Milky Way Wishes: A Kirby Super Star Tribute - History

Arek the Absolute

This project won't be released until it's complete. How soon that is depends on how quickly ANYONE can recruit artists for the project. OCRemix is almost entirely a music community. Thus, a music release would dissolve all support for the completion of this project. I'm not letting that happen. :?

Well, Arek just messaged me and said that I HAD to, so I guess I have no choice... :lol:

I'm still kinda confused with the first post though, as far as what needs to be included with each picture and how they will eventually be incorporated into the book. An example would be Fighter Kirby. Would I just draw Fighter Kirby looking cool, or should be be beating up an enemy? What about backgrounds? Should I see what other people have done so far so I can keep things similar? Can I draw him in a cool pose/perspective, or should he be fairly plain? I just feel like I don't have enough information. Or at least, not enough in one place. I'd love to help work on this, and I had no idea you still needed artists or I would have volunteered long ago. If I can get some more info, I'll start working on it immediately.

"Bongo Bill": hey

"Bongo Bill": art fag

"Bongo Bill": you can draw right

"Bongo Bill": well anyway you need to use your powers for good

"Bongo Bill": go to the Milky Way Wishes thread and draw some shit.

I guess I'm in. Though I don't know much of Photoshop, so it would mostly be pencil work.

Edit: Don't know what I'm suppose to do, but I'm guessing I choose one of the "Up for grabs" stuff. I'll do Whispy Woods (Willows).

I've been saying this: The storybook is what makes this project unique. Releasing the music now just turns it into "any old remix collection" like Metroid/DKC/Doom etc, not that those are bad, but this could be special :)

Please don't get impatient.

It's not as though remix projects are stagnant, there are only, like, six out there right now. Thing is, I don't think I'll even look at the art more than once, it's the music I'll be listening to over and over again, and it's the music that gets me excited about the project.

But if you want artists, I'll talk to my friend about registering here and helping out...

I've been saying this: The storybook is what makes this project unique. Releasing the music now just turns it into "any old remix collection" like Metroid/DKC/Doom etc, not that those are bad, but this could be special :)

It's not as though remix projects are stagnant, there are only, like, six out there right now. Thing is, I don't think I'll even look at the art more than once, it's the music I'll be listening to over and over again, and it's the music that gets me excited about the project.

But if you want artists, I'll talk to my friend about registering here and helping out...

Yes, but releasing the music early destroys the entire reason for this project to exist in the first place. The whole idea has always been to have a storybook that coincides with a soundtrack, which makes the project unique and sets it apart from the others. I suggest wait until the entire project can be enjoyed in it's full glory, the way it was originally intended.

Yes, but releasing the music early destroys the entire reason for this project to exist in the first place. The whole idea has always been to have a storybook that coincides with a soundtrack, which makes the project unique and sets it apart from the others. I suggest wait until the entire project can be enjoyed in it's full glory, the way it was originally intended.

Oh, nonono... I misspoke myself, there. I didn't mean "release the music early, whether or not the art is done yet," I'm just noting that I'll look at the storybook a couple of times and then make a CD out of the music and get a lot more use of it.

Though now that I think of it, if it's Kirby-esque enough (read: child-safe), I may actually show it to my little eight-year-old sister, she'd like it... actually, I'm suddenly getting excited about the art now, LOL.

ps this sig was a bean original and i am hoping he doesnt do other sigs cause i love it to death and i dont want the value ofit to drop because others want a piece of it

bean is my lover fgts

Only for myself (like below). I'm taking no more requests 'cause they take a long time to do and I too would like to keep them from getting too common. It was first come, first serve and Arek got it first. :wink: