Sonic Hip-Hop Album (Recruiting Rappers, Beat Makers, Vocalists!)

BrothaDom

I want to do more rapping, so I plan to...I guess that was half of the reason I wanted to start the project.

I'll try my hand at it, and if they don't work we just won't use them :)

Oh alright, then you can disregard the last question on my PM :D

Yeah, we can work something out - we should use skype and do a call about the ideas - it's easier to plan out projects that way for me :D

EDIT - skype all 3 of us =p - heck maybe even get the whole team onboard so we can all help out with the compositions (not all at once obv)

Oh alright, then you can disregard the last question on my PM :D

Yeah, we can work something out - we should use skype and do a call about the ideas - it's easier to plan out projects that way for me :D

EDIT - skype all 3 of us =p - heck maybe even get the whole team onboard so we can all help out with the compositions (not all at once obv)

Sounds like a beautiful idea! When do you want to start?

Has work on this started?

You should ask zyko & Jose the Bronx Rican to join in too.

Yes, I think people have started to put down ideas and are making WIPs. I'm not sure if there are any qualifications to make it an official OC album, or just a project for fun. But my idea was just to get some more hip-hop int the site

As far as zyko, I haven't been in contact with. Would a pm suffice? As far as Jose, I messaged him, but he said he was busy at the time. Do you think a follow up would be an annoyance?

http://www.mediafire.com/?nr63sowjtakccd5

I have a feeling I broke a lot of rules in this remix... I did a lot of sampling (was going for a more old school sound; that's the type of Hip-Hop I'm into anyway), but I guess I kept the sampling of the Carnival Night Zone original track to a pretty small amount. I'm not sure how obvious it is that this is a Carnival Night Zone remix. There will be quite a bit of rap and I'll probably mess with the beats coming in and out a bit more when I get all the vocals in there. I'll probably have some vocals in there, but sort of silly and ugly sounding, yet in that cool type of tone... you know what I mean?

So yeah. Remix so far. Not highest quality. I just exported it at 192kbps which stinks compared to the high quality 24-bit sound quality I'm working with in Logic, but oh well. It still is high enough quality to get the point across.

But yeah, life has been keeping me busy as well

Same here. I probably won't be able to get started on my track until another week from now at the earliest.

Also, I hate to ask this, but can you take me off the roster for Quartz Quadrant *for now*? I might be able to pick it back up but atm I've got enough on my plate with my mixes for the Paper Mario 64 project, a special request I'm working on, and my own hip hop project.

@BrothaDom: Hey whenever you finally yell out there that the tracks need to be finished soon or my track is a priority to be finished, I'll get on it.

But for now, like King Tiger, I'm working on a remix for the PM64 project, and that mix has been keeping me busy. The Carnival Night Zone remix I'm coming back to occasionally and tweaking, but it has not been a priority for me right now.

Just thought I'd let you know that. :)

@BrothaDom: Hey whenever you finally yell out there that the tracks need to be finished soon or my track is a priority to be finished, I'll get on it.

But for now, like King Tiger, I'm working on a remix for the PM64 project, and that mix has been keeping me busy. The Carnival Night Zone remix I'm coming back to occasionally and tweaking, but it has not been a priority for me right now.

Just thought I'd let you know that. :)

Ditto...albeit my WIP is far from done - haven't worked on my Metropolis track since I showed G-Mixer and Brothadom lol

• 1 month later...
omfg totally forgot...you sorta went AWOL on us Brothadom lol - that and I've been wasting time at other projects with half finished works lmao. Some day it'll all get done :tomatoface:

Yeah, I'm so sorry about that. School really caught up with me in a bad way and I've been really weak on here. That's no excuse though.

How does everyone want to proceed?

Also, that Meteor Herd remix sounds cool, let me know when you hear about that, please.

Yeah, I'm so sorry about that. School really caught up with me in a bad way and I've been really weak on here. That's no excuse though.

How does everyone want to proceed?

Also, that Meteor Herd remix sounds cool, let me know when you hear about that, please.

First off, me and G-Mixer need 2 come up with some actual rap lyrics for our collab, idk how you will get the other ppl to chip in - especially now that there's a sonic CD project starting up haha.