Milky Way Wishes: A Kirby Super Star Tribute - History

Arek the Absolute

Alright! I just finished these (well kinda, I stopped cause I didn't have a reference to finish some of the coloring), still kinda getting the hats down but now I should start sketching out senarios and maybe backgrounds. (Also continueing to practice drawing Meta-Knight and Marx...for a little guy hes tough to get down ><). Anyway here ya go and enjoy:

NewKirby.jpg

Edit: Yea I know Capsule J isn't orange, thats just an "underpainting" type thing. I wasn't sure what shade of blue/grey he was.

OK, WIP time once again!

I changed a lot of things, refined a lot of things, tried different things and ended up almost the same as before. I'm not yet 100% content with what I got, but I am very satisfied with the outcome of the second section, which is new in this WIP.

For now, I left the wrong chords at the end of the violin passage untouched, I hope someone can get a hint for me, or else I am forced to do it myself by trial-and-error.

I added slightly detuned-ness to the flutes and the clarinet, and I think it sounds more realistic now.

As always, any comments are welcome! :)

Yeah, it's a WIP, not a finished mix, but here you have it ^-^

Hello boys and girls, school season is quickly approaching and sadly neither Arek or I will be able to devote as much time to this project as we'd like to. *cries*

Anyway, we've agreed that every Sunday one of us will update the 1st page of the this topic with the progress, (or lack thereof) that has been made with the project that week. Sunday news if you will. :wink: This will also be the time that the Storybook interface gets updated if anything new is added to it.

Arek edit: Yup

Ok, nevermind about the recording being done today. I've been trying to record an 8 measure section for two hours and my left side hurts like a motherf***er. Because of the recording.

You'll have to wait a while longer. F***ing hell.

EDIT: You know what, never-f***ing mind, I'm using a synth or a soundfont or something. I am so incredibly pissed at how s***ty I am at recording audio

KWarp: *censors swear words* Bit Vulgar there. <(^_^; )>

Don't worry about it. I've been playing the Cello for 5 years and I still sound like an ameteur whenever I record something. <(>_>)>

*listens*

I think you're moving in a good direction, but right now it sounds a bit too rough to call finished. I think the melody's a bit weak too. Keep it up and I'm sure this will be a great remix. :)

Just got the WIP from Kwarp. I really am liking where it is going. KWarp and I agree that though it is an awesome track, it needs just a bit more work. It sounds really "rough" at the moment. I have to admit though, it something you have to listen to more than once. On my second listen to it, it really grew on me. I really also like how it perfectly loops without any sort of "off" sounds that make it apparent that it does. That definitely gets a +1 from me ^_^

So ya, awesome work. You got something really great going here. Not much to say that you don't already know. Extremely nice job sir. Keep it up. I know the final version will be awesome.

I'm totally loving the storybook/art idea.

I can't remix worth crap, but I can DRAW! :D

I'll be glad to do anything. Perhaps Kracko's boss fight. I've drawn Kirby characters before, just not for a while.

If you need to see my art, send me an AIM on AIM: Hock1215.

Though I'll say I'm currently in my 5th quarter getting a degree in animation (Yeah, any animation you need I can do that too. I can make the cardboard cutout effect in Flash pretty easily)

Oh, actually:

http://hock.deviantart.com There ya go. My latest submission is kinda dark, and that's usually not my style.

*EDIT* Wow, this is my first post? ... I really need to stop lurking. I've been going here for years T_T

I'm totally loving the storybook/art idea.

I can't remix worth crap, but I can DRAW! :D

I'll be glad to do anything. Perhaps Kracko's boss fight. I've drawn Kirby characters before, just not for a while.

If you need to see my art, send me an AIM on AIM: Hock1215.

Though I'll say I'm currently in my 5th quarter getting a degree in animation (Yeah, any animation you need I can do that too. I can make the cardboard cutout effect in Flash pretty easily)

Oh, actually:

http://hock.deviantart.com There ya go. My latest submission is kinda dark, and that's usually not my style.

*EDIT* Wow, this is my first post? ... I really need to stop lurking. I've been going here for years T_T

For the most part, welcome aboard! KWarp and I will talk once he signs on about what exactly you can do.

*reads your deviant art*

Wait....you aren't the dude who made "Rokemon", are you?

Wow, nice stuff Hock. Ive been tryin to get my comic into flash for a while but my computer wouldnt be able to handle it. That and I never used flash before. :lol:

ANYWAY, I know a said that I could get a little short story made about Floria by friday, but all this crap hit me at once this week, and im sort of in the dark about some things about the story itself. Like, it would be better if we all got together and wrote the intro together. This would both, tell us what kind of style to write the body, and we would have the intro done. 2 birds-one stone kind of deal. I sort of walked into a minefield blindfolded when I said I could write a WIP in a week without knowing how the intro goes...

Wow, nice stuff Hock. Ive been tryin to get my comic into flash for a while but my computer wouldnt be able to handle it. That and I never used flash before. :lol:

ANYWAY, I know a said that I could get a little short story made about Floria by friday, but all this crap hit me at once this week, and im sort of in the dark about some things about the story itself. Like, it would be better if we all got together and wrote the intro together. This would both, tell us what kind of style to write the body, and we would have the intro done. 2 birds-one stone kind of deal. I sort of walked into a minefield blindfolded when I said I could write a WIP in a week without knowing how the intro goes...

Writing together is the new plan. I dunno what KWarp was thinkin when he decided his writing plan, but we changed it :)