PRC209 - Results Are In - Sonic takes Underground to Desert Land (Sonic 2 + Bahamut Lagoon)

Bundeslang

The People's Remix Competition 209

PRCv9-01

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

After a couple of bad rounds, last PRC was a very good one with six songs. DJ Mokram remixed the source of PRC207 and got a bonus but it was only enough to equalize Binweasel. Every song received some points last round. Now it's time for a new season, already the nineth.

Source 1 is selected by DJ Mokram

Hey Bundeslang, here's my source pick for Round #209:

The game has already been covered in both OCR and PRC, but luckily, the source in question has not. ;)

Not ashamed to say it's proly my favorite Sonic game, even over the awesome Genesis ones.

It's sad that not many people know about this one because it's super fun and the music is fantastic imo.

Here's hoping that another underrated game and its soundtrack gets some love thanks to the PRC.

Cheers

Source 2 is selected by Binweasel:

Desert Land Daphira from Bahamut Lagoon for the SNES!

And since the midi is a little terrible:

PRC209.jpg

Source 1: Sonic 2 (SMS) - Underground Zone

MID

Source 2: Bahamut Lagoon (SNES) - Desert Land Daphira

MID

You may select one of these songs, or remix both sources in one track. DJ Mokram and Binweasel may remix each others source.

ThaSauce link: Click here to submit.

When you are not able to login, don't click on the 'click here to submit an entry' button, but click on the 'you are not logged in' button on the right top of the screen.

When you cannot visit the ThaSauce page (and get an amazing movie of Emma Watson, you probably are using Internet Explorer. Try to open the page a few times, or use a different browser (like Google Chrome or Firefox). That should work. When you still have the problem, it's fine to upload the song somewhere else and post a link in this thread (and vote by sending me a PM).

Sorry, but ThaSauce seems to be not able to solve this problem.

GOOD LUCK!

PRC instructions

1. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6 MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed (only as Bonus Mixes).
  2. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by MONDAY JANUARY 9th 2012 at 10:59 am ThaSauce time: check my signature (below) or the ThaSauce page for the exact time left.
  3. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix. You are free to create a second ThaSauce account for that, it's needed to be able to upload a second remix. You can post it in the thread if that doesn't work.
  4. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  5. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! For information about the previous contests.

PRC

I haven't played Sonic 2 for SMS, but Sonic 1 for Master System was a solid game with some nice tunes in it.
Sonic 2 is one of the best games on the system, hands down. And the music is just awesome. ;)

Excellent source from Binweasel. Freaking love Bahamut Lagoon and I'm a huge fan of Noriko Matsueda! :smile:

Really hoping to find enough time to enter this round...

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the voting stage

The mixing stage is over. 3 entries are submitted.

To vote, you should do the following:

- Visit the stated ThaSauce Page and listen to all the entries

- Scroll to the form at the bottom of the screen.

- Fill in the rank of the entries from first to third.

- State a reasoning for it.

- Participants are encouraged to vote. They aren't allowed to vote for themselve, but they receive an added first place if they vote. Participants only need to fill in the first two boxes, leave the third box empty.

Binweasel has a vote that can break a tie but it doesn't count twice. DjMokram's vote doesn't have a bigger value as other votes, because he entered this round as well.

You have until NEXT Wednesday, January 11th at 10:59 am ThaSauce time to vote, check my signature in the first post or simply the ThaSauce page for the exact time you have. It's longer as usual

The winner gets the right to choose the source tune for PRC210.

When you aren't able to log-in, click the You are not logged in button at the top right of the page instead of the Log in to Vote button below.

The songs:

Check the ThaSauce Page:

Sggod89 - Ghost White Sand

Evktalo - Uugee

DjMokram - Across the Dunes

It's results time.

The votes are in.

Total number of mixes - 3

Total number of votes - 6

Maximum Score - 18.

Evktalo did well, but not well enough to not win the last place wooden spoon with ten point

And the winners are DJ Mokram and Sggod89 with 16 points.

Congratulations DJ Mokram and Sggod89, you both won this round. Each of you may select the next source for PRC210. Send your source to me by PM, other options are PM me @ ThaSauce or by e-mailing to bambombim@gmail.com (I prefer a PM @Ocremix). Do that as soon as you can, but before Friday.

Remember to select a source with a MID file added. You may also select a source without a MID, but then you must provide a second source with a MID file.

You may select any source from any game, as long as it doesn't have an Overclocked Remix and it hasn't been on PRC before. Check it at the list:

http://sites.google.com/site/bambombim/prc

http://bambombim.googlepages.com/PRCRemixList.doc (also downloadable via the link above).

You can find the votes with comments here:

http://compo.thasauce.net/votes/index/PRC209

Awesome, BlackRazgriz, that's really great to hear!

Thanks for the feedback in the votes, everyone. I hope to return to the track one day, I started without inspiration but ended up with an idea how to go on (and got more from the feedback!). For me this is the great benefit of competitions and deadlines - you can force yourself to work and end up with things that you wouldn't have started otherwise.

--Eino