Sonic Hip-Hop Album (Recruiting Rappers, Beat Makers, Vocalists!)

BrothaDom

Guitar wise I can play almost every style. (I'm no Jazz Virtuoso).

And if I had to choose tracks that I would be interested in... they would be as follows:

Mystic Cave and Aquarium Park.

Those are the only ones where I can see something working. I dunno.

I'd have to find someone to collaborate with.

I would prefer to collab with a rapper. Because even though I can sing... I cannot rap. Ever. Seriously.

So yeah... if anyone is interested. I'll do something with ya. ;-)

Sounds great. I had some different ideas for things. I'll put you down for Mystic Cave and Aquarium Park. Do you want to collaborate with anyone as far as the instrumental itself goes?

Edit: Lyrics don't have to be on every track. It should go by if the lyrics improve the track.

Never mind this, Edit Out: (Also, the initial plan was for me to rap at least a little bit on each track. And while I'd like to still do that (the practice would be great!), I'm not 100% sure if I could muster that many lyrics out. I'm definitely going to try, even if it's just a small intro or something on each track.)

So, we do need to find rappers still. You sing, do you write as well?

okay, cool. DiGi, I'll hit you up sometime, do you use AIM?
Cool! I'll send you a PM later on today. Sadly, I don't use AIM but we can figure out another way of communicating!

I'll also like to echo what halc has said and should this project take off a bit more i may be able to contribute more from myself. We shall see. So far so good though :)

Yeah. I'm down with you doing some rapping if that's what you want.

I'd love to collab with someone who understands phat beats and sick nasty synths better than I do.

I might talk to TGH about it. We've collabed before and it was utterly rad.

I do write lyrics. Music too. In a variety of styles.

If I need to rap. I could give it a try... but I must stress that I've never done it before.

Except to Linkin Park... early Linkin Park. Love that stuff.

And what would WIP dates be? Cause I can't send anything outside of MIDI for a little bit cause I've just moved to another country.

My stuff arrives in the latter half of February... but even then, I may not receive it until March-ish.

We can just do what makes you comfortable, you can rap if you like, or sing...doesn't matter to me, I'm not picky.

And what would WIP dates be? Cause I can't send anything outside of MIDI for a little bit cause I've just moved to another country.

My stuff arrives in the latter half of February... but even then, I may not receive it until March-ish.

As far as WIP dates...I'd like to get a good bit of tracks claimed. But, how does that process work as far as setting those dates?

(I've already been shown some WIPs for different tracks though, and they're good)

GAH I totally forgot, this is definitely the song I want to do if I pick up another track later:

Haha, you like a lot of tracks! That's good to see. Um, we can throw that in, but would it be better to thrown onto the bonus tracks list?

@ vocalists: i can help with writing lyrics. i actually strongly prefer that over recording music.

also, if anyone's interested i'd really like to make a reggaeton-ish remix of Knuckles' Theme kind of like this:

(sorry if it's annoying. it was the best example i could find from the top of my head)

may the gods be with whoever chooses to carry the burden of the obligatory ice cap mix.

Hmmm......

is that a "don't worry guys, i got this" hmmm?

@brothadom- yeah you can put me down for it and i'll have a rough draft idea in a few weeks so anybody else can see if they want to collab on it.

i've got to catch up with some other projects and irl stuff though so i probably won't be contributing much other than lame sonic jokes for the next few weeks.

Sounds great, the interest is pretty nice right now.

I'll put Sir Jordanius down for Knuckle's Theme, and The Joker down for the Ice Cap tune. Also, I'll put DCT down too. Maybe you two want to collaborate, or something? We can figure that out. I'll put DCT down for "Act 2" for organization purposes. But, a collaborated track may work out nice; I don't know how you two work. If anyone wants to collaborate on any of the tracks, that should be fine. It's really up to the remixers we have so far.

If you have any WIPs they'd be great to have so that myself and other vocalists can start working on vocals to add.

Hi Everyone!

Just letting everyone know that we still need Rappers, Singers, Writers, and Beat makers.

Every track doesn't need to have lyrics; no need to put them on songs if it brings the song down, right?

I've heard WIPs for three songs now, and they're all great. We can set a better WIP date once we have more songs claimed. The front post has also been updated.

• 2 weeks later...