Go go Rokko Chan! Mega Man fans will love this one.

Gario

I'll echo what everyone has said in saying that mainly the dash button is too far away for its own good, making things needlessly clunky, but from what I've played -I haven't beaten it yet- it's a pretty competent fan game. I'll have to try and beat it.

I like how the intro is basically

-ROKKO CHAN I AM SO GLAD YOU ARE ALIVE NOW

-RIGHT ONII-SAMA IT IS SO WONDERFUL TO BE ALIVE

-OH BUT NOT COMPLETELY YOU SEE THAT EVIL DOKTORU-SAMA HAS MADE ROBOTS THAT HATE LIFE

-tears- -OH HOW COULD ANYONE DO THAT I MUST STOP HIM!

-NO ROKKO CHAN DON'T

-DON'T WORRY CREATOR-SENPAI I MUST FIGHT FOR EVERRASTING PEACE!

Ok gave this an obligatory 5 minute try out.

It's pretty fun ,I like the smoothness of the controls and it really nails that "retro feel" both in design and graphics, it really does feel like a nes game.

the jump button should be X imo and the shoot button should be Z but that's just my opinion, also while i'm on that subject i figure PC based platformers should have the up direction arrow as jump it would just feel a whole lot more natural to me i dunno.

Also for everyone complaining about the dash button, just double tap a direction arrow that works just fine for me.

ok quitting this now because my slow retarded consoleized fingers won't be able to take playing something like this on a computer keyboard and i would likely end up breaking my keyboard in some fit of rage... and that's bad M'kay

i hate this because it has to do with mega man and allowing mega man fans to further blather on about how evil capcom is and how mega man is teh bestest evar and why would they ever do this

you could always go back to loving ff13 because others hate it <3 jk

this game is great and yea to anyone who is having problems with the dashing just double tap to dash :)

Even though I changed over to gamepad and it's certainly a more intuitive way of playing this, I found myself getting my ass kicked more than I did with a keyboard. Huh.

A damn good spin-off game nonetheless though. I might even find myself playing this through, which is quite rare with a flash game on my part. This guy should get hired by Capcom (or maybe not, what with all the jerking off over the series going on lately).

I don't know if that post is meant to show that the creator is in fact hired by Capcom or that capcom doesn't need to hire anyone because of its bullshit "DLC" policies that make it gobs of money, but either way it works.

And I bet you the arranged bgms are the shitty remixes in Maverick Hunter X, too. Wouldn't that be a kick to the pants?

• 2 weeks later...

Just completed this game on Owata Mode (aka 1-hit-death mode, aka dew-dew-dew-on-contact mode). It was rough at times, not going to lie. I think the most frustrating part was the boss of the first Dr. Mad stage. Infuriating. Took me a good hour to finally kill them. Dr. Mad himself was also tough, but mostly due just to figuring out the 2nd form's pattern and where the holes were.

It's a satisfying feeling, finally beating it like that.

Just completed this game on Owata Mode (aka 1-hit-death mode, aka dew-dew-dew-on-contact mode). It was rough at times, not going to lie. I think the most frustrating part was the boss of the first Dr. Mad stage. Infuriating. Took me a good hour to finally kill them. Dr. Mad himself was also tough, but mostly due just to figuring out the 2nd form's pattern and where the holes were.

It's a satisfying feeling, finally beating it like that.

... Holy shit, you got my respect for that, man.