Milky Way Wishes: A Kirby Super Star Tribute - History

Arek the Absolute

I'm around, though it ain't good manners for me to listen before Arek. Patience is virtue or something. :wink:

Anyway, gotta Dedede Animation Problem.

Both Hock and Kine are crunched on time due to collage. Sadly animation is quite a time-consuming work. Enthusiasm for the project has kinda dwindled on Kine's part, and Hock can't incorporate some of the work into his class like he planned to. I've developed my Animation ability some, but that hardly makes up for lost ground.

In short, I'm considering cutting the animation from the project all-together. This would allow us to redirect Hock's abilities towards more Storybook art and the Storybook comics he chose to do. Kine will be off the hook (I think he wants that to happen anyway).

This kind of decision is too big to make on my own. Everyone please express your opinions!

1) Yes, keep the animation. <reasons>

2) No, drop the animation. <reasons/agreement>

3) Here's another idea. <explaination>

I'm leaning toward option 2. If I wasn't overseas during my whole winter break, there might be some hope. Sadly that isn't the case.

maybe if arek came online, i'd show him my wip. :P

HOLY JESUS AWESOME!! Myth IS on this project!

You can't really tell from the IRC channel, considering you're in every other channel I'm in almost and only talk in #ocremix. Be more social, JERK!! ;)

I don't have an answer, KWarp. Need some thinkin' time.

I'm around, though it ain't good manners for me to listen before Arek. Patience is virtue or something. :wink:

Both Hock and Kine are crunched on time due to collage. Sadly animation is quite a time-consuming work. Enthusiasm for the project has kinda dwindled on Kine's part, and Hock can't incorporate some of the work into his class like he planned to. I've developed my Animation ability some, but that hardly makes up for lost ground.

In short, I'm considering cutting the animation from the project all-together. This would allow us to redirect Hock's abilities towards more Storybook art and the Storybook comics he chose to do. Kine will be off the hook (I think he wants that to happen anyway).

This kind of decision is too big to make on my own. Everyone please express your opinions!

I'm leaning toward option 2. If I wasn't overseas during my whole winter break, there might be some hope. Sadly that isn't the case.

My take? HELL NO! We aren't cutting it. If we have to, we can wait. I would rather produce something groundbreaking than just something semi awesome.

My vote?

1) YES, KEEP THE ANIMATION!

maybe if arek came online, i'd show him my wip. :P

You can thank good old SBC for me not being online. Service for my area has been down for a week so I have been having to go to my friend's house and leech his net. It has been a very annoying. I wonder when SBC will get their act together and fix the net already.

And yes, Myth HAS been in the project the whole time, but like he said, he chose to keep it a secret. Glad you got your WIP ready dude. I can't wait to hear it :)

2. As much as everyone would like to see the animation alongside the project, it just sounds like attempting to retain the animation despite the time and personnel issues will only hamper the project's completion. Unless new guys can step up out of nowhere, I'd drop it and be content with just some storyboards or something to that effect.

1) I say don't drop the animation just yet and wait and see what happens later on down the road. Animation is time consuming like you said, and they already sunk in time starting it- so it seems like it would be a waste to drop it now.

If push comes to shove, how about a semi-animated storyboard, or "animatic" of sorts? That would lessen the load.

Glad to see the opinions coming in. This is truely a point of the project where it can fall either way.

Another idea I've been considering is something like the RoFL: Plutonium Edition seen in the Duck Hunt Remix project. If the animation is done in time for the project, great! If not, we can add it on later.

For those of you who want to use your animation talents to help with the project. I recommend against it. Animation teams cut down a lot of work, but the larger they get the more leadership and organization it takes to make the team effective. We're only as fast as out slowest hiker. We have 2 now (me being an unofficial 3rd), and any larger than that will make the project too stressful. (Still, chat with me. Something might be worked out.)

I also may as well post the status of the animation: Nothing. No concept art, storyboards, anything has been done past that first 5-second WIP. That's exactly why enthusiasm for the project has hit rock bottom. The only time both of them have time to work on the animation is winter break, exactly the time when I can't supervise them. >_<

Once again I stress that this can succeed, or it may not. It's all about staff opinions and concise planning at this point. Now where's Kine.. *emails*