Milky Way Wishes: A Kirby Super Star Tribute - History

Arek the Absolute

Actually, now that I think about it...didn't a similar thing happen with Joe Cam's Animal Crossing project? I remember him posting all the music without an official release but I don't remember a backlash happening like this.

Animal Crossing wasn't an OCR album - it had a lot of OCR artists on it, but it wasn't planned on being released through OCR. :-)

But still, everything Djp has said here is true. If I was on a project and someone took the right to cancel said big project of many contributors and release my song without asking because of what essentially seems to be an irresponsible "the hell with it" attitude.. I'd be angry, too. Of course, this is none of my business and blaming Arek is not my intent.

I'm not angry or anything, but a real release would be infinitely preferable to a .rar in a forum thread. Plenty of albums have been successfully released with less material than we have here.

Maybe all we need to do is reevaluate the original project vision. If the project feels like a hollow shell of the initial plan, let's give it a good squeeze so it's more compact. It won't have the same shape, but it'll be just as solid. :<

I'm not angry or anything, but a real release would be infinitely preferable to a .rar in a forum thread. Plenty of albums have been successfully released with less material than we have here.

Maybe all we need to do is reevaluate the original project vision. If the project feels like a hollow shell of the initial plan, let's give it a good squeeze so it's more compact. It won't have the same shape, but it'll be just as solid. :<

I have worked with Arek and we are moving forward with a planned release. It will be soon. No definitive date but the album is now in Staff hands and is moving forward accordingly. Regardless of what it could have been, I'm guaranteeing you'll enjoy what it ends up being.

But still, everything Djp has said here is true. If I was on a project and someone took the right to cancel said big project of many contributors and release my song without asking because of what essentially seems to be an irresponsible "the hell with it" attitude.. I'd be angry, too. Of course, this is none of my business and blaming Arek is not my intent.

Yeah, as someone who is on the project I can tell you I WAS upset and it didn't feel right that he would release the songs like that, without even checking with people. It's like the idea that the songs belonged to him or something... BUT I got over it. Probably a little too fast, haha. I had put my song up on youtube even. It's unlisted now though.

Couldn't agree more. But I think you underestimate the amount of material for this album, which is fine because you may not have downloaded the leaked rar. It has a TON of artwork, and two very solid musical discs. I would say it is on par with any other album release.

I have worked with Arek and we are moving forward with a planned release. It will be soon. No definitive date but the album is now in Staff hands and is moving forward accordingly. Regardless of what it could have been, I'm guaranteeing you'll enjoy what it ends up being.

This is great news. I was heartbroken when I thought the album wouldn't be coming out, so I'm glad that you guys are taking the initiative to see it through and give it the Riesbeck's it deserves.

I envision an April 27 release.

I envision "why is this not ff6!?" butthurt.

My opinion is probably gonna be unpopular here, but I didn't have a problem with him releasing the music. I made my song in 2005 and then re-made it in january 2008 to keep up with standards. That was 5 years ago. Of course I'd have liked him to contact me about it first, but I kinda just want people to hear my song already?

Still, the project was shaping up to be cool, and I liked the storybook idea. Sorry I haven't been very active here about that. I remember we had a really cool flash storybook with flippable pages and cute art, and it was a working demo! I hope something like that can still happen.

My opinion is probably gonna be unpopular here, but I didn't have a problem with him releasing the music. I made my song in 2005 and then re-made it in january 2008 to keep up with standards. That was 5 years ago. Of course I'd have liked him to contact me about it first, but I kinda just want people to hear my song already?

Still, the project was shaping up to be cool, and I liked the storybook idea. Sorry I haven't been very active here about that. I remember we had a really cool flash storybook with flippable pages and cute art, and it was a working demo! I hope something like that can still happen.

It's not that your opinion is unpopular, its just that it doesn't likely reflect the same sentiment as other artists on the album. Speaking as one of them, I was approached for the Plaid Muffins track being included on the album under the pretenses of it at least getting a normal kind of release, even if the other aspects of the album didn't pan out the way it had been planned. Especially if you have a song wait that long, what's the point in having waited if the resultant release virtually guarantees that your waiting will have been for naught? No big post, or fanfare, or even organization. Just a mediafire link and a forum thread that would get buried within a month. This album, and everyone's work on it, from the creator/directors to the musicians to the artists, has had so much love already poured into it that a drop-and-walk-away I would have taken as being extremely disrespectful.

The staff preparations on the album are nearly complete. I can tell you from the amount of time I've spent being intimate with the album, and utilizing the assets that were available, the release is definitely nothing to slouch at.

Couldn't agree more with Stevo and I'm glad this is coming out and will look really good. There's no shortage of content... there's a lot of artwork... I am glad this is going to come out as an album instead of a rar file. Not everyone can even open rar files. I don't even think the lack of a flash storybook will affect the quality of the album at all. I always thought from the very beginning, that just seemed like a gimmick that most people wouldn't even bother with. It would have been nice, and I would have played with it, as someone who had a deeper connection to the work than the average person, but for the audience at large and especially people who just download the new OCR albums without being deep in the community probably wouldn't have really bothered with it. :-( They'll still have the artwork pieces and that is just as good. Set it on a Windows slide show.