Time spent doing...

bloodeyezack

What, you cant move a thread about making threads on OCR to off topic, it's like the most ON topic thread EVER. Furthermore, I think the whole retro vs. new games thing should be revisited. I think it's legitimate to say that new games are more simplistic than retro games from a gameplay perspective, the music is obviously a lot more complex now. But let me explain what I'm saying... it's not a buttload of buttons that make gameplay complex or simplistic. I think a lot of new games are pandering to the casual gamer, and even some first person shooters have really simple controls. But it's less about how complex the controls are and more about how the controls are implemented into the gameplay. I think retro games are not just more complex in that regard, but also a buttload more difficult. And when you die in old games, you die for real

Zombies ate my neighbor all the way, and Contra! The only new game I enjoyed this year was Zelda: Skyward Sword. The puzzles were always different and some of them you had to give some real thought about. (I'm getting a 3ds in a couple of days, any color suggestions?) other then that, maybe Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

I've been here since 2006, but I still lurk far more often than I post, as the sig suggests. All the same, I love these forums and keep coming back and posting when I feel like I've got something useful to contribute, even if I never seem to get around to making actual music.

Hooray for a faint pulse in offtopic! (even though it's in community)

Well... I forgot how to move the topic over to off-topic (Thought I have kept to criteria for community.) and besides, I'm just a curious guy, I'm not sure if I'm interesting enough for the OC club. so I just winged it. 8-)

I'm just not going to give up cause of my hesitations. that goes for music as well, example is I never actually bothered to learn the terminology for mechanisms on FL and other generators. so when people ask me how I did something, I became lost for words. but I still know what I'm doing, and what others are doing in music that I research (Ocremixes/trance/techno/Ect.)

Well... I forgot how to move the topic over to off-topic (Thought I have kept to criteria for community.) and besides, I'm just a curious guy, I'm not sure if I'm interesting enough for the OC club.

You can't move any topic to another forum. Only mods have that ability.

Also, noone is NOT interesting enough to join in. The forums are a welcoming place here. Noone should ever feel unwelcome to post :)

The forum activity may have waned quite a bit compared to really any year previous to this one, but that also shouldn't stop you from posting. Activity hopefully will come back, and you will find yourself amongst the others making awesome posts in awesome threads.

Keep on keepin on, bro.

You can't move any topic to another forum. Only mods have that ability.

Also, noone is NOT interesting enough to join in. The forums are a welcoming place here. Noone should ever feel unwelcome to post :)

The forum activity may have waned quite a bit compared to really any year previous to this one, but that also shouldn't stop you from posting. Activity hopefully will come back, and you will find yourself amongst the others making awesome posts in awesome threads.

Keep on keepin on, bro.

Well I'm keeping on. :P

maybe I should start being more inventive though. I mean I have kept to the topic. but I feel like its going no where. :lol:

Also, grants pass = +1 for Oregon !

lol Oregon is always under the radar. I swear anyone out of state always never knows about Oregon. I actually went on a road trip to Georgia on the 16th, it took me 4 days to get there. but on those day's some people I ended up talking too, didn't even know Oregon was a state, lmao. :lol:

I wonder if shows like Grimm and Portlandia will in some way expose Oregon to the people who are less aware (read: ignorant masses) of our wonderful state. Although, that's only Portland, and I think they're more than a bit weird a lot of the time. >_<

Anyways, the best way to get out is to post. If you like a project or a mix, post about it, and if there's not much around about it, go ahead and leave a message on their profile or PM them. Plus, you might find more you like. :smile:

I wonder if shows like Grimm and Portlandia will in some way expose Oregon to the people who are less aware (read: ignorant masses) of our wonderful state. Although, that's only Portland, and I think they're more than a bit weird a lot of the time. >_<

Anyways, the best way to get out is to post. If you like a project or a mix, post about it, and if there's not much around about it, go ahead and leave a message on their profile or PM them. Plus, you might find more you like. :smile:

The only other thing about Oregon is that the "Goonie's" was filmed in I think Coo's Bay, OR. :lol:

Yeah I'm giving it a shot. :)!! once I get back my computer I'll be making more quality music then.