Magic Healing Potion (Song of Healing) Version 2

jordanrooben

Nice source, one of my favs as well. :D

Same problem as with your Phendrana track, the instruments don't seem to have agreed on a scale to stick to. Same thing with the rhythm, the drums seem to be doing their own thing. Like a lot of newbs, you have some trouble writing stuff that fits. Remember that you don't need everything instrument to play all the time, it's okay for the lead to stop, for a note, for a beat, for a bar, for a longer segment. Let your arrangement breathe.

Flute is way louder than the rest of the instrumentation in the C-part at the end. It's an easy fix. Avoid problems like that by listening through the mix once you've rendered/exported/bounced it. Better yet, avoid them while mixing.

You'll get there. Keep it up. :)

Hmm. It definitely sounds like the background is clashing with the foreground. The two don't seem to mesh well at all because they sound like they're in two completely different keys. The flute is also loud compared to everything else.

What I do like is the background instrumentals and the rhythm that they create (not talking about the percussion part). That element flows nicely at least. Once the notes all fit together, I think you'll have a very nice foundation!

Keep building! :smile:

Yeah, it kind of has that Jam band sound when everyone wants to jam, but aren't quite sure what they should jam. Like the others said, start fixing up the notes and you'll have something decent to work with. When I used to write tracks that would do that I found after I spent time reading books on melodies, counter-melodies and chord progressions they really helped me out. Might be something to look into, doesn't hurt to learn more.