIP's. I am getting in touch with the people again, and so I hope to get word from then again. There are a couple of tracks now open...so I will be needing to find some people to replace them. I have contacted Graylightning, and he said he will give me some recomendations of people to ask.

It's incredible how much everyone started caring about this project again. The project was coming so close to death butArek's impending DOOM has become the ironic defibulator of life for this project. Wow, I should get cancer, that would get me a Metal Slug Remix for sure! Oh yeah, I'm working on sketches at this very moment.